LP to play Soundwave Festival 2013?

Pez

um yeah this is totally reliable....from the same guys that 'leaked' that blink was playing Big Day Out in 2011.....and 2012.....yeah cause they got them right and all.

um yeah this is totally reliable....from the same guys that 'leaked' that blink was playing Big Day Out in 2011.....and 2012.....yeah cause they got them right and all.

It's entirely possible that Blink were originally booked to play those tours and pulled out. They did postpone their UK tour by a year (which I think is absolutely ridiculous).

If they do there will be a pro-shot of it by either [V] or MTV... I can't remember who films soundwave and who gets Big day out...

Either way if they head line they will play sideshows. its pretty much in contract. The interesting thing is the tour organiser for LP for the last 3 years was the same... if LP come with Soundwave its organised by soundwavetouring.

Though I'd love the band to come sooner, this timing suits me fine (annual leave required/job situations and whatnot :)) If they did headline Soundwave and play sideshows, I'd be more than happy. Soundwave you can always get onto the front of the second barrier quite late in the afternoon and the viewing from that distance is pretty good. Sideshows can be used for either front of mosh or great seating. Just wish something would be announced soon! :)

Yeahhh buddy! ;)

Totally agree with Pez re: the band coming to Australia and doing festival-only shows. I really want to hear LIVING THINGS live with some of the older stuff thrown in, not a best of set which usually needs to be the case for festival sets. And fully agree re: tossing up between front of stage or M&G and watching from a distance. Plus, front of stage at a festival usually means spending an entire day with d*ckheads in the mosh and watching the awful bands that precede the headliner.

I for one couldn't care less about Blink being on the line-up. I used to absolutely love them until I saw them live. After that one show, I have never listened to a CD of theirs again. It was probably the second worst live show I have ever seen (and I've been to a lot). People were walking out in droves before the band even finished. I've only ever been to one other show that impacted my taste for a band that significantly.

I'm not so agree with you, maybe because I've a different experience.

I've been to Sonisphere last year to see LP;

of course I watched the other bands since The Cult hits the stage (17.00 local time) and that's not bad listen to the other bands.

you mentioned that you didn't even listen to Blink 182 after see them live (i never see them live and I can't debate on that one)

but I never listen to SUM 41 before see them perform on Sonisphere but after that day I just LOVE them.

Edited by stich

Well the Blink 182 bit seems to becoming truer each day.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/new...20711-gpax.html

Fucking sucks Travis wont be playing tho. I understand its hard due to his fear and all but to me it wont be 'Blink 182' without him.

Yeah that really sucks. Now don't get me wrong, I love blink just as much as the next guy, but he's really the only one of the three who can actually play live. I saw them back in 09 and had a great time; thought it was a great show, but Tom really sucks live. Mark's not so great either, but ffs Tom sounds horrible. He's lucky he's funny.

• 4 weeks later...

BAM if anyone is my friend on facebook you'll see Im freaking out because they have leaked a few of the acts for Soundwave.

Linkin Park, Blink 182 (They have confirmed it on their twitter or something and said Travis will travel with the band), The Offspring, Paramore, Bring me the horizon and I killed the prom queen.

The announcement of the full 50-60 band lineup will be done tomorrow morning at around 7:30 Australian eastern standard time where it will be all over the music channels and radio stations. Ill post on the forum as soon as that happens.

Im pretty fucking pumped right now :P

Linkin Park, Blink 182 (They have confirmed it on their twitter or something and said Travis will travel with the band), The Offspring, Paramore, Bring me the horizon and I killed the prom queen.

what a line-up! if these are true then... damn!

and yeah, Weinhofen'll be busy that week :P

Holy crap. what i would I would do to go to that concert! I think I may have to save up money to make a trip there! Blink-182, The Offspring, and Linkin Park. that alone is awesome, but plus Sleeping With Sirens, Sum 41, 10 years, and many other amazing bands. Holy crap.