The Unreleased Songs Thread

Skipees

What is the point of this thread exactly? To make a list of songs by LP that we have heard of that are rare and unreleased? There are so many demos from EACH album cycle that we will never know about. Plus countless remixes we will never know about. Early versions of LP songs we will never know about. Collaborations that will never happen, etc... It's nearly impossible for us to make a list unless Mike released every LP demo in the vault for us from each album cycle..

try to summarize what we do know.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't life all about the nice things we can't have haha? Of course such a list can never be complete. Just like all our tour dates in the live guide will never be complete and all the other lists through out the forums.

But I think it's always nice to see what we know about what exists and is just unreleased. We also knew about the extra Minutes to Midnight songs there were finished but didnt make the album but we got them eventually. You never know. The chances that we ever get most of the stuff mentioned here are very low of course.

Isn't life all about the nice things we can't have haha? Of course such a list can never be complete. Just like all our tour dates in the live guide will never be complete and all the other lists through out the forums.

But I think it's always nice to see what we know about what exists and is just unreleased. We also knew about the extra Minutes to Midnight songs there were finished but didnt make the album but we got them eventually. You never know. The chances that we ever get most of the stuff mentioned here are very low of course.

I understand... So what demos do we have from each cycle?? Can someone make that list? I know these...

Known Minutes To Midnight Demo List

Arpeggio Intro

Arpeggio Idea

Brad Idea

Brad Interlude

Armada

WAKE Album Intro Idea *Early version of Wake*

Japan *Working title for Acoss the Line*

Grecian

Fire in the City *Parts of this song were reworked into 21 Stitches/Given Up*

Amnesick

Bunker

Chunky Munky

Clever Name

Electric Uvula

Resident Turdface

Hemophiliac

Guitarz

Episodes

Howitzer

Metal Detector

Midnight M

Permanent

Get What I Deserve

Unfair, Unjust, Unmerciful

The Vanishing

The New Song

Stump Thump

Thump Thump

The Date

Stun

Sterile Poon

Yo (Unsolved Mysteries) *Clip released as "Brad's Yo" ringtone on Monster Energy website, full song released as "Yo" on LPU 11*

BFDFTFG

Warhol

The Wrath

State of Emergency

Sansei

Nashville

Clarity

Charade

Candy (Short)

Canaries

Song A

Song B

Song C (You Don't Know)

Song D

Song E (Jar Jar Binks)

Song F

Song G

Song H

Song I

Song J

Song K

Song L

Song M

Song N

Song O

Song P

Song Q *Working title for Hands Held High*

Song R

Song S

Song T

Song U

Song V

Song W

Song X

Song Y

Song Z

Fear *Working title for Leave Out All the Rest*

Drum Song *Working title for The Little Things Give You Away*

21 Stitches *Working title for Given Up*

Accident *Working title for Bleed it Out*

Shadow of the Day

Bang Three *Working title for What I've Done*

EBow Idea *Working title for No More Sorrow*

Pictures *Working title for In Pieces*

Patients *Working title for No Roads Left*

QWERTY

Announcement Service Public

Pale

When My Time Comes *Alternate title for Leave Out All the Rest*

No Roads Left But One *Alternate title for No Roads Left*

Pretend To Be (Completed in 2008)

Not Alone (Completed in 2009/2010)

Blackbirds (Completed in 2009)

Divided (2005 Demo)

Homecoming

Asbestos

Debris

Living Things Demos

LIVING THINGS

Holding Company

One Forty

Buried At Sea

Piledriver

I'll Be Gone (Demo)/Primo?

Castle Of Glass (Demo)

Battle Axe

Roads Untraveled (Demo)

Skin To Bone (Demo)

Apaches

Tinfoil

Animals

Cloverleaf

MSDFCB

Laser Shorts

Surrant?

12-2-09

11-24-10

Exactly!!

and geki it's "the lost SONGS" not DEMOS. i added here & there a few demos but I focus on the special songs and on those that shelved.

Edited by Skipees

Ok.. What about the original Dead By Sunrise tracklisting board? The tracks were...

1. "Morning After"

2."Let Down"

3. "My Suffering"

4. "Darkness" - Obviously became In The Darkness

5. "N2U" - Obviously became Into You

6. "Wall of Sound"

7. "Instrumental"

8. "Fire"

9. "Hold Life"

10. "20¥2" - Obviously was either 20 Eyes (Cover) or End Of The World. I think that cuz of 2012.

11. "Give Me Your Time" - Obviously became Give Me Your Name

12. "Introutro"

13. "Walking in Circles"

14. "Morning After" (Possibly the Julien-K Remix)

So Instrumental, Hold Life, Wall of Sound and Introutro are all DBS demos we have never heard.

Edited by Geki

Ok.. What about the original Dead By Sunrise tracklisting board? The tracks were...

1. "Morning After"

2."Let Down"

3. "My Suffering"

6. "Wall of Sound"

7. "Instrumental"

8. "Fire"

9. "Hold Life"

10. "20¥2" - Obviously was either 20 Eyes (Cover) or End Of The World. I think that cuz of 2012.

12. "Introutro"

13. "Walking in Circles"

So Instrumental, Hold Life, Wall of Sound and Introutro are all DBS demos we have never heard.

you got a good point here.

maybe only one of them is a demo? 4 Vs. 3:

Instrumental, Hold Life, Wall of Sound & Introutro Vs. Crawl Back In, Inside Of Me & Condemned.

although there is no connection between the names.

Edited by Skipees

you got a good point here.

maybe only one of them is a demo? 4 Vs. 3:

Instrumental, Hold Life, Wall of Sound & Introutro Vs. Crawl Back In, Inside Of Me & Condemned.

although there is no connection between the names.

I just asked Ryan on his Facebook about those demos... Sometimes he replies to me. But now, Chester wrote Inside Of Me, Condemned and new version of Fire in 2008 for Out Of Ashes because Howard wanted ''huge rock songs''. They weren't part of the original DBS album, because the board that contained this list was in 2005/2006. Crawl Back In was probably an old demo.. I don't know for sure.

I just asked Ryan on his Facebook about those demos... Sometimes he replies to me. But now, Chester wrote Inside Of Me, Condemned and new version of Fire in 2008 for Out Of Ashes because Howard wanted ''huge rock songs''. They weren't part of the original DBS album, because the board that contained this list was in 2005/2006. Crawl Back In was probably an old demo.. I don't know for sure.

so if I understand you correctly, there are at least three demos?

Edited by Skipees

20 Eyes has to be one of those 2 or not?

Well it's just a cover... Chester originally said when OOA was released that we would be getting it as a bonus track on the Japan release. We never did. But I think Elias would have said 20 Eyes if it was, since he is familiar with it because they played it at every DBS show. I was thinking Too Late maybe was Wall Of Sound.

- There was a Xero version of Esaul.

- Kings Of Leon song remixed by Linkin Park:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2239

Lady Tigra - Bass On The Bottom (Mr. Hahn And Troublemaker Remix) (Radio Edit) Exist? Probably Not Edited Because The Full Remix Is 2:21.

The full version is 2:50. I think the 2:21 one is the radio edit.

Music Video: (Link Will Be Great)

Fort Minor - Believe Me (Director's Cut) Without Some Effects

This video was released. I used to have it. It was made avaliable at the director's website (I found the download link but it doesn't work anymore).

Fort Minor - There They Go (Clean - Green Mix) (From We Major EP Vinyl) Probably Only Acapella Muted.

Fort Minor - Nobody's Listening (Clean - Green Mix) (From We Major EP Vinyl) Probably Only Acapella Muted.

I don't think they should be in this list. They were released.

1. Source?

2. Added, thank you.

3. about the fort minor songs i want to fount out how the versions heard and them length.

Mark is credited for the song.

According to a post made in the "Did You Know" Facts thread, during a LPU chat, Chester said Esaul was the first demo the band sent him.

I also remember of Mike mentioning somewhere there was a Xero version of Esaul. (maybe some interview)

LPU 11 booklet:

"09. Esaul (A Place For My Head Demo)

This was one of the first demos the band had ever written. When Chester joined the band, we finally put together enough money to do a proper recording of it (this one) in a "professional studio." These were the original lyrics and performance."

Mark is credited for the song.

According to a post made in the "Did You Know" Facts thread, during a LPU chat, Chester said Esaul was the first demo the band sent him.

I also remember of Mike mentioning somewhere there was a Xero version of Esaul. (maybe some interview)

LPU 11 booklet:

"09. Esaul (A Place For My Head Demo)

This was one of the first demos the band had ever written. When Chester joined the band, we finally put together enough money to do a proper recording of it (this one) in a "professional studio." These were the original lyrics and performance."

added.

i guess we have a lot of "lost" from the pre-linkin era.

edit:

Lady Tigra - Bass On The Bottom (Mr. Hahn and Troublemaker Remix) (Radio Edit) it's the video clip version without the talking part. probably. lol. anyway - deleted.

Edited by Skipees

Electric Uvula (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Hemophiliac (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Chunky Munky (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Resident Turdface (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Clever Name (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Source: Brad on the making of MTM DVD.

Electric Uvula (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Hemophiliac (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Chunky Munky (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Resident Turdface (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Clever Name (Minutes To Midnight Demo)

Source: Brad on the making of MTM DVD.

again, they are demos.

but i found your worst nightmare quote, listen to joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...g75507sQ#t=616s

Edited by Skipees

1. "Morning After"

2."Let Down"

3. "My Suffering"

6. "Wall of Sound"

7. "Instrumental"

8. "Fire"

9. "Hold Life"

12. "Introutro"

13. "Walking in Circles"

FYI, that list has a bunch of errors in it (I transcribed the original one from the picture posted on Julien-K's website and did a lot of straight-up guessing). It should look like this:

1. "Morning After"

2. "Let Down"

3. "My Suffering"

4. "Darkness"

5. "N2U"

6. "Wall of Sound"

7. "Instrumental"

8. "Fire"

9. "Hard Life"

10. "20 Eyes" - This one was drawn on the board as "20" followed by a pair of eyes.

11. "Give Me Your Name"

12. "Introutro"

13. "Walking in Circles"