2015.05.09 - Las Vegas, NV - Rock in Rio USA

summer.jpg

It's been a while since I last did a preshow post...November for the Wien, Austria show, but I'll get back into the groove of things by taking over for Rock in Rio USA.

Ok guys, Linkin Park makes their highly anticipated return to the stage on May 9th at Rock in Rio USA. It will be the second day of the inaugural USA edition of the festival...No Doubt, Foster The People and more take the stage on day one (May 8). For this one, they will be performing just before Metallica, which hasn't happened since Summer Sonic 2013 in Tokyo and Osaka...coincidentally a decade after Summer Sanitarium 2003. Linkin Park will get a 75 minute set time; the Summer Sonic 2013 shows ran between 75-78 minutes for reference.

Since our show posts like to not only inform you about the upcoming show, but others in the city in the past as well, here's a little history on LP in LV. Las Vegas has had a show by Linkin Park for five consecutive years since 2010, the last being in January 2014 at The Joint, a venue they have played quite a few times. The band has played Vegas in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 x3 (one, two, three), 2008 x2 (one, two and a canceled one), 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 x2 (one, two). Phew. Besides Wake -> Lying From You opening the first 2008 show, our favorite moment from LP in Vegas was Timbaland's sweet Bleed It Out intro for the 2007 MTV MVA's.

This will be LP's sixteenth show in their career in Vegas. As a Rock In Rio veteran of the Lisboa, Portugal edition, it was only fitting that Linkin Park played the first year of Rock in Rio USA.

Rock in Rio and Yahoo have confirmed there will be some sort of webcast. While they haven't confirmed LP 100%, we see no reason why they'd skip over them unless LP's management/label refuses it. EDIT 5/8: Livestream confirmed! LP plays just as the Deftones end and obviously before Metallica.

As always, feel free to stick around and discuss the show live as the webcast takes place.

WEBCAST INFORMATION: (click the spoiler)

Link: Yahoo Webcast, LetTV Webcast?, (let us know if you find more links)
Time: 9:30pm PST (convert here)
Countdown

Chester is back in action, after just completing a full tour with Stone Temple Pilots. The winter North American Tour was canceled after three shows (including Chester playing with a broken ankle in Indianapolis), making it the FOURTH winter tour in a row in North America where Chester has had to cancel shows (2004, 2008, 2011, 2015). Maybe they'll stick with summer tours in the USA from now on...but props to Chester for playing the Indianapolis show injured!

So next, we will bring up what the band will change in the setlist for this tour. As we've seen already, they added From The Inside and A Place For My Head in January for three shows. These were the only two setlists for that tour (A and B), despite the band hinting they were adding a new song from The Hunting Party to those sets. Instead, they dropped both Rebellion and the short version of Until It's Gone.

With the band rehearsing again, they have indicated they will add a new song to the set this time too (heh). We will see as the band is pretty unpredictable. What song do you think they'll add? Will they change anything else? Will From The Inside and A Place For My Head stick around?

After this show, LP has a week off before Rock on the Range in Columbus, Ohio. They play four total shows in May - including Rock on the Range, Rocklahoma, and River City Rockfest. The band reconvenes in June for five more shows in the USA, Canada and Mexico. For the USA, these will likely be the final shows of the touring cycle for The Hunting Party, so see the band while you can. All of the upcoming tour dates can be found here.

Who will be in Vegas? Joe will be spinning a DJ set at Rehab at 11:00am-ish (21+, by the way) before the show on May 9th, too, if you're interested in that.

Show Page Notes

Date: May 9, 2015

Venue: MGM Resorts Festival Grounds (City of Rock)

Tour: North American Summer Shows

Show #1 of 4

Setlist:

01. Papercut (2015 Intro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro)

03. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

04. A Line In The Sand (Live Debut; Keyboard Intro)

05. Runaway (Shortened; Outro Transition)

06. Wastelands

07. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; WJL Bridge; Radiance Outro)

08. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley; w/ Aaron Pauley)

09. Robot Boy (Shortened)

10. Joe Solo Medley

11. New Divide (Full)

12. Burn It Down

13. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Remember The Name)

14. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)

15. In The End

16. Faint (w/ Austin Carlile; Ext. Outro)

17. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks; Wall Of Noise Outro)

18. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Sing-a-long)

Show Notes:

- A new (shortened) set debuted at this show.
- The full version of 'Papercut' opened up the set for the first time since 2014.06.14 Download (when 'Hybrid Theory' was performed in full). A brand new buildup intro was performed, as well.
- 'A Line In The Sand' featured an extended keyboard intro.
- Aaron Pauley from Of Mice & Men joined the band for the 'Iridescent' portion of the Ballad Medley.
- The full version of 'New Divide' was performed for the first time since the band performed on Warped Tour (2014.6.24). Barring that performance, every time the song was played on The Hunting Party Tour, it was shortened.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured a 'hybrid' verse of 'Wretches And Kings', the chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and a 'hybrid' verse of 'Remember The Name'. After the 'hybrid' verse of 'Remember The Name', he went into the chorus again.

- Mike went into the crowd during 'In The End'. Joe missed some samples during the bridge.

- Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men joined the band for 'Faint'.

- After being dropped during the previous tour, the Wall Of Noise Outro to 'Waiting For The End' returned at this show.

- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Chester conducted a sing-a-long with the crowd. It seemed as if he meant to do the refrain of 'The Catalyst', but forgot and instead improvised a sing-a-long.

Debuts:

- 'A Line In The Sand' was performed for the first time.

Other Notes:

- Of Mice & Men, one of Linkin Park's recurring tourmates on The Hunting Party Tour, performed first on the Evolution Stage. They dedicated 'You're Not Alone' to the band.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predicting ALITS. I bet they drop APFMH for it and use it to open the encore in the full set. They'll drop some shit for this shortened show.

Set something like this....

GATS

Given Up

From the Inside

OSC

Blackout

Papercut

Runaway

Wastelands

Ballad Medley

Burn It Down

WFTE

Final Masq

Numb

ITE

Faint

ALITS

maybe one of these: New Divide short or Crawling short

WID

BIO

The picture that was posted made me belive there is some sort of set change. Not necessarily a new THP song, but possibly a song that wasn't played this tour (like the addition of FTI and APFMH). However, this is LP. They might not change the set at all. If they are adding a new song, I'm hoping for ALITS, even though I consider War and All For Nothing more reasonable.

I am also hoping for ALITS. And it would be interesting since we will have a proshot of it. Question guys: How much time has passed since we had a proshot of a live debut of a new song? i can't remember.

However i a still hope that APFMH remains in the set for the upcoming tour. There is enough space in the set they played in january to add ALITS and not drop anything. For me it would become a perfect set if they add ALITS, keep APFMH, and drop Runaway and Crawling for Rebellion. Or at least for a FULL Papercut. But i guess i am dreaming.

Edited by HyruleKing

Predicting ALITS. I bet they drop APFMH for it and use it to open the encore in the full set. They'll drop some shit for this shortened show.

Set something like this....

GATS

Given Up

From the Inside

OSC

Blackout

Papercut

Runaway

Wastelands

Ballad Medley

Burn It Down

WFTE

Final Masq

Numb

ITE

Faint

ALITS

maybe one of these: New Divide short or Crawling short

WID

BIO

Pretty sure this is very close. I'm hoping they webcast! If not I'll make sure to remember the setlist.

I am also hoping for ALITS. And it would be interesting since we will have a proshot of it. Question guys: How much time has passed since we had a proshot of a live debut of a new song? i can't remember.

However i a still hope that APFMH remains in the set for the upcoming tour. There is enough space in the set they played in january to add ALITS and not drop anything. For me it would become a perfect set if they add ALITS, keep APFMH, and drop Runaway and Crawling for Rebellion. Or at least for a FULL Papercut. But i guess i am dreaming.

I am a big fan of your set changes. That would be perfect. I'm fine with Wastelands without Runaway, or Papercut without Blackout. The more room for full songs, the better, in my opinion.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but just off the top of my head I think this is the last live debut we got a proshot of. Lies Greed Misery at Rock In Rio Lisboa 2012. http://lplive.net/shows/db/2012/20120526

Technically, they played it privately before that and we have that video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NWkdw52q0 And we got a soundboard audio recording of Lost In The Echo's first performance (which wasn't a DSP)...that's pretty cool. http://lplive.net/shows/db/2012/20120806

I am a big fan of your set changes. That would be perfect. I'm fine with Wastelands without Runaway, or Papercut without Blackout. The more room for full songs, the better, in my opinion.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but just off the top of my head I think this is the last live debut we got a proshot of. Lies Greed Misery at Rock In Rio Lisboa 2012. http://lplive.net/shows/db/2012/20120526

Technically, they played it privately before that and we have that video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NWkdw52q0 And we got a soundboard audio recording of Lost In The Echo's first performance (which wasn't a DSP)...that's pretty cool. http://lplive.net/shows/db/2012/20120806

Also the first ever Catalyst performance (even considering KROQ, MTV or NY ATS release show)

Edited by stich

Rock in Rio in Vegas. It should be Rock in Vegas. It's not in Rio! <_>

It's a brand, the one in Lisbon is called Rock in Rio too, so that's not new. Just like Rock am Ring is not at the ring anymore.

I don't even know why he is complaining. Rock In Rio is happening in Brazil in September with an amazing line-up.

Am I the only one hoping for KTTK?

Probably, I cannot imagine a way for it to transfer live better than ALITS. Sure, ALITS is a harder song to play, but a few fuckups on the instruments are better than hearing 20% of the song on playback and not flowing well.

It's a brand, the one in Lisbon is called Rock in Rio too, so that's not new. Just like Rock am Ring is not at the ring anymore.

I don't even know why he is complaining. Rock In Rio is happening in Brazil in September with an amazing line-up.

I know that's a brand and there's nothing new, I'm not so stupid :D I just think that's not right. I know that's not so smart to change it after a huge sucess because you won't have the impact in new places. I'm not talking as a businessman, I'm talking like a "normal person"
lpliveusername, and I don't agree with you. In my opinion, all the Rock in Rio setlists arround the world were not so good in the last years.

Cant see anything links dont work

Strange, works fine for me.

I'm interested in what header image says (4K something-something 1080p ....) and the image at the bottom of the page under the performers.

Strange, works fine for me.

I'm interested in what header image says (4K something-something 1080p ....) and the image at the bottom of the page under the performers.

Never believe Chinese posters.

Last time letv did a so called 4kwebcast(It cost me 5 bucks).It turned out to be 4k cameras shooting but 720p live stream and very bad quality.

BTW can you record the LeTV streamI could buy an account.

Or you could teach me how to get it because I am using China LAN.There maybe less network lag for me.

Never believe Chinese posters.

Last time letv did a so called 4kwebcast(It cost me 5 bucks).It turned out to be 4k cameras shooting but 720p live stream and very bad quality.

BTW can you record the LeTV streamI could buy an account.

Or you could teach me how to get it because I am using China LAN.There maybe less network lag for me.

Contact me via PM.