11.08.12 - Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live

lgr

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from watching these videos I can imagine it will be hard to catch ones breath at these shows. You can't slow down for a second until the Somewhere I Belong intro lol.

You are absolutely right. I felt completely exhausted after only the first bit of the set.

Isn't it the Kinect? I also spotted a Kinect on Mike's keyboard but I haven't seen any interactions with it yet.

Not sure but at the start there was some guy DJ-ing on the screen behind them, if it is a Kinect it could be recording his movement and then it could show on the screen, but haven't seen anything like that with Mike, so.

Not sure but at the start there was some guy DJ-ing on the screen behind them, if it is a Kinect it could be recording his movement and then it could show on the screen, but haven't seen anything like that with Mike, so.

I think they may have used that during The Radiance last year

Most of these have already been posted but:

Some notes from last night's show:

The intro to the show was the Game of Thrones theme.

Victimized / QWERTY / Lying From You / Papercut was one big mashup. Only the bridge of QWERTY was played, and only the first verse, chorus, bridge, and last chorus of LFY and Papercut were played.

Live debut of Victimized.

Live debut of In My Remains.

When They Come For Me was brought back into the set after not being played on the European tour.

Mike asked who had ever been to an LP show before. He then followed that by asking how many people were having fun TONIGHT. This is most likely in reference to how the band has wanted to improve their live shows with more energy and such.

Burn It Down, Bleed It Out, and One Step Closer featured pyrotechnics; a first for the band since 2004!

The pyro seemed to have messed up at the intro for BID, none went off when the song kicked in, and Brad and Joe and Phoenix kept looking over at it and talking amongst themselves until it finally started working on the first chorus.

Mike sang a small portion of Numb / Encore at the end of Numb.

Mike came in at the wrong time for the first verse of BIO, so he let the crowd sing it a bit and then started over.

Lost in the Echo had a new intro.

Crawling was on the setlist after WID but was cut due to the curfew.

Other notes:

Mike had a new guitar for LITE.

Brad and Phoenix sing the "one by one" part on the last chorus and outro of IMR.

Some fireworks went off during the end of BID and OSC in addition to the pyro.

Brad plays keyboard(?) on the first verse of Victimized.

Mike's mic shut off suddenly while he was talking in between songs; luckily it was fixed after a few seconds.

Incubus did not play at this show.

Chester does the screams on the last chorus of LITE, with Mike doing the singing.

Brand new Living Things picks were used! I got one!

It would appear that an effect with an Xbox Kinect is used during some parts the show to capture the movements of Joe and Mike. These appear in the background visuals.

No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys was played over the PA right before LP hit the stage, further honoring Adam Yauch.

The Roadie by Tenacious D was played over the PA at the end of the show.

Full Mike speech: "Let me ask you guys something. Before we start a tour, before we do a show, I think our goal is always to bring you guys something that's...not just fun to do, but really memorable. Something you'll think about over a time. Has anybody out here already been to a Linkin Park show? Make some noise if you're having fun tonight.

This was an AMAZING show. The best I have seen of the guys in a good while. They are definitely bringing it on this tour, and I highly recommend you get yourselves to one of these tour dates. Massive crowd. Wow.

Edited by CookieMonster

Most of these have already been posted but:

Some notes from last night's show:

The intro to the show was the Game of Thrones theme.

Victimized / QWERTY / Lying From You / Papercut was one big mashup. Only the bridge of QWERTY was played, and only the first verse, chorus, bridge, and last chorus of LFY and Papercut were played.

Live debut of Victimized.

Live debut of In My Remains.

When They Come For Me was brought back into the set after not being played on the European tour.

Mike asked who had ever been to an LP show before. He then followed that by asking how many people were having fun TONIGHT. This is most likely in reference to how the band has wanted to improve their live shows with more energy and such.

Burn It Down, Bleed It Out, and One Step Closer featured pyrotechnics; a first for the band since 2004!

The pyro seemed to have messed up at the intro for BID, none went off when the song kicked in, and Brad and Joe and Phoenix kept looking over at it and talking amongst themselves until it finally started working on the first chorus.

Mike sang a small portion of Numb / Encore at the end of Numb.

Mike came in at the wrong time for the first verse of BIO, so he let the crowd sing it a bit and then started over.

Lost in the Echo had a new intro.

Crawling was on the setlist after WID but was cut due to the curfew.

Other notes:

Mike had a new guitar for LITE.

Brad sings the "one by one" part on the last chorus and outro of IMR.

Some fireworks went off during the end of BID and OSC in addition to the pyro.

Brad plays keyboard(?) on the first verse of Victimized.

Mike's mic shut off suddenly while he was talking in between songs; luckily it was fixed after a few seconds.

Incubus did not play at this show.

Chester does the screams on the last chorus of LITE, with Mike doing the singing.

Brand new Living Things picks were used! I got one!

No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys was played over the PA right before LP hit the stage, further honoring Adam Yauch.

The Roadie by Tenacious D was played over the PA at the end of the show.

This was an AMAZING show. The best I have seen of the guys in a good while. They are definitely bringing it on this tour, and I highly recommend you get yourselves to one of these tour dates. Massive crowd. Wow.

Nice summary of yesterday!

nice pics, I'm liking the AV and Production on this tour

My favorite picture I took that isnt in that group of pics is on my instagram

http://instagram.com/p/ONqPHYMY83/

The show was amazing. I was a bit on the meh side going in, but by the time the show was done, i was in full geek mode. Im happy it didnt rain till AFTER the show this year