Linkin Park Announces Tribute Show + Memorial in Los Angeles

RogueSoul

The last few months have been a long and winding road for the world of music, and even more so for the Linkin Park world. We've all been recovering slowly over the last few months, both fans and the band members alike, and it seems the time has come to continue moving forward. Linkin Park have announced a tribute show and memorial for Chester in Los Angeles, California on October 27, 2017.

We've known this memorial was happening for awhile now, after the band posted an update at the end of August, which read: "We are working on a special public event in Los Angeles to honor Chester's memory..." The event will be held at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. We're unsure exactly what the event entails, but it seems that the band will be performing. We don't know if it'll just be the five of them or if they'll have some special guests perform with them, but what we do know is that it'll be an emotional scene all the same.

"Linkin Park announce a special show in honor of Chester. The one-night-only celebration will take place in Los Angeles at the legendary Hollywood Bowl on Friday, October 27, 2017. The band will be joined by a number of other artists, for an unforgettable night of music to honor the man that touched the lives of so many around the world."

Pre-sale for the tribute show will be through the LPU and start soon. Let us know if you'll be going!

For more updates on this event and Linkin Park's future, follow us on Twitter and Facebook. If you're still having trouble getting through the loss, be sure to join the LPLive Help Line Discord chat - we'll do our best to make you feel comfortable! Time stops for no one, and we all know that Chester wouldn't want us stopping our lives. It's time for a new era. We hope you'll join us for the journey.

Check out Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Wish there were more details on this. Will it be LP playing as a full band with guest vocalists from different bands coming out for each song? A new vocalist with guests also? I probably won't be able to go to this since I live all the way in Massachusetts, but I think this will be a cool event for a lot of people. I'd love to be there just because I'm such a huge fan of Chester from HT-MTM but I would feel weird to go, since I haven't really liked LP's music since MTM ended. I think all the huge fans who have supported them throughout all the albums should be there the most. Anyways, it's cool they're doing this.

I will 10000000% be there, and hope someone organizes an LPL meetup pre-show.

Of note: Jay-Z is doing a show in Anaheim that night. Highly unlikely he can pull off both, given the shows would be at the same time, but not logistically impossible that he could kick it off in LA before helicoptering over.

Also, this needs to be livestreamed.

Thank you so much!

Ticketmaster just told me they only ship to the US and Canada. Well... looks like everyone else won't be able to attend the show. I'm devastated...

EDIT: False alarm. There's something called the "will call" for international people. That means the tickets will be send to the venue and we can pick them up there. I guess...

Edited by Headstrong0510