The heaviest song

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would honestly say VICTIMIZED/QWERTY (live) as it combines arguably one of the heaviest LP studio songs with one of the heaviest LP Live songs.

yeah id have to agree.

i mean there are a few demos/songs that had/have potential to be heavy (or heavier):

A.06 could be killer i reckon.

Announcement Service Public

Blackout would be heavy(-ier) if it wasnt such an electronic song.

APFMH- just cos

By Myself/OSC

Faint/F.O9

Top 5 IMO are probably these in no particular order

1. Wish (NIN Cover)

2. VICTIMIZED/Qwerty

3. No More Sorrow

4. Qwerty (LPU6)

5. Don't Stay

Screaming doesn't always mean 'heavy'. I put Don't Stay on here because it has a killer riff and it's heavy as fuck, and it pumps me up like no other LP song. I would kill to see LP open with it. No More Sorrow is very heavy instrumentally and it does have aggressive vocals, too. I didn't put Given Up on here because even though it has more screaming than most of these, No More Sorrow is still heavier IMO. The others are just obvious.

Edited by Geki

Heaviest riff, though, I'd give to A.06 actually.

A.06

A.06 is heavy but it's too short (for me) to consider it as "song". A-Six is a better option. Edited by Skipees

If I were to pick one from each album, I would go:

HT: A Place For My Head (Just gets me pumped up more than any other song on the album)

M: Foreword/Don't Stay (See above)

MTM: No More Sorrow (Heavy drums, guitar, and vocals all in one, better than Given Up)

ATS: Blackout (The only song on the album where Chester gets aggressive)

LT: VICTIMIZED (Do I really need to explain this?)

In all fairness, though, are any songs by Linkin Park actually heavy? I mean, yes, they do have some songs with screaming, but the scream sections are short and are then followed up by some soft singing or rapping. The instrumentation isn't too heavy either, I think the heaviest instrumentation we have seen is in No More Sorrow and that would still fall into hard rock category to me. I don't think LP will ever make a 'heavy' song, sadly.

In all fairness, though, are any songs by Linkin Park actually heavy? I mean, yes, they do have some songs with screaming, but the scream sections are short and are then followed up by some soft singing or rapping. The instrumentation isn't too heavy either, I think the heaviest instrumentation we have seen is in No More Sorrow and that would still fall into hard rock category to me. I don't think LP will ever make a 'heavy' song, sadly.

Since when does "heavy" only apply to what you're basically describing as death metal?

Since when does "heavy" only apply to what you're basically describing as death metal?

I know tons of bands that aren't death metal that are heavier than Linkin Park. Wtf. Even a band like Hawthorne Heights is heavier than Linkin Park. Linkin Park is basically tech/pop, that's what Chester has described their music like and I kind of agree in a way.

I know tons of bands that aren't death metal that are heavier than Linkin Park. Wtf. Even a band like Hawthorne Heights is heavier than Linkin Park. Linkin Park is basically tech/pop, that's what Chester has described their music like and I kind of agree in a way.

I think we are talking more about of their catalog of songs, which is the heaviest. We all know LP isn't a particularly heavy band, but they have made some heavier songs, like No More Sorrow, QWERTY and VICTIMIZED.

I think we are talking more about of their catalog of songs, which is the heaviest. We all know LP isn't a particularly heavy band, but they have made some heavier songs, like No More Sorrow, QWERTY and VICTIMIZED.

There is no arguing that No More Sorrow, Qwerty and Victimized are all heavy songs. But they're only heavy for LP. In general, they aren't heavy songs when compared to non-LP related music. I think you hit the nail on the head with this post, though. Those are probably LP's heaviest songs. I don't even think there are 5.

There is no arguing that No More Sorrow, Qwerty and Victimized are all heavy songs. But they're only heavy for LP. In general, they aren't heavy songs when compared to non-LP related music. I think you hit the nail on the head with this post, though. Those are probably LP's heaviest songs. I don't even think there are 5.

I do find it ironic though, that people claim that Hybrid Theory and Meteora were the best because they are "so heavy", when most fans agree that LP's heaviest songs came after those albums.

no one said there is more than X or at least X. the post title is "The heaviest song", even if In Between was the heaviest, so In Between is the heaviest, and it's doesn't matter how it's heavy compare to another bands.

no one said there is more than X or at least X. the post title is "The heaviest song", even if In Between was the heaviest, so In Between is the heaviest, and it's doesn't matter how it's heavy compare to another bands.

U mad bro?

U mad bro?

no, not at all :), just the thing is to choose from what exist.

take the tallest guy from the oompa loompa, compare to you, he's not tall at all. but he's still the tallest from the oompa loompa.

*my weird example ever*

Edited by Skipees

no, not at all :) , just the thing is to choose from what exist.

take the tallest guy from the oompa loompa, compare to you, he's not tall at all. but he's still the tallest from the oompa loompa.

*my weird example ever*

You got a point there. I think the general consensus of this thread is that VICTIMIZED/Qwerty is probably the heaviest song from LP to date. Now the real question is, what performance is the heaviest? I think maybe Mansfield 2012, Chester's vocals were a lot more screamy that night than other performances. What do you guys think?

Now the real question is, what performance is the heaviest? I think maybe Mansfield 2012, Chester's vocals were a lot more screamy that night than other performances. What do you guys think?

from 2003 (?) they are all balanced somehow. ⅓ heavy, ⅓ soft, ⅓ "regular".