A Sneak Peak At Mike's Setlist?

RogueSoul

We're under two weeks to go until Mike hits the stage for the first time since October and for the first time under his new solo project, and we're all eagerly waiting to see what he comes up with for the setlist. He's posted on Instagram that he's getting started thinking about stage design and has talked about what he'll be doing live in a lot of interviews, but a new playlist he just made might give us a few clues as to what he'll be playing.

Mike shared a new Apple Music playlist today featuring almost 40 songs spanning his career, from collaborations to Linkin Park songs to his Post Traumatic material. The playlist is appropriately titled "Stuff I Made" - click here to check it out. Beware the spoilers, though! This is some Infinity War level hype.

Check out the full playlist tracklist below:

• Welcome
  • Remember The Name
  • About You
  • Kenji
  • Sorry For Now
  • When They Come For Me
  • Crossing A Line
  • Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You
  • It's Goin' Down
  • Second To None
  • Until It Breaks
  • Waiting For The End
  • Cigarettes
  • Over Again
  • Where'd You Go
  • Wretches and Kings
  • Watching As I Fall
  • Bleed It Out
  • Castle Of Glass
  • Believe Me
  • Invisible
  • A Light That Never Comes
  • It Goes Through
  • Skin To Bone
  • Petrified
  • H! Vltg3
  • Big Pimpin' / Papercut
  • In Stereo
  • Hands Held High
  • Devil's Drop
  • High Road
  • Good Goodbye
  • Burning In The Skies
  • Points Of Authority / 99 Problems / One Step Closer
  • Nothing Makes Sense Anymore
  • In The End
  • Iridescent
  • The Last Line
  • Roads Untraveled

What can a playlist reveal about a live show? A lot, potentially. The playlist features a lot of seemingly carefully selected tracks (we're not going to be naming any to keep the surprise alive for those who want to), and it wouldn't be the first time Mike would have teased a setlist using playlists. When he started playing some solo shows as Fort Minor in 2015, he created this playlist which included many of the songs he ended up playing. Some songs were indeed missing from the set, like the Styles Of Beyond collaborating 'Second To None,' the Vice Remix of 'I'll Be Gone,' and 'Wastelands' from The Hunting Party, but a majority of the tracks were played on his short tour. It's unlikely Mike will be playing 40 songs a night (but hey, if he does, we're here for it) and we all know his crafty mind just loves to make obscure mashups, so it's likely we'll see a selection of songs from the new playlist performed live during his shows. The only question now is: which ones?

Here's something we want to see return - the epic 2015 Remix of 'Cigarettes' Mike performed during Fort Minor shows.

What are your thoughts? Lots of setlist ideas are going around on the Custom Setlists thread, so feel free to post your ideas there! Are there any songs NOT only the list you would want to see Mike play, or songs that you're surprised are on there? There are definitely some interesting picks on there. Mike's first shows are coming up fast: mark your calendars for Saturday, May 12. Mike will be performing in the afternoon at KROQ's annual Weenie Roast (which will be livestreamed) and then headlining Identity LA later that night for a full set. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for all the updates!

Check out the rest of Mike's touring schedule here.

Kind of annoys me that he put so many Linkin Park songs under ''stuff I made''. I like to think that everyone in the band made that together as a band. I know Mike came up with most of the demos and shit in Linkin Park but cmon man.

I'd rather hear most of the Mike Shinoda and Fort Minor stuff if I was going to a show. I'd rather have 95% of that Linkin Park stuff played at future Linkin Park shows when they decide to get back together again and write and tour. Sorry For Now and Roads Untraveled would be cool to hear, though, and I don't have any problem with those being played.

But of course, this is just all my opinion on shit.

Kind of annoys me that he put so many Linkin Park songs under ''stuff I made''. I like to think that everyone in the band made that together as a band. I know Mike came up with most of the demos and shit in Linkin Park but cmon man.

I'd rather hear most of the Mike Shinoda and Fort Minor stuff if I was going to a show. I'd rather have 95% of that Linkin Park stuff played at future Linkin Park shows when they decide to get back together again and write and tour. Sorry For Now and Roads Untraveled would be cool to hear, though, and I don't have any problem with those being played.

But of course, this is just all my opinion on shit.

With a couple exceptions (In the End, DOYS/LFY), nearly every Linkin Park song he put on this list can easily be identified as having been 90% or more composed by Mike.

Edited by Astat

With a couple exceptions (In the End, DOYS/LFY), nearly every Linkin Park song he put on this list can easily be identified as having been 90% or more composed by Mike.

The first like three albums music dont belong on the list. With all of those albums we have seen videos and photos of them all collectively working on the music. And you have many interviews with band members talking about those songs. Bleed It Out doesnt belong especially because Brad cake up with the very first seed of the song, and it just doesnt belong at a Mike show IMO. Sorry. In The End and the LPJZ songs dont, either. I can understand stuff like all songs from ATS, LT, OML. But cmon. Its only those I have a problem with. The others are cool to me.

Edit: Also, I want to add, I dont care if he plays any LP songs. But I didnt like the songs I wrote about a few of them. Yeah, you and 5 other people, your brothers in Linkin Park. Dont ever forget your brothers.

Edited by Geki

You know, even if he's NOT the main writer or composer of some of these songs, it's still music made by his band that he took part in. He has every right to play whatever song he wants to because regardless of how much input he has, because he at least helped make them. By that logic, Pheonix shouldn't have been allowed to play the HT songs over the last 18 years, but that hasn't stopped him. Hell, if it was a matter of who deserves to play what then covers just wouldn't be a thing.

You know, even if he's NOT the main writer or composer of some of these songs, it's still music made by his band that he took part in. He has every right to play whatever song he wants to because regardless of how much input he has, because he at least helped make them. By that logic, Pheonix shouldn't have been allowed to play the HT songs over the last 18 years, but that hasn't stopped him. Hell, if it was a matter of who deserves to play what then covers just wouldn't be a thing.

Let’s keep the MTM stuff off of the list, though. And HT. Luckily he didn’t put Meteora in there but we know Chester wrote a shit ton for that album too. I don’t care about other stuff. I actually think a lot of the newer stuff (ATS-OML) should be played.

I dont even care anymore because I realized that the Chester era is over. Nothing Mike or anyone does will ever be as great as the Chester era for me personally so Im not worried. The Chester era legacy is written in history and will always remain there. You cant change the past. Mike can play whatever he wants, it was wrong for me to not want him to play some of the LP songs.

I guess part of it is that its still so hard for me to think of a future without Chester. I still havent really healed from it and my mind just wont accept it. But Im trying to be more open to stuff and open to the idea of the future.

Edited by Geki

I dont even care anymore because I realized that the Chester era is over..............

But Im trying to be more open to stuff and open to the idea of the future.

you're conflicted just like many of us still are and will continue to be, but that's ok

Edited by loulax07

I guess part of it is that its still so hard for me to think of a future without Chester. I still havent really healed from it and my mind just wont accept it. But Im trying to be more open to stuff and open to the idea of the future.

I know man, I dont think Ive fully accepted it either, my life has been a mess since it happened... whats keeping me from going insane is Mikes music... if we didnt hear from the band and if they went off the grid, id probably lose it... its still so hard to think about Chester and what happened... I do know this, that Ive been playing everything LP related loud and proud... the sole purpose now in my life is to keep his legacy alive by helping others.

I dont even care anymore because I realized that the Chester era is over. Nothing Mike or anyone does will ever be as great as the Chester era for me personally so Im not worried. The Chester era legacy is written in history and will always remain there. You cant change the past. Mike can play whatever he wants, it was wrong for me to not want him to play some of the LP songs.

"Telling then the old words but in a new rap / Then I change my mind up and make them lose track / Sh*t I'm inconsistent I thought they knew that"

The Apple Music preview states 40 songs exactly, but there are only 39 (this was driving me crazy until I counted them manually). Is there a hidden song from Post Traumatic that hasn't been released on there? That's the only explanation, right?