LP Remixing Kings Of Leon

ManuelHT

Kings Of Leon are coming out with a live DVD in the fall as well as a remix album, and Billboard.com / NME.com report that Linkin Park is remixing at track for them.

"Even more exciting, however, is a remix album that came to life after Kings of Leon learned that other artists such as Justin Timberlake and Pharrell had started working on revisions of the band's songs. Mark Ronson, Kenna, Lykke Li and Linkin Park are also contributing remixes, according to Followill."

What do you think? Will it just be Mike, or perhaps Mike and Joe? Or will they do something cool and maybe record something cool like new drums/guitar and backing vocals? To what extent do you think they'll remix the track?

Thanks to LinkinParkPhotos.eu for the information!

Now we have to see who will remix their songs, Mike or Joe?

didn't Joe recently remixed Good Charlotte?

Yeah, Joe did remix Good Charlotte. "The Young and the Hopeless" or something.

It'll probably be Mike as he said good things about Kings of Leon on his blog, though it's still possible that it is Joe. Even better (but probably not realistic) it could be both of them.

Edited by Mycophycophyta

im pretty sure mike will remix it......and i bet he will remix ''closer'' from kings of leon....that song, the sound it sounds like a linkin park song.... well hopefully bcuz that song is awsome....you gotta hear it.......its sounds like mike's style...

Edited by bartorious

Meh...never understood all the hype surrounding Kings of Leon. I've yet to hear anything by them that impresses me. But I suppose if I can tolerate Good Charlotte enough to give Joe's remix of Young and the Hopeless a few listens, I'll be able to handle this.

Bearing in mind how much I hate KoL, this doesn't impress me. My hate is unwarranted really it's just that before their most recent album (3rd is it?) barely anyone had heard of them, then all of a sudden they're always on the radio, always on in shops, always on tv. It gets seriously annoying that wherever you go either use somebody or sex on fire are playing. I also don't find their music particularly impressive, it's kind of bland to me anyway.

Bearing in mind how much I hate KoL, this doesn't impress me. My hate is unwarranted really it's just that before their most recent album (3rd is it?) barely anyone had heard of them, then all of a sudden they're always on the radio, always on in shops, always on tv. It gets seriously annoying that wherever you go either use somebody or sex on fire are playing. I also don't find their music particularly impressive, it's kind of bland to me anyway.

It's not even like that for me. I remember hearing Molly's Chambers and The Bucket from their first 2 albums quite a bit on music video stations and the radio (before they ever became very popular), and I thought they were both boring, borderline annoying songs.