March 2013: Meteora 10-Year Anniversary

RogueSoul

On March 25, 2013, Meteora turns 10. Two years ago in Paris 2010, Hybrid Theory turned 10 a day before the show. That brought up one of the most intense performances of the ATS World Tour: The only full performance of 'A Place For My Head' in the ATS Era.

Currently, they haven't announced anything in March besides the Soundwave shows (which take place in early March). It is unknown if they'll announce more shows in March (or February and January) before then, but if they announce more dates in March (Most likely Europe or possibly Asia), but if one show happens to be on that date, do you think they'll play something special like they did before with HT? If so, what song?

Here's a list of songs from Meteora and songs we can rule out:

• Foreword/Don't Stay
  • Somewhere I Belong
  • Lying From You
  • Hit The Floor
  • Easier To Run
  • Faint
  • Figure.09
  • From The Inside
  • Breaking The Habit
  • Nobody's Listening
  • Session
  • Numb

That's 8 (7 if you don't count Foreword) songs that could be considered a "special performance". I personally think it'd be kinda lame if they played From The Inside since they played it earlier this year. I hope for Figure.09 or Easier to Run. You?

Edited by Soul

I think we can rule out Hit the Floor, Nobody's Listening and Session. Nobody really seemed to care about Don't Stay when they played it in 07-08. If you ask me, it's just a poor man's One Step Closer. From the Inside wouldn't really be special since they just recently dropped it. So, I agree with what the others have said: Figure.09, the fan favorite or Easier to Run. A piano/acoustic version seems more likely to me than the album version, though.

Edited by Aiman

I'm gonna say Figure.09 would be the most likely bet since the hardcore fans have such a damn boner for that song.

I personally don't care about the Meteora anniversary because the album's so bland, but this isn't the topic for that.

I honestly don't think they'll even do anything (not to be negative) but if they do, I'd like to see maybe a performance of Don't Stay or Figure.09.

Yep, I don't think they will do anything either, but if they do, I would like the same 2 songs.

Easier to run,& the video posted on forum was edited by me,dsp mixed,watch it here

& wtb oct 24th? "Hybrid theory? the fact they don't play "Don't stay" is because chester hates the song,"Phoenix hates "Easier to run" whereas Rob says,it's very difficult for me to play Easier to run because I've play every part of drums lol

Easier to run,& the video posted on forum was edited by me,dsp mixed,watch it here

& wtb oct 24th? "Hybrid theory? the fact they don't play "Don't stay" is because chester hates the song,"Phoenix hates "Easier to run" whereas Rob says,it's very difficult for me to play Easier to run because I've play every part of drums lol

DSP audio isnt allowed, man.

I have my doubts they will celebrate it like they did HT. But then again, you never know with these guys. They could pull out an encore of Mmm Cookies....Sweet Hamster Like Jewels From America.

Nothing's going to happen. They probably don't even realize it'll be 10 years coming up. Hell, they couldn't even remember when they released ATS in that video where they were doing trivia about themselves.

Can you post the link to that vid?

• 1 month later...

I think the ultimate tribute to the Meteora days would be Figure.09 with the extended outro/transition into From The Inside just like 2004.

THIS. Probably the crown jewel that came out of the Meteora era. Such a badass idea to transition from one song to the next.

Jeeze, excuses. They just lazy and can't contemplate performing the most musically complex song on Meteora. For once Phi doesn't play root notes and Rob's all over the drums, :lol:

I think the only reason they played APFMH in Paris in 2010 was because it was on the ACTUAL day that Hybrid Theory was released. They aren't playing any shows on Meteora's release date. So I don't think they will play anything special for it. No offense to anyone, but that is the most realistic reasoning. Hell they played two years in a row on ATS's release date and they didn't play anything special for it, or even acknowledge it. They haven't played on MTM's release date yet, but I doubt they would do anything for that either.

I think the only reason they played APFMH in Paris in 2010 was because it was on the ACTUAL day that Hybrid Theory was released. They aren't playing any shows on Meteora's release date. So I don't think they will play anything special for it. No offense to anyone, but that is the most realistic reasoning. Hell they played two years in a row on ATS's release date and they didn't play anything special for it, or even acknowledge it. They haven't played on MTM's release date yet, but I doubt they would do anything for that either.

Wasnt it the day before?

Yes, Paris was one day after the anniversary. Them doing something special for every anniversary every very would be stupid and nothing special anymore. 10th anniversary is something you might wanna celebrate as a band. For example Slipknot released 10th anniverary editions of their albums with bonus DVD's.

There's no show set for the date in March yet but you never know. But they doubt that they'll do something special since they havent really done anything special for HT.