Eminem & D12 on OSC =/= Detroit 2002

hahninator

If you've explored our live guide or been in the LP community online for a few years, you've probably heard of how from 2001-2004 it was very common for the band to have guests on 'One Step Closer'. Band members from Cypress Hill, Story Of The Year, POD, Adema and more....Aaron Lewis from Staind, Jonathan Davis from Korn and many others have joined Linkin Park over the years for OSC. This means you've probably heard of the time Eminem and D12 joined them on the song in Detroit in 2002.

Yeah, except that didn't happen.

Thanks to a recent discovery by an LPLive member in the forum shoutbox, we now can read a review of the show and see pictures of it.

Posted Image

Full size image

In the above picture you'll see Mark from Adema and Sen Dog from Cypress Hill along with Chester, Rob, and Brad on stage for 'One Step Closer'...and there's no D12 or Eminem! Earlier today the LPLive staff researched where in fact this "rumor" came from and all we could find is that "Forfeit The Game", an old LP fansite says this:

"Over the years, the band have collaborated on the live version of One Step Closer with many different artists, some of these include:

- Dilated Peoples

- Marky Chavez (of Adema)

- Wes Scantlin (of Puddle of Mudd)

- Sonny Sandovel (of P.O.D.)

- Hoobastank

- Story of the Year

- Jonathan Davis (of Korn)

- Eminem & D-12"

But that doesn't list the exact show. Upon further investigation we couldn't really figure out how this rumor got started so we wanted to set it straight that Eminem and D12 at least didn't come out on 'One Step Closer' at LP's fifth show of Projekt Revolution 2002 in Detroit (show page here). If they did really come out for OSC at a show, we don't know when! Maybe a band member can help us out at a future M&G....

So thanks to you guys, we're a little bit more accurate now with the live guide - thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you put in the news that a 10-years old story is fake? Purposeless..

No show until the 22nd and want to know how many times people have requested mp3s of this in the audio section and/or made threads in general LP discussion talking about it? Probably one of the most talked about "live happenings" at an LP show due to all the uncertainty surrounding it. 2007 to now on LPL I know this has been discussed a lot. If this isn't your kind of news, you don't have to read it :P

No show until the 22nd and want to know how many times people have requested mp3s of this in the audio section and/or made threads in general LP discussion talking about it? Probably one of the most talked about "live happenings" at an LP show due to all the uncertainty surrounding it. 2007 to now on LPL I know this has been discussed a lot. If this isn't your kind of news, you don't have to read it :P

It is certainly interesting to read, and please don't tell what or what not to read.. I just said it doesn't deserve home-page news.. Anyways, I guess you know better..

I guess you have a fair point. I guess we have shifted from live updates of random stuff to more of a legit news-reporting website and live coverage. I still remember when we posted news articles about a day's worth of updates to the site. Just links and what was corrected on shows, etc. Originally we never reported any LP news during at least half of 2007 and after that we slowly shifted into doing news. Fair enough.

I guess you have a fair point. I guess we have shifted from live updates of random stuff to more of a legit news-reporting website and live coverage. I still remember when we posted news articles about a day's worth of updates to the site. Just links and what was corrected on shows, etc. Originally we never reported any LP news during at least half of 2007 and after that we slowly shifted into doing news. Fair enough.

Very diplomatic.

Maybe he's one of those people who doesn't know that this is a live guide :o

Yeah, I've been here since 2007 and I have no idea what this is..

Holy shit, if someone says his opinion about a post in the news every moderator just goes crazy..

What the hell? Relax..

lol, don't take things too serious dude, maybe we are just a little sick of this "this is not newsworthy" arguement on our own site.

Some people don't seem to be aware, sadly, but anyhow

I personally think this is very interesting that his popped up. We always deal with incorrect info here and there and are always happy to corrections and that sort of stuff, especially for older shows.

lol, don't take things too serious dude, maybe we are just a little sick of this "this is not newsworthy" arguement on our own site.

Some people don't seem to be aware, sadly, but anyhow

I personally think this is very interesting that this popped up. We always deal with incorrect info here and there and are always happy to corrections and that sort of stuff, especially for older shows.

I don't really take it seriously, I was just arguing.. Anyways, I also said that it's an interesting story nevertheless..

Nobody remembers where this info originated from anymore? That's surprising...it was one of many factoids in the "Touring Info" section on pushmeaway.com: http://web.archive.org/web/20050207052204/...ouringinfo.html

"D12 and Eminem showed up at the the Projekt Revolution 2002 tour date in Detroit. They rapped a little and later came out to help with "One Step Closer"."

That website was usually VERY reliable for info - the girl who ran it knew LP personally, and the site itself was hosted on the Sparkart servers that used to host linkinpark.com as well (she won a contest that got her site hosted on LP's servers way back in like 2001).

I remember that website. Back in the day, LPFuse, Chestersings, Pushmeaway, linkin-inside, lptimes, those were all the sites I used to go on...I miss them...I also miss the FM boards and the old LPU boards...