Travis Barker, Chester & Slash

sian18

Travis Barker is working on his solo album and is expected to have several prominent guests featured on it.

"There's some stuff on my record that's not going to have a bunch of guitars, that are just straight-up hip hop records. Everything's going be real different. It's going to be really well-rounded," he told MTV News on Wednesday. "We got a new Blink song on there, I think I'm going to do something with Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Hopefully a guest appearance from Slash, I'm doing his big fundraiser that happens this month. I think there's going to be a collaboration with [Kanye West's touring DJ] A-Track, so it's gonna be really in all directions."

This comes right after rumors that Chester will also appear on his friend Slash's solo album due to comments made on Twitter recently. It was said that the two have been trying to make a song together for quite a while, but it seems Chester didn't get together with Slash in time to make it onto this CD. However, many others did, as the lineup for the CD is quite big.

"Names rumored to be associated with the album have included Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters), Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Fergie, Ozzy Osbourne, M. Shadows (Avenged Sevenfold), Iggy Pop, Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave), Lemmy (Motorhead), Kid Rock and original Guns N' Roses members Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin.

Handling most of the drums and bass on the album will be Josh Freese (Nine Inch Nails) and Chris Chaney (Jane's Addiction), respectively."

Slash on Twitter said: "In the studio with Myles Kennedy, Steve Farrone & Chris Chaney, fuckin' rocking. Recording the final track for my record tomorrow, finally. Record will be completely done this month."

Darn, no Chester it seems, but maybe he and Slash will record a one-off song sometime.

Both Travis and Slash seem to have fucking EPIC solo albums coming out - hope we finally get some new good music...can't wait.

Meh... I'm not too excited for Travis' album. He said it's gonna have some of his "rock remixes" on them. Obviously the drumming on them is sick, but the songs themselves are garbage :P

Lol that's funny cuz a close friend of mine LOVES Blink 182 but hates Chester's voice. This should ruin her day XD.

How the hell can anybody hate Chester's voice, but be able to tolerate anything that comes out of Tom Delonge's mouth?

I'm not so sure I like the idea of Chester being on Travis Barker's solo album but if it happens, it happens. Now Chester and Slash, that's a different story.

why not? Travis is an excellent drummer

what are you going to be afraid of zOMG blink PHANS like Chester?

Let's see....

I love the Foo Fighters.

The chili peppers are pretty good.

Fergie, ok cool.

Ozzy...cool but huh? really?

Avenged Sevenfold, alright thats neat.

Chris Cornell, sweet. hope it doesn't sound like Scream did.

Lemmy? awesome.

Kid Rock-could care less. For sure.

Myles Kennedy? Hell yes. LOVE Alter Bridge.

Wish Chester woulda been on there but thats gonna be a crazy collaboration without a doubt a purchase

• 8 months later...