Eminem & D12 on OSC =/= Detroit 2002

hahninator

Nobody remembers where this info originated from anymore? That's surprising...it was one of many factoids in the "Touring Info" section on pushmeaway.com: http://web.archive.org/web/20050207052204/...ouringinfo.html

"D12 and Eminem showed up at the the Projekt Revolution 2002 tour date in Detroit. They rapped a little and later came out to help with "One Step Closer"."

That website was usually VERY reliable for info - the girl who ran it knew LP personally, and the site itself was hosted on the Sparkart servers that used to host linkinpark.com as well (she won a contest that got her site hosted on LP's servers way back in like 2001).

All of the other facts on PMA are accurate. I don't think this one is though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember an LPU chat with Mike about a year ago, someone asked him about a collab with Eminem, and Mike said he'd never met or spoken to him and didn't have any plans to. So I guess that backs up this thread, never happened.

Oh come on, I just talked about this in the shoutbox, yesterday!

I think, we kinda started that discussion..damn it, I wish I never talked about this.

Shit..I kinda dreamed about finding a recording of that show and know..aaah..terrible :(

If they are on the side of stage and doesn't on angle of view on this picture?

M&G lucker guys, please ask try to Mike. Mike is an Eminem fan, he is able to remember it, I think... He can remember if it is real or not, but I think he won't remember an exactly date

It's off topic, but still in the same vein - the Notes for the 02.08.2004 show at Jones Beach aren't 100% complete. I submitted this information at some point and it got nowhere. Not nearly as interesting as the Em thing, but I know the moderators have been in this thread.

During the Hip Hop Medley, Snoop Dogg came out, but his microphone cut out. I remember Mike telling the sound guys to fix it. He may or may not have given Snoop his mic, but I'm not 100% on that. I remember hearing Snoop say one line but by the time things worked out he was pretty much finished. Sorry my memory of it isn't as clear, but it was 8 years ago. There's a bunch of pictures of him onstage on Getty Images.

Also, Bert McCracken from The Used came out and sang on 'Faint'. I haven't found anything to back it up, but I'm pretty sure it happened. They were my two favorite bands at that time and I lost my shit. Someone I didn't know at the time who was at the show also mentioned this. I also found out there's footage of one of his performances on The Used's "Berth" DVD, but it doesn't look like Jones Beach to me and I've been there 9 times, so I can say that with some authority.

Edited by letdownagain

It's off topic, but still in the same vein - the Notes for the 02.08.2004 show at Jones Beach aren't 100% complete.

Good luck seeing that being fixed. I've been submitting stuff to the corrections thread for quite some time and have yet to see anything fixed Edited by L13413P

Good luck seeing that being fixed. I've been submitting stuff to the corrections thread for quite some time and have yet to see anything fixed

if stuff's important it gets priority. odd little show notes are less important, plus editing show pages is time-consuming.

Good luck seeing that being fixed. I've been submitting stuff to the corrections thread for quite some time and have yet to see anything fixed

Sorry about that, we want to get everything as accurate as possible, 2012 has the priority right now, editing older stuff in on halt right now for various reason. Trust me, my to do list is HUGE.

I posed what I posted just to have it be seen. This is a live guide and the information I provided will help make it more comprehensive. Honestly, it's just always bugged me more than normal because it was not only my first LP show but my first show ever. That's obviously a personal thing though, and in the grand scheme, it's just another show, but this seemed like an okay place to mention it.

Why do people keep saying Eminem AND D12? Eminem IS part of D12

Yeah, I told Mark about it long time ago, and we fixed it in the notes of Detroit show.

But I guess, even on some official CDs they sometimes write it this way.

That's the same as writing Chester Bennington & Linkin Park. XD

Where?

Yeah, link to proof of his such words would be good to have.

I remember him talking about Eminem, while answering some question, but that about collab, I guess. And I don't remember him saying that he didn't meet him.