Camp Freddy w/ Mike & Chester to play at Dell Event

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Mike recently tweeted about Dell World, and announced that he and Chester would be performing as part of the "Dell World All Star Band" for Dell World 2012 in Austin TX.

The evening wraps up at the Austin City Limits Live at The Moody Theater with the coolest super-group you’ve never heard of: the Dell World All-Star Band, featuring Camp Freddy and friends with Mike Shinoda and Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. Headed up by Billy Morrison (currently playing with Billy Idol’s touring band, past member of The Cult), Dave Navarro (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane’s Addiction), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (Jane’s Addiction, The Panic Channel) they are joined for this show by Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park). Camp Freddy was created for the sole purpose of having a good time. They play some of the greatest rock and roll songs ever written, have a blast doing it and are famous for inviting surprise guests up on stage.

Chester has played for Camp Freddy numerous times, but this will be the first time Mike has performed with them onstage! Mike also mentioned that he would be putting together a STAGELIGHT demo for the event.

there is a little bit of speculation as to the exact date that this performance will take place, as the Dell World Event runs from the 11th-13th of December, but we'll get confirmation soon!

News credit: Mikeshinodaclan.com

HOLY SHIT:

Edited by LINKINJOZE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night I was dreaming,even I cam to know about this news after reading your thread,

"mike" was saying to me,hey?we're going to perform in Austin City :D ,or or or or it was linz,austria.I guess it was Austin,huston? austin lol,sorry.....Any news about broadcast?

Edited by MrXEROLP

There's no space for another guitarist, maybe Mike is going to play the keys.

That is what I am assuming. Mike definitely won't sing, but there are also no room for guitars. Mike is an excellent at the keys.

Camp Freddy uses a rotating cast of musicians, even over the course of a single show. They've had plenty of other guest guitar players that just played on a couple songs here and there, without all of their "usual" guitarists contributing on every song. Mike could play guitar...but I'd imagine it's more likely he'd play keys.

cool news, interesting to see Mike join in w/Camp Freddy

wha tkind of show it'll be?I'm sorry never heard of it

camp freddy is a cover band. they usually play a few classic rock songs for events - charity stuff, company events etc.

Chester talked about it in the LPU chat.

Possible songs:

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

Beastie Boys -

Run DMC -

Stone Temple Pilots - Sex Type Thing

One Step Closer

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

If I remember correctly, he said that his performance together with Mike will probably be on a Beastie Boys song.

Chester said in the LPU chat that he's actually performing with Camp Freddy tomorrow as well (they have a show listed on their site for tomorrow, but it just says it's a "private party" in Santa Monica).

I can't take this!!! I need to finally hear a version of Chester singing these songs!!!

Camp Freddy tomorrow, he’ll be playing Bob Dylan – Like A Rolling Stone and The Cure – Friday I’m In Love

At the Camp Freddy show with Mike they’ll be playing, Beastie Boys – Fight for Your Right To Party, Run DMC & Aerosmith – Walk This Way, Stone Temple Pilots – Sex Type Thing, One Step Closer, Guns ‘n’ Roses – Paradise City (MSC)