LP Experimenting More

hahninator

Matt sent in this article from 102.1 The Edge....

"Linkin Park are ready to tear up the blueprint. The band made a creative jump with "Minutes To Midnight" after doing two near-identical records, and is once again pushing boundaries.

Co-vocalist Mike Shinoda tells Sun Media that at present he is producing their next disc, but may welcome production assistance at some point.

Shinoda says, "We're still excited about experimenting, trying to push the boundaries of what people know Linkin Park to be. It's hard to say where we're going from here but I definitely feel like 'Minutes To Midnight' opened up lots of doors for us, sonically and creatively."

The band will continue working on new music this year."

there are 2 points very interesting for me:

... but may welcome production assistance at some point.

Maybe some featuring? or just some other productors like don gilmore or rick rubin?

trying to push the boundaries of what people know Linkin Park to be.

New sound? i think it's an hard think to expect from them now

ive seen this somewhere, i dont think featuring will happen, maybe just another producer and i think he is just saying that mtm is not the sound they are staying at and that they want experiment more

Edited by GraDoN

hm....

i think it's cool that LP is experimenting more, but i am afraid of that they will move in the "wrong" direction (i know that "wrong" direction depends on your own opinion), but i don't want them to be too pop...or too electronic.....but we'll see....

marth

Why does it matter to LP about what the GENERAL PUBLIC thinks they sound like? They're fan base is so HUGE because of the nu-metal sound. Anybody who thnks MTM is anywhere near as good as Hybrid Theory and Meteora are kidding themselves. Sure it was more diverse and offered some quality songs like Shadow of the Day, Little Things, etc, but those "Papercut" "Faint" " A Place for my head" style songs are SUCH an original and unique sound that made their careers. What exactly do they have to accomplish by continually experimenting so drastically? It just makes me think that Linkin Park as a band have a HUGE ego in that they need to prove to the world how "GOOD"they are, when in reality just DO you're thing ( which is HT/Meteora sound) and your fans will f'n love it. I"m all for some experimentation like breaking the habit, maybe some more tweaks here and there but don't call this process "Experimenting" when you're actually abanonding you're sound and starting from scratch. Stupidest move ever by a band that had so much potential..

yeah i'd like to hear a kinda more old-style album. It's okay to try new things and stuff but they shouldn't move too fast from their roots like thesungoesdown said, i can just agree to that.

I don't want to hear more stuff like Mike's Remixes (What I've Done distortion oder LOATR remix, i did not like this techno-kinda-thingy >.< it was okay, but not as good as HT or Meteora...)

It would be sick if the new album is something like a 2disc album. Since LP has released Minutes, they've become really commercial. It's not me who's saying that, just the world wide audience thinks it. They should make a new Hybrid Theory record, with that sound, so they could give the fans something really cool to enjoy!

Why everyone want a third album which sounds like HT and Meteora? 

I think it's good that they experimenting.....they shouldn't have the same sound on every record. MTM was different and that's good.

lol if you wanna hear another style, why dont ou hear another band? i personally hear lp cause of its style, if i wanna hear funk i listen to red hot chili peppers cause theyre good at funk and would suck at nu-metal, same thing is for lp (just the opposite way:P). they should stick with their style

Edited by Fraesh

It would be sick if the new album is something like a 2disc album. Since LP has released Minutes, they've become really commercial. It's not me who's saying that, just the world wide audience thinks it. They should make a new Hybrid Theory record, with that sound, so they could give the fans something really cool to enjoy!

yeh but the second disk should only be available to LPU members i think, only the true fans should be able to get extras

lol if you wanna hear another style, why dont ou hear another band? i personally hear lp cause of its style, if i wanna hear funk i listen to red hot chili peppers cause theyre good at funk and would suck at nu-metal, same thing is for lp (just the opposite way:P). they should stick with their style

I also listen to RHCP ;) They're good!

LP will never lose their style.

yeh but the second disk should only be available to LPU members i think, only the true fans should be able to get extras

Only LPU members are true fans? Disagree!

Edited by wiiesel

yo! being a LPU member doesnt makes you more, i've been a LP fan since the 2001 i was part of the LPU 1.0 team, if im not part of it anymore its because now it sucks ass

i wont pay for Laundry songs.

That's not fair man, some of us have been down w/ LP way before M2M, we don't have to pay to show it!! We buy the albums, singles, EP's, etc.. that shud be enough. You are a fan if you like their music, listen to it and support the band or singer. You don't have to sign up for an "official" fan club to prove it. Besides this site itself is just a tad more popular than the LPU nowadays.

I think it's great that the band is experimenting, this keeps the music fresh and interesting for them as artists. Hopefully the new album will be a fusion of the HT & M2M sound/vibe with a dash of something new. Just like people want variety in their music, LP obviously want variety in what they produce. Some fans may not like it but at the end of the day LP has to focus on how they feel about their own music because to do otherwise is the road paved with creative frustration/boredom and leads to the band breaking up. Personally, I trust their creative instincts and they haven't let me down yet.

are you even a member of the LPU yet? and why would that happen? if anything it would discourage people from buying the cd..