Good Goodbye Demo (Leak)

RogueSoul

A demo of 'Good Goodbye' from One More Light has leaked online. It was posted on LP Community's VK page earlier today.

It appears to be an unmastered demo, featuring a slightly altered version of Mike's demo verse from the live version of the song played over the summer of 2017 instead of Stormzy's verse (Pusha T's verse is still in this version, however).

What do you think of the demo? Do you prefer it to the original? This is the first demo of a song that made it onto One More Light that we've heard so far, and given we haven't gotten a CD for LPU 17 (yet), it's a nice look into the album's process. For more LP/Mike Shinoda news, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty cool we got this. I wonder how. I remember the band saying that Stormzy sent his verse later then when Mike and Pusha did theirs. I like the final version with Stormzy but this version is cool too. I hope we can get more demos on LPU17 (still yet to come out). I’d like to hear more stuff like this. I love alternate verses, choruses, etc.

OMG! :o I can't believe this was the original verse and not Mike improvised it during the rehearsals!

Mike said this was his unreleased verse from the demo like, the day after that first rehearsal video was posted.

It’s the only track on OML with rap verses and they invited Pusha T to do it. Mike’s verse in this track is my much.

Mike loves Pusha T, I’ve heard him say in a lot of interviews that he is a huge fan of him. He’s pretty respected in the rap world, actually. He also was featured on Recharged back in 2013 so he obviously likes working with LP too. But yeah, I don’t think he’s that great personally. He’s ok, I don’t hate his verse.

Mike loves Pusha T, I’ve heard him say in a lot of interviews that he is a huge fan of him. He’s pretty respected in the rap world, actually. He also was featured on Recharged back in 2013 so he obviously likes working with LP too. But yeah, I don’t think he’s that great personally. He’s ok, I don’t hate his verse.

Unpopular opinion: I think that Good Goodbye contains the worst performance from Pusha T. A lot of tracks where he is featured as a guest artist are better (like Gorillaz's Let Me Out or Steve Angello's Freedom).

Don’t get me wrong, the orginal version is pretty good, one of my favorites from OML but Good Goodbye is the only song from the album with rap. We have two verses of rap in the whole album and 50% is from Mike and the other is from Pusha. We lost the opportunity to listen Mike rapping in this record.

Stuff leak. It happens. It's not the first time and won't be the last. It was a released by LP Community on VK (note it says "exclusive"). It doesn't really matter how they got it. Just be glad they did. No one has questioned exclusives by LPLive, LPAssociation, LPCatalog, LPFuse or whatever in the past. I don't understand why you guys are making such a big deal about their source.