-
Posts
425 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Shows
Wiki
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by YRQRM0
-
Dangerous seems a bit extreme to me, but either way I'm not assuming it. I'm just illustrating that there are pretty clear, non-controversial reasons he might not be saying anything. Him just not loving being in the spotlight is totally another one But to act like he's disrespecting fans by not saying anything is kinda crazy to me. He has spoken appreciation for fans numerous times and it was in fact the last thing he did for HT20
-
Yeah, plus she gets to stay fairly still here and just lock in since it's really supposed to the competitor's show. This is probably one of her best live performances ever, if not THE best. I'd welcome her staying at the mic to nail this song any day, like Chester would do w Numb and What I've Done often
-
Rob's last interview with LP had him doing a long spiel about how the fans carried them through everything and how grateful he was I think it's pretty clear reading between the lines that Rob wasn't comfy w LP continuing the way they did, and chose to simply opt out in silence. Not to suggest he's anything like the "this isn't real LP" trolls online, but he could firmly have the opinion that should've change the name for example. That would mean he's not really keen on acknowleding it w a "goodbye", but not so against it that he's gonna voice that opinion either. It's like accepting that your ex is dating someone new, but not really intersted in going out of you way to say congrats or meet the new person. But since he's a reasonable guy, he'll move past it in silence and happily sit w an insanley successful run
-
I thought this was really interesting bc in general I’ve LOVED LPs mixes Lost, and I sometimes go back to something like The Catalyst or RU and wish we could hear it w refreshed mixing bc stuff like Friendly Fire sounds huge compared to the rest of OML, Lost compared to the 2003 mix etc That said, I felt the same way about the catalyst. I think it’s just bc it’s live and the drums don’t get so much reverb, the big choral chants are not very high and Emily’s vocals need more reverb as well? And the guitar sounds super dry and almost too loud. On the other hand, something like Papercut and SIB almost sound bigger and more impactful than the original mixes to me (at least, as much as a live recording can)
-
Damn, both of them sounded great here. It's still so awesome to me they managed to get a hit this big after the comeback
-
Just heard one of my favorite bands do a cover last night and was thinking about how we haven't had a cover yet in LP 2.0. It'll be cool to see what they do there, if ever. Mike and Emily's voice together could do a lot. They could ofc always go for the easy hit of Bring Me To Life too lol
-
I'm not saying it should be gatekept, but if you've ever had a meeting w people incentivized to monetize their product as strategically as possible, you would get that someone like Adam doesn't get to just "throw it on YouTube" They owe metrics to people who gatekeep this stuff for a living and have to get multiple people to sign off on each release. If Adam comes to them w the proposal to put it on a streaming service with high figures from the box office, the argument is way stronger. If no one sees it, interest wanes and short corporate attention spans move on to the next thing. It's not Adam's fault or really any creative working on it, it's just the state of business in 2026 imo
-
Damn that outro is one of the best things they've ever done, I'm so glad it's stayed as long as it has and that we have this recording of it!
-
I agree w this in spirit, but think about the financials. The number of people with CD players is smaller than ever, any release exclusive to LPU would be leaked immediately...so what are LPU members paying for? 90% of people are not hardcore fans and will just wait for the leak, and regardless of the spirit, the very people in this thread will have an unavoidable feeling of "well, I could've just not paid and listened to these demos quite easily" The band has proven itself with anniversary releases, and I'd argue those are actually higher-quality releases than anything from LPU. The 20th HT boxset is something I want more in my collection than 10 more standalone LPU CDs (about the same cost), and the fact that it has demos that had never come out before it is a delight. If it's about the exclusivity, unfortunately that just doesn't exist anymore. Any band member can do live chats on a whim via tiktok, they do dozens more video interviews than in the 2000s, Mike has done more twitch streams than any marketing team could manage to do in 5 years through LPU I gotta say that I also miss the LPU feeling the same way I miss something like watching cartoon network as a kid, but I recognize it just doesn't make sense anymore
-
I do think the LPU package is overpriced, but I can also see why it doesn't include a lot that the older days did. Insta/Tik Tok/Digital media is just so much more prolific than early days. A live chat in 2012 was an event that required marketing muscle to make sure ppl tuned in, now Colin can just go live on Tiktok and anyone can see. Any music or video released on CD or YouTube unlisted will be immediately leaked. Streaming makes it super easy to release anniversary/bonus tracks that generate more buzz than a fan club item. Every band member has video intereviews on dozens of channels, including every day influencer channels. Why would a marketing team put any muscle into the old LPU things when there's no clear payoff and there's so much like it coming for free now? The only thing left is physical merch.
-
The mixing of the live shows and studio recordings of this era is so nice to me right now. Everything starting with Lost has felt so full and massive, can't wait for the full Unshatter soundtrack
-
Yeah I mean I think it's awesome in the context of the concert/live energy, it would just be cooler to me to get a recording where she sings more. Like imagine being able to use the track for all the "if X was in 2007" edits
-
Footage and the fact that we’re getting all of this is awesome my nitpick tho is that I just don’t enjoy songs like this where she’s handing the chorus to the audience every time. What am I listening for? I don’t mind it in the concert context at all, but it’d be cooler to have recordings where she’s doing it all
-
yeah so cool to see them watch the old performances finally, I imagine there will be more of that in the Unshatter movie
-
It's obviously an important part of the band's vision for how a show should go; it's, the lights and gear are all there anyway, people worked to develop those visuals etc. Its not a waste and it's not just dead noise, its intriguing and interesting to most of the crowd who has never seen it go; it's
-
Cool, but I kinda wish it was a more cherry-picked soundtrack from across the tour. Surely they nailed a ton of other songs much better on other nights, not to mention songs that they weren't playing yet like the WFTE intro with WYG
-
That's cool, I was wondering when TEM would get an intro/outro. Can't wait for the next tour to see how any of these songs get changed, I bet TEM will get an extended intro like WID or ND
-
Amazing show, I'm a little surprised to see they did Overflow given the vibe they seem to have been going for the rest of the show. would've expected something heavier or just something not as slow
-
yeah that makes it seem like it's definitely video content, so either a concert film or a music video, and I'd think a concert film. the only other thing would be some kind of remix album with maybe the Unshatter remix leading it (I'd love From Zero reanimation) but it wouldn't fit the movie motif
-
Yes! Especially bc some are the debut show which have mistakes etc. Also would love to just have pro mixes of the WYG intro, the SIB intro, Faint outro, LOATR etc.
-
I still believe this, very solid analysis lol. The instrumental in the video sure is interesting tho, doesn't sound like OML. It kinda reminds me of Unshatter, so maybe reflects a "new" sound they were doing that didn't materialize
-
That sound is still in the mix, it's just buried and it has a similar texture to a guitar Yeah in the Drumeo video Colin says "about 50 songs" and he also talks about that one specific to the challenging beat we don't have a name for Then there's "Vertigo" as a title that may or may not have seen some attention later on
-
Dave confirms an alternate version of the song where basically the chorus chords are used as the big "wall of guitars" drop in the intro which I can totally see Mike saying that the bridge is the thing that makes the song worth releasing is funny bc I feel the same. The rest of the song is pretty meh, but that bridge and outro are great Someone at one point says they're working on 4 songs, so there's a 4th we don't know about it seems? Maybe the thing that is blurred on the screen in the making of UFTB
-
Colin Brittain breaks down From Zero (full play through)
YRQRM0 replied to JZLP9CharlesMarcia's topic in Newswire
It's funny that Colin said GTG came together in a few days/hours when we saw that there were files since like 2019. I wonder if he truly forgot or straight up didn't know -
Colin Brittain breaks down From Zero (full play through)
YRQRM0 replied to JZLP9CharlesMarcia's topic in Newswire
Ooh, “50 songs” and a specific mention of a hard song w a Latin beat, gold mine haha
