Linkin Park Adds Australian "Sidewaves": Sydney & Melbourne

Pez

Triple M Australia have just announced two Linkin Park shows in February for Melbourne and Sydney. Nicknamed "Sidewave" shows (after the Soundwave Festival), these two shows join the six already announced for the band in New Zealand and Australia for 2013 bringing their total on the tour to eight.

21.02.2013 Auckland, NZ, Vector Arena

23.02.2013 Brisbane, QLD, RNA Showgrounds (Soundwave)

24.02.2013 Sydney, NSW, Olympic Park (Soundwave)

26.02.2013 Darling Harbour, NSW, Sydney Entertainment Centre

27.02.2013 Melbourne, VIC, Rod Laver Arena

01.03.2013 Melbourne, VIC, Flemington Racecourse (Soundwave)

02.03.2013 Adelaide, SA, Bonython Park (Soundwave)

04.03.2013 Perth, WA, Claremont Showground (Soundwave)

The band last played this venue in Sydney in 2007 and last played the venue in Melbourne in 2010, both for two shows on each tour. Tickets go on sale next Friday the 14th. Who here from LPLive will be attending?

Oh yeah, and supporting the band at these two new shows will be none other than the almighty Stone Sour!

Sources: Triple M and Soundwave Touring.

EDIT: Now confirmed by Linkin Park: Twitter & linkinpark.com

Yewwww. Long drive from where I live but hope to go. Wish they had a sideshow in Brisbane.. :/

Looks like the Sidewave shows are in those spots due to the routing/timing of the shows. A lot of off days between Sydney and Melbourne so it makes sense. When Auckland was announced so close to Brisbane I kind of thought there'd be no time for a Brisbane Sidewave since LP doesn't do many shows in a row anymore.

Looks like the Sidewave shows are in those spots due to the routing/timing of the shows. A lot of off days between Sydney and Melbourne so it makes sense. When Auckland was announced so close to Brisbane I kind of thought there'd be no time for a Brisbane Sidewave since LP doesn't do many shows in a row anymore.

Mike aka Narc said when he spoke to the tour promoter AJ, the soundwaves would most likely be announced in Sydney and Melbourne only. Kinda sucks but its better then nothing really.

Yer :/ Ohwell you think they will be back late 2012 for there own living things tour?

"LPU members get pre-sale tickets starting today. "

Whoever does things like this: BURN!

What's wrong with giving people a good amount of time to check their things before starting the presale?

You can't blame Linkin Park for that - that's something the promoter does I'm sure. Decides when to do certain presales and stuff and when general tickets go on sale. LP when they schedule a gig I'm sure in the contract it says something like "fuck it all, we are doing LPU M&Gs for our fan club before ANYONE ANYWHERE gets access to buy a ticket, whether it's the radio station or promoter's company or whatever". Gotta be grateful they give us presale tickets FIRST for almost every LP show. LPU really does a good job with stuff - sucks it's so sudden and surprising for people but at least LPU gives presale tix! :) (and before anyone. and sometimes without convenience fees, like Projekt Revolution 2008)

You can't blame Linkin Park for that - that's something the promoter does I'm sure. Decides when to do certain presales and stuff and when general tickets go on sale. LP when they schedule a gig I'm sure in the contract it says something like "fuck it all, we are doing LPU M&Gs for our fan club before ANYONE ANYWHERE gets access to buy a ticket, whether it's the radio station or promoter's company or whatever". Gotta be grateful they give us presale tickets FIRST for almost every LP show. LPU really does a good job with stuff - sucks it's so sudden and surprising for people but at least LPU gives presale tix! :) (and before anyone. and sometimes without convenience fees, like Projekt Revolution 2008)

I know that it's because of the promoter.

Most times there are also only less then 5 days until the regular sale starts (after announcing the tourdate).

Some people have to check if they get days of so that they can get to a show etc.

As I am not a member of the LPU, just wondering are there only a limited amount of tickets that are available for the presale because by the time I get my tickets next week, hopefully there will be some good ones left over.

According to Ticketmaster, AU $109.30

Holy FUCK that is $112 USD. Linkubus wasn't even that much in some cities.

Posted Image

Is Linkin Park insane?

Nickelback is cheaper than that, Foo is half that price and even cheaper than half that usually, Muse is 1/3 of that. I don't understand. Will anyone buy a ticket that expensive for Linkin Park? Like will they even get half of a full crowd? lol

I'm not even paying that much to see a 2 day festival with Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Avett Brothers, Ludacris, TI, Joan Jett, Neon Trees, Civil Twilight, Girl Talk and more.

Posted Image

Is Linkin Park insane?

Nickelback is cheaper than that, Foo is half that price and even cheaper than half that usually, Muse is 1/3 of that. I don't understand. Will anyone buy a ticket that expensive for Linkin Park? Like will they even get half of a full crowd? lol

I'm not even paying that much to see a 2 day festival with Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Avett Brothers, Ludacris, TI, Joan Jett, Neon Trees, Civil Twilight, Girl Talk and more.

That's Australia for ya, we get fucked over with everything being more expensive than it is in other places

Posted Image

Is Linkin Park insane?

Tickets are actually cheaper this time round believe it or not.

Is Linkin Park insane?

I actually found it to be quite cheap! Last two LP tours in Australia, tickets were $150 each. $150 is pretty much a standard price for international acts in Australia. In fact, many are usually above and beyond this price. I remember shelling out $200 for Britney Spears tickets for my sister, $150/170 for the last Nickelback tour (who I believe are charging $150 again this time). In fact, I was really shocked that Evanescence were only charging $80/90 this year (I'm quite sure last tour was up at the $120-150 range).

Gotta factor in the strength of the Australian Dollar in comparison to the US Dollar as well - ie, your new release Blu-rays work out to about $20-25 AUD for us. If we were to buy local, they'd be in the $35-40 AUD range.

PS. GOING TO ALL THE SHOWS (except NZ - technically not part of Australia anyways lol)

Edited by Narc85

Posted Image

Is Linkin Park insane?

That's Australia for ya, we get fucked over with everything being more expensive than it is in other places

Tickets are actually cheaper this time round believe it or not.

Tickets here in Australiia always seem to be much more expensive. I remember Metallica was an outrageous price last time they were out here. Over $200 bucks easy. Muse were actually quite a bit too. That made me make the decision not to go. Just a couple of my recent shows have had pretty big price tag. Soundgarden were $139, Foos were $130 (and that was nose bleed seats) and Chris Cornell's song book was $109. I remember LP was around the $115 to $150 mark last time they were here so I honestly have no problem with that $109 price tag :)