The heaviest song

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

choose any regular show from 2003+ and check the setlist. why are you so surprised? lol

I said the heaviest VICTIMIZED/Qwerty performance so far. Not sure what you mean by 2003.

I started this topic because I wanted to know what songs you listen to when you feel like listening to a heavy LP song. It is pretty obvious to think that they don't make a lot of heavy songs and I agree with that. There are plenty of other bands who are heavier. My point was seeing if there are other heavy songs by the band I'm overlooking.

I notice we are usually talking about Chester and Brad when we mention heavy songs, with the occasional Rob. We seem to be overlooking Mike on the rapping front, who has had some fairly aggressive rapping parts, especially during the Xero and Hybrid Theory (band) days. While it may not exactly qualify as a heavy song, his parts during a lot of the songs released in that era were fairly aggressive.

We seem to be overlooking Mike on the rapping front, who has had some fairly aggressive rapping parts, especially during the Xero and Hybrid Theory (band) days. While it may not exactly qualify as a heavy song, his parts during a lot of the songs released in that era were fairly aggressive.

I Have Not Begun is the heaviest of them, it's different from every rap song the Mike ever did, and the beat is super heavy.

I Have Not Begun is the heaviest of them, it's different from every rap song the Mike ever did, and the beat is super heavy.

Judging by that logic, then a fuckload of songs on ATS and LT are heavy. WTCFM, Blackout, Wretches, The Catalyst, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks, Lost In The Echo, Lies Greed Misery.

Judging by that logic, then a fuckload of songs on ATS and LT are heavy. WTCFM, Blackout, Wretches, The Catalyst, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks, Lost In The Echo, Lies Greed Misery.

i agree with most of them. like you said before:

Screaming doesn't always mean 'heavy'.

I feel like each band member has their own form of heavy, and most of them have at least one song where that shows.

Chester - VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

Mike - A Place For My Head/Wretches and Kings

Brad - A-Six/QWERTY

Phoenix - ??? (He's not very prominent in any song)

Rob - No More Sorrow

Joe - Blackout

I have not begun heavy? LOL

mike's heaviest rap is W&K, he is a fucking boss in that song.

just think you listen to the acapellas, that's will be enough.

I Have Not Begun sounds like 1995 track. the heaviest rap track from Mike, more than W&K, and more than RME.

I feel like each band member has their own form of heavy, and most of them have at least one song where that shows.

interesting point of view.

I think it's clearly Victimized/QWERTY although I'm baffled at people claiming there's "soft" parts in either song on their own. Mike's speech is simply an epic intro for the song. The weight of the message he brings is anything but soft.

If Blackout had nu-metal guitars (not saying it should) it would easily be the heaviest song in Linkin Park's career IMO. The fact that a piano/synth based song can even be compared to the likes of Victimized/QWERTY on sheer vocals alone speaks volumes. I'll still consider Blackout heavier than most of Hybrid Theory/Meteora for that fact alone.

Underrated honourable mentions would also go to So Far Away, And One, and Reading My Eyes. Those instrumentals are HUGE.

Heaviest song from each album...

Hybrid Theory: One Step Closer

Meteora: Don't Stay

Minutes To Midnight: No More Sorrow

A Thousand Suns: Blackout (Beat is heavy as fuck, plus screamo screaming)

Living Things: Victimized

Honorable mentions: Qwerty and Victimized/Qwerty (Live)

Heaviest song from each album...

Hybrid Theory: A Place For My Head

Meteora: Faint

Minutes To Midnight: Given Up/No More Sorrow

A Thousand Suns: Blackout

Living Things: Victimized

LPU: Qwerty

Contrast is the key to true heaviness, my friend. Having soft bits makes the heavy bits sound ALL THE MORE HEAVY.

totally agree with you, imo, all the songs in HT are softer in the verses compared to the chorus (except POA).

this is why i said maybe.

The bridge in Blackout is heavy as hell, not just the screamed vocals.

I don't actually think Victimized is that heavy per se. It's probably LP's most aggressive track, but for me it's not got that thickness to be really heavy.

my car stereo disagrees with you! haha. I dont drive with the windows closed very often (begin meme) but when I did, passing pedestrians could clearly hear the track, and then see tiny little me sitting calmly at the wheel.

it's the drums that make victimised into the monster it is