LP to play Soundwave Festival 2013?

Pez

Soundwave have 'Got' Linkin Park, with Blink 182

So the Soundwave festival rumors are still lurking around with Triple M (a reliable Australian radio station) reporting that Soundwave have 'Got' Linkin Park along with 'healthy' talks of Blink 182 on the bill.

Triple M were the ones that spread the rumor of the 2010 December tour which turned out to be correct. What do you guys think?

Source: Triple M

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeah I'm kinda up and down about it to. Of course I'm stoked that the guys are coming out, hell some countries don't see the band for years. But there are a quite a few pros and cons with the cons outweighing the pros.

Pro:

Blink 182 with a chance of Offspring too.

Massive atmosphere.

Normally awesome hot weather, perfect for Aussie music festivals.

Cons:

Festival sets

Massive crowds (some of which won't take to LP as well as some may think)

Hard to get tickets.

Limited production (so their big video screens and everything would be hard to bring in and use)

Big ticket prices.

Meet and greet and watch show from KMS away from the stage or be up close missing M&G

With me (and a couple of other fans) wanting to go to every Australian show, it wouldn't be as rewarding for us and any other fan of it was Soundwave festival gigs.

Soundwave have 'Got' Linkin Park, with Blink 182

So the Soundwave festival rumors are still lurking around with Triple M (a reliable Australian radio station) reporting that Soundwave have 'Got' Linkin Park along with 'healthy' talks of Blink 182 on the bill.

Triple M were the ones that spread the rumor of the 2010 December tour which turned out to be correct. What do you guys think?

Source: Triple M

Not a fan of this unless there will be some shows on the side... 2010 tour was epic!

How was a Festival Set a bad thing this year haha. If they are headlining I don't think there will be cuts in the production, but you are probably right about everything else.

I heard about people getting into front section with their M&G on festivals this summer, I don't know if that's officially but I guess you just have to act bossy and they just waved the people through because it was some laminate and didn't pay much attention.

I heard about people getting into front section with their M&G on festivals this summer, I don't know if that's officially but I guess you just have to act bossy and they just waved the people through because it was some laminate and didn't pay much attention.

kinda sneaky but it works - if you act casual with a laminate or a pass you can pretty much do anything you like. "I do this all the time guys, jeez"

Yeah I'm kinda up and down about it to. Of course I'm stoked that the guys are coming out, hell some countries don't see the band for years. But there are a quite a few pros and cons with the cons outweighing the pros.

Pro:

Blink 182 with a chance of Offspring too.

Massive atmosphere.

Normally awesome hot weather, perfect for Aussie music festivals.

Cons:

Festival sets

Massive crowds (some of which won't take to LP as well as some may think)

Hard to get tickets.

Limited production (so their big video screens and everything would be hard to bring in and use)

Big ticket prices.

Meet and greet and watch show from KMS away from the stage or be up close missing M&G

With me (and a couple of other fans) wanting to go to every Australian show, it wouldn't be as rewarding for us and any other fan of it was Soundwave festival gigs.

Yes, exactly this. Excited that LP will be coming down to Australia again but I would prefer to see them play their own headlining show rather then at a music festival. If these rumours are true, just wondering if there is any chance they will play some arena shows as well?

Edited by Jozzie

Yes, exactly this. Excited that LP will be coming down to Australia again but I would prefer to see them play their own headlining show rather then at a music festival. If these rumours are true, just wondering if there is any chance they will play some arena shows as well?

I would imagine they would do at least 1 sideshow at the major cities. Hopefully at a really kick ass small venue. Love to see them at the enmore or metro but I doubt they would go that small.

Linkin Park + Blink-182 = fucking awesome show. I would love if I went to a show with both of them, since they are my favorite bands. I went to a Blink-182 show last year and they can still rock out the place!

Yeahhh buddy! ;)

Totally agree with Pez re: the band coming to Australia and doing festival-only shows. I really want to hear LIVING THINGS live with some of the older stuff thrown in, not a best of set which usually needs to be the case for festival sets. And fully agree re: tossing up between front of stage or M&G and watching from a distance. Plus, front of stage at a festival usually means spending an entire day with d*ckheads in the mosh and watching the awful bands that precede the headliner.

I for one couldn't care less about Blink being on the line-up. I used to absolutely love them until I saw them live. After that one show, I have never listened to a CD of theirs again. It was probably the second worst live show I have ever seen (and I've been to a lot). People were walking out in droves before the band even finished. I've only ever been to one other show that impacted my taste for a band that significantly.

Edited by Narc85

I would imagine they would do at least 1 sideshow at the major cities. Hopefully at a really kick ass small venue. Love to see them at the enmore or metro but I doubt they would go that small.

It would be awesome to see LP at a more intimate venue, either way fingers crossed they do.

Tom and Chester Collab!

Don't know how well that would go lol Two completely different voices and two completely different types of music. What I was thinking was maybe during Bleed It Out they collab with Travis and have him play the drum solo during it. That would be pretty sick. When I saw them live Travis played a drum solo while on this platform that elevated him and put him upside down while he was playing! It was crazy! And he killed the solo too!

Blink-182 is actually good live so I don't know why Narc85 hated it so much. Must have different opinions. Sure they aren't even close to the best at live bands, but they aren't bad. What I'd give to see two of my favorite bands ever play the same concert. wish they would do a American tour together

Blink-182 is actually good live so I don't know why Narc85 hated it so much. Must have different opinions. Sure they aren't even close to the best at live bands, but they aren't bad. What I'd give to see two of my favorite bands ever play the same concert. wish they would do a American tour together

Could have been a number of factors I suppose. I guess every band has an 'off' performance from time to time... but usually the band themselves acknowledge when the performance isn't up to scratch (either directly or indirectly). It just sounded terrible, and I didn't appreciate the non-stop barrage of racist jokes, especially when you take into account how multicultural this country is and the number of ethnic people that may have been in the audience. Just didn't seem appropriate at all. The show also seemed to go on forever, despite the set list being relatively short and most of their songs being quite short also. I know I definitely wasn't the only one of that opinion of the show. We left fairly late in the set, but heaps of people had been leaving well before us too.

I guess if they play at Soundwave I'll end up with a second opinion so to speak. Keeping my expectations fairly subdued however. It's a shame, because I really enjoyed the band up until that point.

Great that LP could possibly be coming back, but I'd much prefer a headlining tour like the others have said, don't really care for Soundwaves lineups that much either(if the previous years are anything to go by).