POWERLESS Music Video

RogueSoul

NEVER read this. From the Soundwave article on VMusic...

Do you have any plans for the next single from Living Things?

I don't really participate in picking singles. I learnt that after making Hybrid Theory. I was never a fan of 'In The End' and I didn't even want it to be on the record, honestly. How wrong could I have possibly been? I basically decided at that point I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, so I leave that to other people who are actually talented at somehow picking songs that people are going to like the most. It also gave me a good lesson, as an artist, that I don't necessarily have to only make music, in my band, that I want to listen to. More often than not, something that I like, very few other people like, and something that those people like is something that I kind of like, or don't like at all. And that's cool, it gives me a new appreciation for the songs. But, you know, now I love 'In The End' and I think it's such a great song. I actually see how good of a song it is, it was just hard for me to see it at the time. So I remove myself from the process but I can tell you that there are songs we've made videos for that are coming up, I just don't know what order they're going to be released in. We just made a video for 'Lost In The Echo' and we're going to be shooting a video for 'Powerless'.

Well. Looks like Powerless is the next single after Castle of Glass.

Edited by Soul

I think he meant to say CASTLE OF GLASS. They already did a video for POWERLESS somewhat for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and I highly doubt they filmed 3 music videos in the span of a month or so. I also don't really see POWERLESS doing well as a single compared to other tracks on the album.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that they will be shooting one... as in, further down the track. I don't think there was any mistake there at all to be honest. When he said they'd shot a few already - he was referring to LITE and COG.

Personally, pretty stoked with the single selections if it does pan out that way, as those 4 are my favourite tracks from the album. I know POWERLESS should be pretty huge - most hardcore and casual fans I know think that's the best song on the album. A few non-fans I've shown the song to also like it.

• 2 months later...

Just received an e-mail from MFR and here's what it said:

"On November 27, in the U.S., the first ever #GivingTuesday will take place. We will harness the power of social media to create a national moment around the holidays that is dedicated to giving, similar to the way Black Friday and Cyber Monday are days that are synonymous with holiday shopping.

On #GivingTuesday, we are premiering the POWERLESS video featuring Linkin Park which helps tell the story of energy poverty. We are asking you to watch the video, share it using your social networks on Tuesday November 27, and to make a donation as a unique holiday gift to friends and family this season. In turn, this gift will provide clean energy solutions for people all over the world who have no access to electricity."

It's the same Powerless video but without Abraham Lincoln and there's new footage..

Here's the link: http://vimeo.com/54036330

PASSWORD: #givingtuesday

EDIT: Here's the YouTube link

Edited by Stranger

we've a video of "powerless" already....but the song is so awesome,it needs a proper single,they won't go to shoot a new video

Just received an e-mail from MFR and here's what it said:

"On November 27, in the U.S., the first ever #GivingTuesday will take place. We will harness the power of social media to create a national moment around the holidays that is dedicated to giving, similar to the way Black Friday and Cyber Monday are days that are synonymous with holiday shopping.

On #GivingTuesday, we are premiering the POWERLESS video featuring Linkin Park which helps tell the story of energy poverty. We are asking you to watch the video, share it using your social networks on Tuesday November 27, and to make a donation as a unique holiday gift to friends and family this season. In turn, this gift will provide clean energy solutions for people all over the world who have no access to electricity."

It's the same Powerless video but without Abraham Lincoln and there's new footage..

Here's the link: http://vimeo.com/54036330

PASSWORD: #givingtuesday

I can't watch it,after entering the password,it says go back

Guest RockSylvie

Hey, guys! It's true that the video for Powerless will be released on November 27, in the U.S., when the first ever #GivingTuesday will take place.

I've received an e-mail from MFR, too. Here is a part of it:

"On #GivingTuesday, we are premiering the POWERLESS video featuring Linkin Park which helps tell the story of energy poverty. We are asking you to watch the video, share it using your social networks on Tuesday November 27, and to make a donation as a unique holiday gift to friends and family this season. In turn, this gift will provide clean energy solutions for people all over the world who have no access to electricity."

Some of the people who donated to MFR, and signed the Power the World pledge for clean energy for all, have already enjoyed the new video.

Go and sign the pledge if you haven't already! Let's support our favorite band because they rock! \m/

Hey, guys! It's true that the video for Powerless will be released on November 27, in the U.S., when the first ever #GivingTuesday will take place.

I've received an e-mail from MFR, too. Here is a part of it:

"On #GivingTuesday, we are premiering the POWERLESS video featuring Linkin Park which helps tell the story of energy poverty. We are asking you to watch the video, share it using your social networks on Tuesday November 27, and to make a donation as a unique holiday gift to friends and family this season. In turn, this gift will provide clean energy solutions for people all over the world who have no access to electricity."

Denied by Adam thru email, the video will be released on the 27th is not the official POWERLESS video.

Isn't it just going to be a little bit of performance footage mixed in with footage of families working through their lives with no electricity? That's not much of a music video, that's more of an educational video set to POWERLESS. Which I feel is pretty tacky, using that song of all things.

Guest RockSylvie

Denied by Adam thru email, the video will be released on the 27th is not the official POWERLESS video.

Well, if Adam says so, he is the boss! Sorry for my mistake! Educational videos are useful though. There's always place to improve this world. This video is one of the ways to improvement. And I really love that my favorite band is taking action!

Wish you great day, guys!

Linkin Park should have their music video privileges revoked. Holy shit.

This short POWERLESS video is easily the best video LP has released since Shadow Of The Day in my opinion. Awesome, awesome performance shots of Chester and the band. I love the performance videos they do but for some reason I really disliked the ATS/LT videos. This is great, huge fan of this, just wish it was the whole song.

Shadow of the day/burning in the skies,(story of japanese ppl),now this one,I'd love to watch if they make it a full single,about powering the powerless...A video which will give lesson,message......... I wish,POWERLESS to be a single like it was in promo

Edited by MrXEROLP