I'll Be Gone Videoclip

andrey.lucas

Yeah, I'll Be Gone was added to rotation on KROQ back in December, but there's never really been any indication of it becoming a single since then...although you could arguably interpret Chester mentioning playing it live in the LPU chat as an indication of that.

I have my doubts about any more music videos from LT. Seems like once the AUS tour is over the boys will be focused on the score/soundtrack for The Mall. and once that's done they'll move forward onto the next album or project.

Thats just my opinion anyway.

PS, Im still waiting for a legit powerless video :P I wanted something a little more the MFR and Lincoln vids. Disappointed to say the least seeing it was my favorite song off the album.

PS, Im still waiting for a legit powerless video :P I wanted something a little more the MFR and Lincoln vids. Disappointed to say the least seeing it was my favorite song off the album.

me too, but i guess it's not gonna happen. except BID, it's look like all the singles from this album released in are universe, and the music videos released in parallel universe.

Edited by Skipees

IBG better not become a single. They'd be making the same mistakes they made with their choices for singles off of MTM.

MTM sold a ton of copies and had some huge singles!! What are you talking about? Listen to Mike's speech before LOATR in Mansfield 2008 and you'll see what I mean. The singles should have been like this...

Lost In The Echo (First single because it sounds like old LP and would have got EVERYONE pumped)

In My Remains (Second single because it's a huge sounding mainstream ''rock'' track)

I'll Be Gone (Third single because it's a huge sounding mainstream ''rock'' track)

Lies Greed Misery (Fourth single, similar to Bleed It Out and has old LP style. Plus screaming)

Powerless (Last single because it's a good rock track and people can connect with the lyrics)

If they did that, people would have bought it more. It's not about what song is the ''best'' or whatever, it's about making a hit single for the radio. That's how sales work on the radio.

Edited by Geki

Lost In The Echo (First single because it sounds like old LP and would have got EVERYONE pumped)

In My Remains (Second single because it's a huge sounding mainstream ''rock'' track)

I'll Be Gone (Third single because it's a huge sounding mainstream ''rock'' track)

Lies Greed Misery (Fourth single, similar to Bleed It Out and has old LP style. Plus screaming)

Powerless (Last single because it's a good rock track and people can connect with the lyrics)

Releasing IMR and IBG as consecutive singles would have been silly, they're waaaay too similar.

Releasing IMR and IBG as consecutive singles would have been silly, they're waaaay too similar.

Yes but look at award shows and pop radio. They eat shit like that up. Like I said, this is not what I personally think they should have done. This is just what the mainstream would have ate up.

Yes but look at award shows and pop radio. They eat shit like that up. Like I said, this is not what I personally think they should have done. This is just what the mainstream would have ate up.

there is a whole industry except the mainstream. mainstream can't be mainstream without other streams. i don't think they need to adjust themselves to award shows and pop radio in any price.

LOATR went gold?? Then why has everyone said it never did well?

Comparatively speaking, it didn't, because the other MTM singles wrecked everyone's shit and LOATR sort of fizzled out at gold instead.

But that's still 500,000 copies of one song. Objectively, that's a successful single.

There's no point in releasing more singles from LT, unless it's solely international for radio. LP's not touring America again on this album cycle, LT's sales have pretty much stopped, way short of past sales records, and there's no way to revive the album. This cycle should essentially be over.

There's no point in releasing more singles from LT, unless it's solely international for radio. LP's not touring America again on this album cycle, LT's sales have pretty much stopped, way short of past sales records, and there's no way to revive the album. This cycle should essentially be over.

The band effectively wrecked their cycle here. A full blown Euro tour with festivals, headlining shows, etc and like 5 new songs (aka the HCT sets) in Europe in May/June would be been perfect. Follow it with the HCT with additional shows in Florida and other places it didn't reach with 3 different setlists, do Mexico/South America, Australia (headlining shows) and another return to Europe and you'd have a good cycle.

And release the singles like this:

LOST IN THE ECHO, IN MY REMAINS, CASTLE OF GLASS, BURN IT DOWN

Yeah, LITE got completely screwed over by lack of promotion and a ridiculously long span of time between single releases. It would've BLOWN UP as a lead single, probably more so than BID.

This 100%. People would have went nuts if the band chose LITE as the first single back March of 2012. I think the lack of touring is a big reason that LT didn't do as well as past albums. Meteora, Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns all had some pretty decent tours and good promotion. Especially Meteora and Minutes To Midnight tours because they hit a lot of continents multiple times on touring cycles for those. Plus when you have a huge US tour like PR with a ton of talented bands, it just increases the sales even more.