Jump to content

Trumtram

Contributor
  • Posts

    711
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Trumtram

  1. I think so, too. They started filming when they started touring for HT (see "Crawling" backstage footage and Frat Party). I guess the making of HT was wild enough as it is and they were happy enough to get it done and not bother anyone with filming in the studio.
  2. To be fair, pretty much all of that got developed and curated for maximum impact. The album, the tours, the movie - pretty much all of that was the plan once the band got back together.
  3. With 4 variants, obviously.
  4. Yeah, absolutely on point. I lean more towards "disrespectful", but that is just me. He had a soft goodbye during the HT20 stream thing, fair play. But still, I would expect a bare minimum like Brad did. It's not about his reasoning, that's 100% his thing, just to clarify that. It's just... we've been on this journey together. But to each their own.
  5. Yeah, last night I only listened to about half of it. Felt good (as someone who hasn't listened to a whole show by them over the last 2 years). There are incredible strong points on this release. Can't judge the omissions, since I don't know what was left off, but the second half is not as strong as the first... ...and I will never vibe with the high-pitched versions of old songs. It just sounds wrong.
  6. There has always been suspicion of LIT being heavily worked on in post-production. It sounds waaaaay to clean instrumentally. But I agree, the mix on the new release sounds really good to me, too. Even though I also need to agree with the fact that "Numb" and "In The End" are not that good for this release because of the lack of singing. Cool moments, yeah, but nothing I would love to listen to again. Edit: As for Rob, yeah, absolutely. No class at all and a shame, given their history. But I can do without him being there ever again. He doesn't care, so I don't either
  7. Sounds amazing, on headphones at least.
  8. Cool! So, well done LP!
  9. Hard to judge the performance with all the potential backing tracks being used. But Nene did great, and only 16 years old? Incredible.
  10. You know what? I absolutely agree. It's a travesty that LPL (and others) never get anything exclusive, or that it at least seems like the band cares about these sites. Instead LPL has become a glorified multiplicator for the band's marketing. What everyone built on here (with Linkinpedia, too) is fucking amazing. So much so, that even the band uses these resources for their projects. Again, beating a dead horse, but there are SO MANY WAYS in which fan sites could be involved. These guys should get way more recognition and benefits with the band for all these years of immense work put into it.
  11. Might be, but why did they release some of those live videos that are in the movie (if my memory serves me correctly) already? What happened to proper live releases? They announced the soundtrack which is the audio of the show (for the most part). Make it two versions, one with a Blu-ray and one without it, or something like this. It is such a waste how this is handled. They know the metrics. They know the merch sales and ridiculous amounts of money this swept in. There is merch for everything, but a release of the first proper show as video won't print money? I don't know. Feels like an unnecessary overcomplicated mess. ...unless of course you already know more than us again ;).
  12. It seems that the aspect "put it on YouTube" got way too much weight. What I tried to say in the sum of my posts was, that there are ways to make this show available and charge for it. I didn't imply that they should definitely put it out for free. "As if people wouldn't throw their cash at a full physical release of this show." "This is an easy (and quality!) cash-grab, a no-brainer" "Release a limited number of Blu-rays with the whole show. Or put it out digitally." ("digitally" as in you can buy the video) It's a shame that this even needs to be considered. Again, it's a full show of their grand (and mighty successful) comeback tour with the new line-up (with an awesome crowd!). The touring cycle is over, the movie comes out (which even features quite a few live videos from that show), you put a couple of videos out anyway, it's very well made and (pretty much?) ready to go... I don't know who on label/management is smoking what, but if that isn't a slam dunk release by itself then I don't know what is. Now apparently tying a potential release to the success of the movie seems like a dumb move to me. I just don't get it, given the premise and context of it all. It's easy money.
  13. Oh, not directing this towards Adam, he is just the man in the position to carry out. LP had one of the greatest comebacks ever, made 100's of millions. This is an easy (and quality!) cash-grab, a no-brainer, or so one would think. It's the first full live release (right?) with the line-up, rounding out this era for all the thousands of people that saw them live. And if anyone doubts the metrics, just do what always works: create FOMO. Release a limited number of Blu-rays with the whole show. Or put it out digitally. It's just silly... I mean, I don't want to give anyone any stupid ideas, but that would work.
  14. Please spend money first, it's reeeeeally needed. Then you might be able to spend more money afterwards. They obviously have the show filmed and pretty much ready. Just throw it on YouTube or... do nothing with it, sure. As if people wouldn't throw their cash at a full physical release of this show. When did this ever matter? Sorry, but it's getting more ridiculous by the minute.
  15. There is probably a bigger downtime in the LP worls.
  16. I feel content in not knowing who any of you are talking about.
  17. I can't speak for Lorenzo and Adam (by all accounts they are amazing with fans, no shade here), but I can't let this statement stand by itself, because I had the pleasure to meet Jessica, who was the OG Lorenzo/Adam kind of person. For my money, she deserves more than that. Right before the M&G in Hamburg (2003), when we had to get to the meeting point and wait for some time, she was so kind and supporting to us nervous and psyched teenagers. Her name was synonymous with LP at the time, because it would appear under many LP posts. I remember how I adressed her the very first time this night with: "So you are the famous Jessica. It's so nice to meet you." She was super sweet and caring to us that night, so it feels necessary to me to give her the credit she deserves, by correcting this statement.
  18. The live experience is great, no doubt. But the fact that you have to be a member for consecutive years to be able to get the pre-sale stuff is sinister. Also, there are many people around the world that don't get a chance to see the band in their general area, so they are getting excluded by default from the biggest perk of a membership. And now there is downtime until whenever, so no one can use this perk either way. The LPU used to be more than just the live stuff. They need to do more exclusive stuff that all members can enjoy without having to pay for stupid shit.
  19. Ah, thanks for clearing this up. But all the buzz about the countdown (or rather countup :D) was gone, because word about all of this got out rather soonish after it started to go up. Either way, the interest levels were not comparable at all once the countdown started to count up for about a day or so.
  20. The countdown itself was great. Even the counting up thing was fine as a small Trollnoda thing. But they should've stopped it at the album release date (05:09), because it was close enough to the finish of the original countdown. Instead, it went up without any new information (after generating ENORMOUS buzz during its countdown) and the whole thing fizzled out. And wasn't it even discarded at some point because no one cared anymore or more info about the comeback came out from publications anyway? I can't recall it going back up to 100. Whatever, the whole thing became deflating and should've been handled differently. First half amazing, second half total blunder.
  21. That is true, but it's still an item worth having because of its content. I haven't listened to any CD on my boxsets, but it's still something I would buy to have these songs in my collection. Also: They are selling TAPES... TAPES! Who has a tape player nowadays? That is the stupidiest trend anyways... The whole point is that the band (as far as I can tell) COULD easily do exclusive stuff at a very low cost, but they just don't. Like you said, it would be easy to do a live chat, but it's not happening. Mike streamed during COVID, he could do that again for the LPU, but he doesn't. He could point a camera at his screen and talk about how a FZ song came together, but nope. And you know what? Pretty much any band member could be like: "I take a couple thousand out of my bank account that contains millions after millions and help produce a nice CD for LPU members to have". Not that I would ever ask for that, but when you got fuck all money, even that would be possible.
  22. It's cool that they are finally getting called out for this.
  23. I couldn't believe my eyes, either. You know it's BAD, when stranger is forming critique.
×
×
  • Create New...