Linkin Park Returning To Honda Civic Tour In 2013?

hahninator

On the Honda Civic Tour Facebook page, a picture of a guitarist that looks eerily similar to our own Brad Delson (even with the headphones) has been posted with the following clues about the 2013 HCT headliner being revealed:

- Grammy award winning (check)

- On a worldwide tour (maybe not right this second, but LP is on the LIVING THINGS World Tour)

- Met in school (check)

- First Show was at a venue on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood (At Whiskey A Go Go)

- Singer has tattoos (check)

- Past Saturday Night Live performer (check)

- West Coast Based (check)

- Album Released in 2012 (check)

- A hit single features an emcee (check)

Posted Image

They are running a contest called Guess The Headliner as well: "You’ll never guess who’s headlining the 2013 Honda Civic Tour. (OK, maybe you will.) When you submit a guess, you’ll be entered for a chance to ask the headliner an interview question in person at a private video shoot in Hollywood. The trip to LA for you and a guest will include air, hotel and fun!"

In December, we heard that the tour had asked Linkin Park to come back for another Honda Civic Tour as well.

What do you think?

EDIT: It is now confirmed that Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson will be featured on the 2013 Honda Civic Tour.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this would mean another summer U.S. tour if true? Can't be mad at that. I hope it is Brad. I do see some big Brad lookin headphones in that altered version of the photo.

Edited by Xero21

Met In High School - Chester?

let's try to do it in a different way, who:

- Grammy Award Winning?

- On A Worldwide Tour?

- Met In High School?

but not Linkin Park?

Edited by Skipees

Do you think maybe they're just using old stock photos of random HCT headliners from the past? Maybe the pictures themselves aren't meant to be clues?

Why would they go through the effort of editing that picture that looks to be Brad?

Do you think maybe they're just using old stock photos of random HCT headliners from the past? Maybe the pictures themselves aren't meant to be clues?

i'm pretty sure those picture is a clues.

few people are saying the band is Foo Fighter.

Why would they go through the effort of editing that picture that looks to be Brad?

True. I wonder, did Mutemath or Incubus use one of those older style mics in their performances? Maybe they didn't realize that mic pic wasn't specifically from Linkin Park's set?

When they posted the second clue (Grammy Award winning) they show a photo of old type microphone. LP never use that type of microphone.

here's the photo.

Posted Image

Incubus does. Thats why i'm saying Incubus and Linkin Park. But if they are talking about just one band maybe is Incubus.

Thats Brandon Boyd's kind of mic.

Look at the picture of Brad from the Uncasville 2012 show, compare the lights to the pic in the original post and look how Brad is holding the guitar. And Mansfield.

I was skeptical at first but that looks exactly like him. I mean exactly. Same production and everything that Linkin Park used last year.

Just checked on Wiki.

Another possible band will be "The Black Keys".

Met in highschool: "Guitarist/vocalist Dan Auerbach and drummer Patrick Carney first met when they were eight or nine years old while living in the same neighborhood of Akron, Ohio. While attending Firestone High School, they became friends"

Grammy Award Winning: they won 7 awards.

Worldwide tour: Currently they are. Promoting their El Camino album.

SMILING BIG NOW. Fucking hope its LP and some other awesome band.

And just a speculation - but since the picture on the left is somewhat crappy can we assume its a band who hasn't done the tour in awhile?

Fuck that realized its the same person

Edited by Soul

Timing would be right, just after the Summer Sonic shows. If the first time round was such a huge success it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same again- Avenged Sevenfold headlined the Uproar tour twice in a row I seem to remember.

Now, can we have some UK dates please? Thanks.

So the prize is a chance to ask the headliner an interview question in person at a private video shoot in Hollywood

"To enjoy the prize, the winner and guest must be available for travel during April 16, 2013 to April 18, 2013. "

That means the video shoot will be at April 16 - 18 in Hollywood. Maybe LP will release another singel off LT and that will be the video shoot.

Edited by wiiesel