Linkin Park Announces Tribute Show + Memorial in Los Angeles

RogueSoul

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that... If there isn't any official statement to cancel the shows, they are still up and going to happen. Unless Linkin Park decides to make a statement in the next couple of weeks, but I start to doubt about it.

Those shows are still up on their website and you can still buy tickets.. I get the feeling that they will play it. If they would have know that they won't play those shows than they would have cancelled them already.

I guess that... If there isn't any official statement to cancel the shows, they are still up and going to happen. Unless Linkin Park decides to make a statement in the next couple of weeks, but I start to doubt about it.

My theory is that someone that will perform with them at the tribute show will stick with the band for the rest of the year... my guess: OLY SYKES! LP is his favorite band, he loves Chester and it would be an honor for him to fill in, also he's available for the rest of the year, his band is in a break.

Then next year they'll decide if they can do it as a 5 piece or get a new singer.

Edited by JZE

My theory is that someone that will perform with them at the tribute show will stick with the band for the rest of the year... my guess: OLY SYKES! LP is his favorite band, he loves Chester and it would be an honor for him to fill in, also he's available for the rest of the year, his band is in a break.

Then next year they'll decide if they can do it as a 5 piece or get a new singer.

It's Oli Sykes but yeah I could see it. His voice can someone sound like Chester at times and he would definitely get support from the younger crowd.

Oli Sykes is a horrible live singer though. We'll see how he does in October (I'm guessing he'll probably sing Faint or OSC). t's an awesome story for someone to become the lead singer of their favorite childhood band (i.e. Chester and STP), but you do have to take into account their actual ability as well.

Oli Sykes is a horrible live singer though. We'll see how he does in October (I'm guessing he'll probably sing Faint or OSC). t's an awesome story for someone to become the lead singer of their favorite childhood band (i.e. Chester and STP), but you do have to take into account their actual ability as well.

Yeah, I agree with you 100% on this.

I just can't see Oli Sykes as a new lead singer...

And I don't really think that they'd pick someone famous, idk why. I think if they really decide to get a new singer they'll pick someone unknown, in my opinion that'd be the best thing they could do. Because if they go for someone that is popular everyone will be biased and that'd suck.

On the other hand.. If you guys are right and they would really pick someone who's performing with them in Cotober... I'd be super happy if they'd go with Machine Gun Kelly, because I like him, but I don't think he could pull it off with his voice.

Oli Sykes is a horrible live singer though.

Well, he's not THAT terrible. He has his ups and downs, but he improved a lot during BMTH's last touring cycle. And he's a LP fan, so he's going to give it his all when performing with them. But he's still nowhere near Chester's level, so I don't really see him joining the band for the Japan shows.