LIVING THINGS Instrumentals & Acapellas Released

ivan_astahov27

Hmmm okay, now I'm annoyed. Is anyone else hearing the very brief click/glitch sound about 36 seconds into the CASTLE OF GLASS instrumental? I have re-downloaded the track 3 times (including difference devices) and I'm getting the same annoying static-pop sound.

I had a similar issue with the album version of I'LL BE GONE (which I can hear on both the Aus and US physical copies of the album, as well as the Aus iTunes and album pre-order digital versions). Starting to think the mastering jobs on this latest album aren't up to scratch if stuff like this is making it through to retail...

Hmmm okay, now I'm annoyed. Is anyone else hearing the very brief click/glitch sound about 36 seconds into the CASTLE OF GLASS instrumental? I have re-downloaded the track 3 times (including difference devices) and I'm getting the same annoying static-pop sound.

I had a similar issue with the album version of I'LL BE GONE (which I can hear on both the Aus and US physical copies of the album, as well as the Aus iTunes and album pre-order digital versions). Starting to think the mastering jobs on this latest album aren't up to scratch if stuff like this is making it through to retail...

Yep, that little glitch is present in mine.

Just get your money out and go buy it. If you want this, don't be cheap. Support the band you love, like we always did it, and that is what got them where they are today. If we didn't BUY their shit, they'd stop making music. No money, no music. True story.

NO!

Finally downladed it (not from iTunes, but whatever, I already bought the CD).

I always loved instrumentals, makes me appreciate the music much deeper and I'll Be Gone and Roads Untraveled instrumentals are my favourites so far (still listening Roads Untraveled).

Has anyone noticed the scream in the Skin To Bone acapella? It's at the "Right to left, left to right" part, before the chorus.

Yeah I noticed that, funny how buried it is in the full song.

I always take for granted how many effects are put onto vocals of professionally recorded songs. It's funny that only when you peel all the instruments away do you realise.

Just as an update regarding the audio glitch I mentioned previously:

I emailed iTunes support and they've acknowledged that there is a problem with the track. They advised that they have escalated this (I'm assuming to the record label), but that it could take weeks to get a response, if any. I was given 5 free song credits as compensation. Certainly appreciated, but I'm still not happy that there's a glitch on the only instrumental version available.

While I'm at it, the 'pop' sound I heard on the album version of I'LL BE GONE is as clear as day on the acapella version - listen at 2:18 and you should hear a 'pop' sound. It's less obvious on the album version of the song, but there as well.

Really disappointed that errors like these have made it to retail versions of the album. Did they simply miss them during mixing/mastering or did they notice them but either a) couldn't be bothered fixing them or b ) thought nobody would notice?

Edited by Narc85

• 3 weeks later...