Protests Over Warner vs YouTube

hahninator

Jen sent me a link I thought was pretty cool and since some of you are having videos being removed left and right, I thought I'd share and see what you guys thought about this. Perhaps you've noticed users making their own "Fuck Warner" videos, etc. Check out this article.

From fans singing their own versions of their favorite songs on piano to Astat playing guitar to live videos (yes - some of the Linkin Park @ Rock am Ring 2004 videos have been removed), people are starting to get pretty pissed. The last video is my favorite - he even shows you that Metallica is upset and has posted messages on their YouTube account saying they're being affected. A video I took of Numb / Pushing Me Away (Piano Version) at the LP Atlanta 2007 show has even been removed.

It's a Tuesday in the middle of January and there's nothing going on in the LP world, so I'm opening the can of worms with this. You guys upset? Let me know what you think, I'm interested. Ready for LP to release 3 more records and get off Warner?

Also, I fixed the issue of the homepage loading so slowly. We'll have to stick with only a few banners on the homepage for now, but the rest of the pages have them all.

Then of course we have this idiot:

http://www.youtube.com/wmg

He's pretending he's Warner Music Group and filing copyright claims against lots and lots of youtube channels, Astat's included.

Look at some of the comments that have been left on his channel, its worth a laugh or two.

Oh, and speaking of Metallica, http://www.youtube.com/user/metallicatv?blend=1

Maybe LP needs to take all their videos and host them on LP.com....

youtube already deleted 2 accounts from me, the first one was two videos of lp in mtv specials, the second account was with some videos of a local mtv show named "hermes e renato"

now my 3rd account they sent me notifications about one lp video which i uploaded, "shadow of the day", i had more videos with lp songs, so i removed before they sent other notification or even delete this

I was actually about to upload mine FUCK WARNER video to YouTube yeasterday, but when the upload was finnished the convertion couldn't be finished and I did not want to upload it again cause it took about 1 hour to upload it

FUCK WARNER! i am sick of them, they have absolutely NO FUCKING RIGHT to remove astats videos, they are entirely of his own creation, and he does not try to claim the songs as his own. and im fair sure that no body from LP really gives a shit either.

It's LPs decision, but they should switch to a more indie label that doesn't protect it's musicians music like it's the president. They had disagreements in the past, and this is just rediculous.

they cant switch yet, they signed a contract which says that they have to make 6 albums before they can change

Can everyone check out my youtube page to see if the notice pops up in the vids i've already uploaded to it? Cause i don't know if my eyes are deseving me or not but to me they are still up & running :) (If yah get what i mean lol)

http://uk.youtube.com/user/KevLP4Eva316

The few I checked are still working, they haven't all been removed in one fell swoop, its little bits here and there.

I say, LP releases 2 instrumental albums and the 4th album, and then they leave. WB is the most greedy label in the universe. I hope they crawl in a pit and die. I say LP join an indie record label or form the own record label OR SOMETHING!!!! Just leave WB.

The few I checked are still working, they haven't all been removed in one fell swoop, its little bits here and there.

Was that from the vids of PR07 & RnR04? Cause they are all there (From what i see) bt i know that some the vids from my favourites are taken off. Thanks for the heads up tho :)

Edited by LPKode2

Was that from the vids of PR07 & RnR04? Cause they are all there (From what i see) bt i know that some the vids from my favourites are taken off. Thanks for the heads up tho :)

I didn't get to those, but I know that all the videos I had from rock am ring 04 in my favorites are gone, even though I don't think they have taken down all of them yet. It just depends on the channel you found them on, I guess.

I didn't get to those, but I know that all the videos I had from rock am ring 04 in my favorites are gone, even though I don't think they have taken down all of them yet. It just depends on the channel you found them on, I guess.

Ohhh ok, thanks again

LP put out a new album , new live dvd , greatest hits album

then bye warner , its an easy way out

its not hard but it also isnt easy , i think the whole live dvd will be hard thats it.

Edited by lilIverson09

LP put out a new album , new live dvd , greatest hits album

then bye warner , its an easy way out

its not hard but it also isnt easy , i think the whole live dvd will be hard thats it.

i completely agree, but maybe instead of a live album, we can get some reanimation 2.0, but if they did do a live album just to get off warner that would be awesome too

I agree with a greatest hits album...but i was thinking along the lines of releasing a double album & a dvd similar to frat party or something. With the double...release the 1st disc then 6months or so later release the 2nd disc

Edited by LPKode2

not only warner is taking the videos off, sony is doing the same, they deleted 2 accounts with more than 2000 videos together because 1 video each one :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

only label which videos stay on is universal, so universal must be paying youtube to keep their videos online

emi is also deleting videos, they deleted one friend account because he uploaded a lilly allen video

so the problem isnt warner or sony or whatever , is in the youtube which cant make deals to keep the videos

they have money enough to pay this labels, plus mtv and other channels, google ruinned with this site, this was good in 2006, not now, this one step closer to the end, neither happy birthday videos will be on anymore