LPLive X: Milestones

hahninator

Welcome again to LPLive X!

As many of you have heard, LPLive turns 10 years old this week. It’s hard to believe that the time has gone by so quickly. Since we started this website, Linkin Park has released four studio albums and has toured countless countries and cities across the globe. Through this past decade, we’ve enjoyed every second of bringing you full coverage of the live shows and Linkin Park news.

38.jpg

Following our staff interview, we really wanted to tell a story of LPLive over time and mention some of our highlights. Today’s exclusive is LPLive: Milestones, a look back 10 years later at our website’s origin and story over time. Written by our staff, we covered the most important moments in the site's history and discuss at length some of the highlights for us.

You can read LPLive: Milestones here.

We hope you enjoy our September 16th post, exactly 10 years after the launch date of LPLive, for LPLive X. We have several days left and look forward to bringing you more media and exclusives soon! You can find a recap of LPLive X's full celebration here.

To tell the truth - I loved the 2.0 version with all its problems.

I was kinda guru at editing that Web pages. That was probably the period, when I did the most for the site.

With 4.0 I was very confused with the procedure of editing the pages, as for me at that time it was a lot harder. All of that databases made me dizzy, lol.

Oh, and by the way, the picture in my signature is actually one of those rotating banners from the older version of the site.

To tell the truth - I loved the 2.0 version with all its problems.

I was kinda guru at editing that Web pages. That was probably the period, when I did the most for the site.

With 4.0 I was very confused with the procedure of editing the pages, as for me at that time it was a lot harder. All of that databases made me dizzy, lol.

It was a lot simpler back then but using database was a step that we had to take. It was a ton of work to copy every show manually into 4.0, which lead to a lots of errors in the process too. With a database we don't have to do that again, with even more shows now. Makes it all a lot easier to do a new version at some point when the data can be just transferred.

2.0 and 4.0 had quite a lot code inconsistencies because of the system. I agree 4.0 was complicated but I think 5.0 is now what it should have been back then.