'One More Light' Is The Next Single?

RogueSoul

Following Chester's death, Linkin Park sent out 'One More Light' as a sort of promotional single (and mostly as a gesture to Chester given the song's beautiful meaning). It was rumored that the song would be the next single after plans for 'Talking To Myself' were scrapped, and it looks like it's finally coming to light.

According to All Access, the single 'One More Light' will be released to radio on October 3, which is in about two and a half weeks. This could mean anything, but it really seems to be a good sign for the band moving forward. Mike's wife Anna even teased that she was listening to some creative stuff going on in the studio, so hopefully the band is healing and recovering just like we are.

EDIT: AllAccess is saying that 'One More Light' will impact the Hot/Modern/AC stations on October 2. It's still expected to roll out to the Top 40/Mainstream radio on October 3.

LinkinParkOMLsinglepromo.jpg

What this means for the band going forward could be anyone's guess. There's still the unannounced Chester memorial the band will be hosting in the coming months and the tour dates in Japan at the beginning of November that remain uncancelled, but that could change any day, as it is a big decision for them. Take this however you want, but from what it seems like, Linkin Park is back.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates - we'll keep you up to date.

If this winds up being true and One More Light receives a genuine push as a radio single, then I take it as a sign that OML will be closing out the Chester era of Linkin Park. It's a beautiful song that completely fits this situation, and I think releasing the song as the final LP single with Chester's vocals would be a fitting way to end one chapter and look towards the beginning of another.

If this winds up being true and One More Light receives a genuine push as a radio single, then I take it as a sign that OML will be closing out the Chester era of Linkin Park. It's a beautiful song that completely fits this situation, and I think releasing the song as the final LP single with Chester's vocals would be a fitting way to end one chapter and look towards the beginning of another.

This is exactly what I was thinking and I hope it's what they will do

Not been able to find anything that confirms this but if its true (hope it is) then it would likely be as a tribute and a charity single to raise money for the One More Light Foundation. With all the flooding much help is needed so it makes sense at they know it would likely do well, as singles go. Yes its already on the album which has sold loads, but if it is packaged with a couple of unheard b-sides featuring Chester and 'boom' potential hit.

This should make everyone happy that wanted the band to continue. Linkin Park, for me, is over, but I didn't want all the fans who wanted it to keep going to be let down. I still like the community and I'm sure some stuff from 2008 and prior will find it's way online over the next years, etc. like it always does. Even if it doesn't, I'll stick around, to much people's dismay. But yeah, this is good news for those people.

Exactly my thoughts!

I'm very interested in seeing where this leads. Seems like they've taken the time they needed to regroup and determine a path forward.

How big will the announcements Mike mentioned be? Surely one will be the tribute show. Maybe one related to those Japan shows? Maybe even a big letter about a new direction?

I'm very interested in seeing where this leads. Seems like they've taken the time they needed to regroup and determine a path forward.

How big will the announcements Mike mentioned be? Surely one will be the tribute show. Maybe one related to those Japan shows? Maybe even a big letter about a new direction?

I was just thinking about that. I'm pretty sure they'll address the LA event and the Japan shows. I don't think they'll announce something as big as a new direction for the band, but maybe they'll put out a general statement about whether they plan to continue as a band or not.

I hope they'll release it as a single with a music video dedicated to Chester. It can be a beautiful tribute. But I'm kind of confused, did they end up not releasing TTM?

"Talking to Myself" was released on July 25 and it didn't chart very well in the US, compared to the titletrack (at moment *and still* not a single).

"Talking to Myself" was released on July 25 and it didn't chart very well in the US, compared to the titletrack (at moment *and still* not a single).

But in other countries TTM was even better on charts than OML.

Big shame that it wasn't released as a single.

Edited by martinez

TTM didn't chart well because the video was released the day Chester died. Understandably there was literally zero promotion. I didn't hear it on the radio once.

There was no promotion, no radio push, no mention of it by any members of LP, nothing. Chester's death caused most people to go back and listen to older LP material and reminisce. There was no push for TTM to succeed as a single, as it was the last thing on the band's (and fans of the band's) minds.

If Chester hadn't passed, the song would have been pushed harder on radio, been advertised by the band's social media accounts, played on tour, been mentioned in interviews with the band, etc. ALL of those plans were halted immediately in the wake of July 20th.

I don't see how anyone can think that Chester's death had nothing to do with TTM not performing well as a single.