LP in Finland in July '09?

diff

Today a Finnish evening paper has announced a rumor: LP will come to Finland to perform at a one-day festival with 11 other bands, Metallica being the headliner. The festival will take place in the city of Pori at the end of July. The rumor will be confirmed within next few weeks, says Kalle Keskinen, the promoter. The festival has been discussed for months but nothing's certain yet.

Here is a link to the paper's website (it's in Finnish).

What do you think, will they be ready to tour by July?

Edited by Hahninator

well Phi did say if they DID any form of touring theyd go to Euro festivals. we have to wait and see.

Yes, Phoenix did mention European festivals in that recent video interview. I think they will make up the 2 canceled 2008 dates, then do some sort of festival run / Projekt Revolution 2009 run in Europe. I don't think the band would mention it this early if they weren't planning on it.

It's not too early if you ask me - look at Summer Sonic. They also said that they are planning to finish this album much quicker than Minutes To Midnight, so everything falls right into place in my opinion. I hope this is true!

Yes, Phoenix did mention European festivals in that recent video interview. I think they will make up the 2 canceled 2008 dates, then do some sort of festival run / Projekt Revolution 2009 run in Europe. I don't think the band would mention it this early if they weren't planning on it.

It's not too early if you ask me - look at Summer Sonic. They also said that they are planning to finish this album much quicker than Minutes To Midnight, so everything falls right into place in my opinion. I hope this is true!

yeah this is what phi said http://www.smnnews.com/2008/11/07/linkin-p...sist-interview/

Touring: tell me more - US/UK, what’s the plans? More festival type gigs, smaller venues, what’s what?

Right now, we finished in the September. The touring cycle ended for Minutes to Midnight, and there’s literally not one show on the calendar. We are purely back in the studio and are going to write and focus on the new record. Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised, next summer we’ll do some shows and if we were to do that, it would be Europe

Well, In july they will be finished with the album, probably!

But i doubt that they can set some gig already..

well.. lets wait and i hope to be true too :)

The German summer PR08 shows were arranged in January 2008. They had a basic tour schedule with venues, dates and bands in February 2008 for June 2008.

Sounds like since it's almost February 2009, they'd have a good idea of what shows they'll be playing in the summer in Europe.

Sounds like since it's almost February 2009, they'd have a good idea of what shows they'll be playing in the summer in Europe.

There was an article like this in an Italian newspaper, it was about Heineken Jammin' Festival (07 and 08)

We only have to wait the official confim by LP

I hope too that they will play in europe this summer, i don't care if they will play in italy or not, if there will be an european tour, Germany is a SURE country to go to. (and not so far from me lol)

When you have a tour/show promoter commenting on "rumors," it usually means that they haven't booked any bands yet and that they're just trying to get the bands they mentioned to play at their show(s). I really wouldn't be surprised if this wound up not happening.

i dont know, for me it's impossible because they are working on new album... but, i remember in 2006, when they were woring on MTM and they went in Japan for some shows... so... we must wait the official confirm.