New Fort Minor Album

Bliss

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself don't see it happening. Fort Minor hasn't been on the minds of the mainstream audience since 2006 and the landscape has changed significantly since then. I don't even think radio plays those songs anymore either. Not to mention the project was created at a time when Mike couldn't express more of his Hip-Hop roots in LP. Now that that has changed, the existence of FM is pretty much pointless.

I myself don't see it happening. Fort Minor hasn't been on the minds of the mainstream audience since 2006 and the landscape has changed significantly since then. I don't even think radio plays those songs anymore either. Not to mention the project was created at a time when Mike couldn't express more of his Hip-Hop roots in LP. Now that that has changed, the existence of FM is pretty much pointless.

I see your point, and technically the same could be said for DBS. I think Mike literally said that once, that since LP decided they will do whatever they want, he doesn't need a release like before. Either Mike said it about FM or Chester about DBS I don't remember... but still I see what they mean. At the same time though, there's still a certain line that they won't cross. We'll never see a hip-hop song featuring John Legend on an LP album..or some of the types of beats Mike makes. He made "The Instrumental" for Lupe. Nothing like that has been on an LP record.

I think Mike has potential to make another great hip-hop album free of rock influence, and I'm just curious to see how that sounds. There's always the possibility that Mike just doesn't want to though...which is something we would all have to respect.

I see your point, and technically the same could be said for DBS. I think Mike literally said that once, that since LP decided they will do whatever they want, he doesn't need a release like before. Either Mike said it about FM or Chester about DBS I don't remember... but still I see what they mean. At the same time though, there's still a certain line that they won't cross. We'll never see a hip-hop song featuring John Legend on an LP album..or some of the types of beats Mike makes. He made "The Instrumental" for Lupe. Nothing like that has been on an LP record.

this line is bigger, it's not only hip-hop song featuring John Legend on LP album. it's bassically any hip-hop artist (or even any artist), any hip-hop beat like in the earlier days. they will do whatever they want - but still as LP. no one can pull the rope to his side, which is good most of the time, but it's limits the range of the options.

so.. the best option is to release solo album. i would like to hear Mike make an album that sounds like The Rising Tied and Reanimation combination.

this line is bigger, it's not only hip-hop song featuring John Legend on LP album. it's bassically any hip-hop artist (or even any artist), any hip-hop beat like in the earlier days. they will do whatever they want - but still as LP. no one can pull the rope to his side, which is good most of the time, but it's limits the range of the options.

so.. the best option is to release solo album. i would like to hear Mike make an album that sounds like The Rising Tied and Reanimation combination.

I agree. My point was I don't see LP releasing a real hip-hop song, but Mike is good at hip-hop! Reanimation is probably one of my favorite LP albums so I would love to hear that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really don’t feel as much of a drive to create things outside of the band because what we do inside the band is already very diverse. That’s not to say that there couldn’t be more Fort Minor stuff. I think that eventually, at some point it might be fun to bring some more of that stuff together. Just for fans that really appreciated the first album.”

Source.

Mike said today in the FB chat that he doesn't have any plans for a new FM album, but he is open to it. He has been saying exactly that since around 2007. I think Ryu was just hyping people in the Skin To Bone remix.

• 3 months later...

Seeing as how Mike just said back in November that he didn't have any plans for a new FM album, I highly doubt that ''FM will be back in 2015.'' Would be cool to see a new FM album and new DBS album, but I don't think we will ever see sequels, honestly, because both Mike and Chester have stated in the past that back in 2005 they didn't think LP could make those kinds of music so they did their own solo albums, but now LP can do whatever they want, so there is no use.

• 5 months later...

I'm gonna leave this here just for the lulz:

The beat actually contains numerous old samples from his previous work. Some had track name in their title, some didn't. Here's the ones with track names.

FM Bang RTN (Remember the Name)

FM Kick...Somebody (Be somebody)

FM hat 2 RTN

FM Hat Red to Black

FM Hat RTN

FM Crash WYG (Where'd you go)

• 3 weeks later...

I think a new Fort Minor album would be dope. It's getting close to nine years since the last project. Mike has grown as a musician, a singer, and definitely has new connections to collab with. It would be nice to see him do it one more time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...