LP adds Los Angeles MFR Benefit Show 1/11/14

hahninator

Yesterday, Linkin Park posted on Twitter, "Tune into @kroq tomorrow morning at 8:15am PST and watch @KTLA at 9:15 PST for a special announcement. #musicforrelief"

Just now it was unveiled that the band will be playing Club Nokia in Los Angeles on January 11th for a Music For Relief Haiyan Benefit show. Tickets are $250 and The Offspring will open.This show comes the day after the band plays in Las Vegas, meaning there will be two small club shows in January.

Posted Image

The MFR website calls this the "Concert for the Philippines". The band last played Club Nokia on June 29, 2012 for the X Games (show page here).

Who's going?

EDIT: Pinky, a member of our forum, noticed in small print at the bottom: "The Concert for Philippines will be televised and may be recorded or streamed.'

1/3 UPDATE: KROQ confirms that the show will be televised live on AXS.TV and linkinpark.com. Stryker from KROQ will host the event.

1/6 UPDATE: Examiner reports that Tom Morello, Travis Barker and Mix Master Mike have been added to the lineup for the show.

STREAM INFO: AXS.com reports that the stream will be available on the AXS mobile app (iPhone users click HERE, Android users click HERE). The KROQ post says it will be on the LP website as well, so we are awaiting details on that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fandom of The Offspring extends to me liking Pretty Fly for a White Guy 'cause it's funny.

Excellent news on the televised/streamed front. Interested to see what the setlist'll be like for these shows - hoping for a surprise Hybrid Theory resurrection before the main event in summer.

Anyone checked the really small letters at the end of this: http://www.crowdrise.com/ConcertforthePhilippines - 'The Concert for Philippines will be televised and may be recorded or streamed.'

Sounds good to me!

Probably means they'll televise 30 seconds of one song during a news report and then tease us for the next 10 years by using clips of the concert footage as background stuff in all kinds of news releases, but never actually release the concert. It is an MFR concert, after all.

Probably means they'll televise 30 seconds of one song during a news report and then tease us for the next 10 years by using clips of the concert footage as background stuff in all kinds of news releases, but never actually release the concert. It is an MFR concert, after all.

ArtisanNews is pure evil.

I think for a show like this it would be appropriate to maybe play some acoustic versions, slower songs. I don't expect them to do stuff like Reading My Eyes (just as an example I know it's not a slow song) or whatever, but they could play stuff like: Little Things, Pushing Me Away, My December, Not Alone, The Messenger. I'm sure they'll do Castle Of Glass anyway.

EPIC post.

It makes sense for the whole thing to be televised because its a MFR concert.

The goal is raise money so televising it with details of how to donate would be an obvious way to go IMO

But then again, you could be right sir!

Who can be the special guests? Aoki in Malaysia on the same day.

Edit:

Maybe Chali 2na :P

"Special Guests" = Bands/artists playing the show that weren't mentioned in the original announcement (Bad Religion, potentially others).

"Special Guests" = Bands/artists playing the show that weren't mentioned in the original announcement (Bad Religion, potentially others).

Just like you said, I thought Bad Religion are the special guests, but then I saw the new poster and it says LP, The Offspring, Bad Religion + Special Guests:

http://api.ning.com/files/mWq-Pv8RWzR4tg8q.../FB_UPDATED.jpg

So there are more than 3 acts..

Maybe special guests = featuring? Slim chance but Jared Leto is in LA around that time...

Please no unless LP wants a guy to stand there and sing one line of a song and hold the microphone out for the crowd to sing the rest while he yells "SING IT TO THE SKY" at the top of his lungs.

Honestly, if LP were ever going to play RU live, this would be the time. It's not on a major tour and this is most likely the last show they will play in the LT era because this summer we will probably see a first single from the 6th album. It would make sense. But this is LP we are talking about here, they never do anything cool like that. I don't expect it much besides the same old set.