10.11.2012 - Johannesburg, South Africa, FNB Stadium

hahninator

Linkin Park's second show in South Africa and final show in Africa comes on the 10th in Johannesburg, South Africa at FNB Stadium. Holding 94,736 people, this is one of the largest venues Linkin Park has ever headlined. It is unknown how many people this show will hold, but it is sure to be a packed crowd just like the last one in Cape Town. Previous shows at this venue have included U2 (with a crowd of 94,232 people!!!), Neil Diamond, Coldplay (with 62,000 people), and Kings Of Leon.

In Cape Town (show page here), the band treated LPU'ers to the 7th LPU Summit by hosting a variety of activities including a backstage tour and an exclusive six song soundcheck performance before the show. As far as the setlist goes, Linkin Park stuck with US Set A (opening with 'TINFOIL' and 'Faint') for their performance at the very windy venue. It wouldn't surprise us if they stuck with Set A again in Johannesburg but it's definitely possible they'll play Set B ('A Place For My Head' opening) or Set C ('With You' opening). After all, 'When They Come For Me' definitely needs a performance in South Africa! KONGOS (the opening band in Cape Town) will also open the Johannesburg show.

Before the show, there was an accident outside of Cape Town Stadium resulting in about 19 injuries and one confirmed death, the first known death at a Linkin Park show. This prompted the band to issue a statement on their Facebook page, stating "Though we have had no relationship with the sponsor or the entity responsible for erecting the structure, we take the safety of our fans very seriously and our thoughts are with all of those who were affected by this tragedy."

Who from LPLive is going to this show? Anyone lucky enough to score a M&G?

After this show, the band has one more show scheduled (at least for now) in 2012 - the American Music Awards at LA's Nokia Theatre on November 18th. Maybe they'll play KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas in December? For the full 2012 tour schedule including past dates and setlists, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro, Ext. Outro)

02. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

03. New Divide

04. With You ( 2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

05. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

06. IN MY REMAINS

07. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

08. Points Of Authority

09. LIES GREED MISERY

10. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' rap; Ext. Outro)

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. The Catalyst

14. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

15. In The End

16. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike & Chester)

17. What I've Done

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

--------------------------------

20. TINFOIL

21. Faint (Ext. Outro)

22. Lying From You / Papercut (Medley)

23. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

There must be some better recording of the show. As you can see in this video there is a guy holding a stick with a camera on

Haha, that dude must be really sore in his arms from all the wind and stuff. Do you think he could hold it up for the entire concert? :)

94k ppl,o my GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy, I want set C,Not with you one,this one will be a kicka** show :D

This show is probably gonna to beat the morumbi 2004 numbers :)

We got 80.000 peoples back to 2004, lets see what is gonna to happen :P

SO CONFLICTED

Set B = BEST SET

Set C = WTCFM

A Place For My Head and the encore in Set B is just... lord.

But WTCFM in Africa will be AMAZING.

Well we wouldn't have this problem if they didn't fuck up Set B and remove WTCFM from it! :P

Camden and Alpharetta's Set B had WTCFM. http://lplive.net/shows/20120817.php

Camden show was insane. Just so fucking good. Instead of removing WTCFM from Set B for IMR, they should have dropped LGM. Still think that song live sucks major balls lol. I'll take Runaway, Blackout, FTI, WTCFM, NMS, anything over it. Probably my most disliked live LP song at this point since WFTE got improved a LOT this year.

Yep U2 360 tour was fantastic. The show I saw actually had the stage at one end but it had 360 seating - I was sitting "behind" the stage for example. I think some shows had the stage in the legit middle though? Or maybe I'm wrong? I know the Metallica Death Magnetic headlining shows had the stage in the VERY middle of the arena.

What were you guys expecting to happen if they performed WTCFM??

WTCFM is a PERFECT song to play in Africa. Chester's verse sung by the crowd would be amazing. WTCFM gives off an African tribe vibe too. Edited by Soul

Are you guys forgetting that South Africa is different from stereotypical "tribal" Africa? WTCFM should've been played because it's a good live song, not because it has a "tribal" feel.

But still, Im sure the SA crowd would of sang it amazingly. It just feels like one of those songs that should of been played at that certain location.

1. A Place For My Head

2. Given Up

3. New Divide

4. With You [2012 Intro]

5. Somewhere I Belong [2012 Intro]

6. In My Remains

7. Victimized [With "Qwerty"]

8. Points Of Authority

9. Lies Greed Misery

10. Waiting For The End [With "Until It Breaks" Intro]

11. Breaking The Habit

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent [ballad Medley]