10.08.2012 - Bristow, VA - Honda Civic Tour Rehearsal

On the 10th, Linkin Park will do a "private, full production rehearsal" for the Honda Civic Tour at the stop of the first city on the tour - Bristow, Virginia at Jiffy Lube Live. Rumors are flying around that the band will go visit the White House earlier in the day (maybe that's why my tour got denied for that day LOL) and then do a rehearsal later on that evening.

The LP Underground has allowed about 30 fans to attend the rehearsal (with FREE PIZZA!!), a first for the fanclub, along with some radio contest winners from across the United States. LPLive will be at the event so you can follow my Twitter for updates including the best attempt I can give at a setlist and then some pictures. The setlist at the 2011 Sunrise, FL rehearsal included many takes of some songs so I'll see what I can do in terms of getting at least song titles out that were soundchecked. You can follow along here: http://twitter.com/hahninator

Maybe we'll even replicate this guy after some pizza....

In an article today by VMusic about Soundwave 2013, Chester said, " Linkin Park's Soundwave set will include a mix of old and new tracks. "'Burn It Down', 'Lost In The Echo', 'In My Remains', 'Victimized', 'Lies Greed Misery' are all going to be part of our set going forward," he said. "At that point maybe 'Powerless' will be getting worked in there, so a lot of the new record is going to be incorporated into our new set, as well as a lot of the songs that people really want to hear. And also some songs that we've put on the backburner for a while, so hopefully a lot of a our fans that came to our last show will get something that they didn't really get before."

With the debut of 'LOST IN THE ECHO' at the small show on the 6th (show page here), we can assume that Chester's statement means this tour will feature the live debuts of 'IN MY REMAINS' and 'VICTIMIZED', joining 'LOST IN THE ECHO', 'BURN IT DOWN', 'LIES GREED MISERY', and 'TINFOIL' from LIVING THINGS in the setlists.

What do you think the band will do for the Honda Civic Tour? Three setlists again? Just these new songs, or maybe 'CASTLE OF GLASS' too? What older songs will be kicked out of the setlists to make room for these new ones, and what older songs will stay? Will they keep 'A Place For My Head', 'With You', 'Runaway', 'Points Of Authority', and 'Somewhere I Belong' that all returned to the setlists earlier this year in Europe?

LPLive will be at the first 6 shows of the tour (Hahninator for 6, [AndOne] for 5 and then a few other staff members at other shows: Richard, Dmitry, Nick, Raquel, etc) so if you're going to any of those shows be sure and stop by the Music For Relief booth and say hey! If you'll be at the rehearsal as well on the 10th come enjoy some pizza with us, ha.

On the 11th, the tour officially starts in Bristow, VA before heading to Uncasville, CT for a make-up show of the canceled 2011 performance on the 12th. The tour includes 17 shows in 31 days, so be sure to follow LPLive for the setlists and show posts for the whole tour! The full Honda Civic Tour schedule can be found here.

SETLIST:

Set 1:

LOST IN THE ECHO Partial)

IN MY REMAINS (Partial)

In MY REMAINS

TINFOIL

Faint

Papercut

With You

Given Up

VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

Somewhere I Belong

VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

-M&G backstage-

Set 2:

New Intro

With You

Faint

Given Up

VICTIMIZED/QWERTY

Lying From You (No 2nd verse or 2nd chorus) (Brad guitar fuck up at beginning)

Papercut (No 2nd verse or 2nd chorus)

Somewhere I Belong

New Divide

-break to kick out all fans-

IN MY REMAINS

Empty Spaces (w/ megaphone)

When They Come For Me

Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks rap)

Piano Medley (LOATR, SOTD, Iridescent)

Breaking The Habit

The Catalyst

BURN IT DOWN

In The End (Joe intro fuckup)

Numb (Joe intro fuckup)

Bleed It Out (w/ Sabotage bridge)

BIO ending jams x3, with and without vox

OSC intro tease

One Step Closer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the debut of 'LOST IN THE ECHO' at the small show on the 6th (show page here), we can assume that Chester's statement means this tour will feature the live debuts of 'IN MY REMAINS' and 'VICTIMIZED', joining 'LOST IN THE ECHO', 'BURN IT DOWN', 'LIES GREED MISERY', and 'TINFOIL' from LIVING THINGS in the setlists.

What do you think the band will do for the Honda Civic Tour? Three setlists again? Just these new songs, or maybe 'CASTLE OF GLASS' too? What older songs will be kicked out of the setlists to make room for these new ones, and what older songs will stay?

Those songs are great to get the crowd used to the new album live.. I think we'll see all the songs eventually.. We just have to be a little patient..

Good choice with the LT songs I guess, those are definitely the most energetic and live-style songs from the record. Some of them could eventually become live anthem (especially LITE :) ) And I'm happy they'll be playing Victimized, it would be killer if they added a new outro to make it longer!

Now, regarding the older songs, I'm just hoping for APFMH, With You, and POA to stay in the set.

I just want APFMH or With You.

But I'm also really excited for the other LT songs that will be played. Except BID. I wish that would be dropped. The mixes have made me a bit tired of it. Plus I haven't really liked how it sounded live in the videos I've seen.

I really don't understand the hate for BID. Sure, it isn't the greatest song. It should be BIE (Building It ERRP), but come on. Its the first single off LT. I doubt it'll be dropped for a good 3-4 years.

They didn't drop lead single ever.

Hope they bring Forgotten, By Myself and F.09. They should do at least 3 rotation setlists.

hope die at last but I didn't think they played again Figer.09 and By Myself.

and also no way they'll bring Forgotten as Mike said in the interview a fgew days ago.

hope die at last but I didn't think they played again Figer.09 and By Myself.

and also no way they'll bring Forgotten as Mike said in the interview a fgew days ago.

He didn't say they will never play it again, just not during the HCT. Doubt they'll ever play it again, though.

In which interview he said that ? :o

This one