Crawling (2001-2012)

hahninator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to take into account that it is a whole different experience if you're at a live show.

I agree with most of you that it is very boring to hear "Crawling" on the DSP. But recently I was at their show in Berlin and I totally liked crawling. So I can't say I'm happy or unhappy if they drop it.

I don't really like WID but I enjoyed it live.

In my opinion Crawling should remain in sets , It's not really solid live but crowds love it :)

Crawling is a good song. Chester can pull it off (just barely) nowadays, but remember the song was created about 10-11 years ago, and Chester's voice was stronger back then. Then KRWLNG + HHH intro was freaking awesome. I'll miss Crawling, tbh. Hope they didn't completely cut it out after these shows...

Crawling is a good song. Chester can pull it off (just barely) nowadays, but remember the song was created about 10-11 years ago, and Chester's voice was stronger back then. Then KRWLNG + HHH intro was freaking awesome. I'll miss Crawling, tbh. Hope they didn't completely cut it out after these shows...

I'm sure they will play it at Orange Warsaw Festival

Agreed 100%. Ready for the song to go for a while. It's been played at almost every show for almost 10 years. Let it take a rest...if they want to replace it with a song they don't play much that is just as good then they should do that. Figure.09, for instance, hahaha (like they'd ever play that again).

I'm all for the singles being rotated and moved around. OSC I think should stay but if the band legit gets tired of it they can rotate it. If they have 3 setlists they could just do Crawling in 1 or even 0 and rotate other singles as well. Someone tell them to give Numb a break while they are at it. Tired of it live as well. Neither song has the same effect live as they used to.

I'd rather hear some more new songs or rarer songs live than Crawling. Stuff that doesn't get played much is always welcome in the setlist.

I think their is a better chance of Don't Stay being played then Figure.09

I'm kinda tired of Crawling anyway. I don't even like the way Chester is singing the chorus after 2005. IMO the chorus needs to be screamed and not be sung like a "chipmunk" (still love you Chester). The studio version is TOO different for me. This is how i like it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUWJHCNKGQ

it doesnt seem like chester is screaming in that video lol

To count how many times LP has played each song in their catalogue live. Which I think is a ridiculously time-consuming thing that has zero payoff. That's essentially useless trivia.

Hasn't Papercut been dropped several times before? Someone mentioned that it and Crawling have around the same amount of play counts, but I doubt that's true 'cause I remember people whining about wanting Papercut back in the set.

I'm kinda tired of Crawling anyway. I don't even like the way Chester is singing the chorus after 2005. IMO the chorus needs to be screamed and not be sung like a "chipmunk" (still love you Chester). The studio version is TOO different for me. This is how i like it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gUWJHCNKGQ

That's how we all like it but if Chester carried on singing like that until now there wouldn't be any of his voice left. :/

Anyways, get rid of Crawling, I didn't like it that much after all :P

THREAD WINNER!!

I prefer Chester screaming the chorus instead of singing. Right now, you can definitely tell that the song lost his power.

I'd rather listening to the album version though. But yeah, if you experience it live, it sounds good. But if you're listening to a dsp it sounds really boring.

it doesnt seem like chester is screaming in that video lol

I know screaming probably isn't the right word for it but because of my lack of english i didn't come up with a better word, hope you still got what i meant. I still think Chester could sing it the way he did long time ago but he just decided to sing it clean, maybe to save his voice (they didn't have 22 songs in their setlist then) or whatever reason, maybe because it's just easier for him and he doesn't really care because the audience still loves him.

Edited by Jani

Say what you want about the DSPs, but Crawling always gets a loud response from the crowd. At the show its great, and the band (and rightly should) think about the audience they're playing for and not the one who's being the DSP afterward.

Though personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Crawling dropped. Numb and In The End have to stay though. Chester still has it with those, and you cannot argue just how loud the crowd gets for these songs. Look at Rock in Rio. Everyone (myself included) was bashing the crowd until Numb started and now it's being argued to be one of their best shows.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Maaan, adding videos from Docklands Arena and telling that's how you want LP to play is like cheating.. One of their top performances imo (especially the legendary performance of

)

On the topic now.. I didn't really read all the replies but I think there are lots of people who got tired of Crawling.. They can't play it as good as they did in the past and I don't think anyone can question that.. I wouldn't really mind if they dropped it.. With You and Runaway are back anyways!

Edited by jakolp

Ok.. Really.. I have to get it out there.. I don't mind if LP drop In The End, Numb and One Step Closer

All I ask in return is this.. Please, please, PLEASE play this song live..

EDIT: Ok, I felt I had to edit this post to explain why I want to listen to this song played live.. It's a surrealistic song. It's about the meaning of life, it's about accomplishing your life goals, it's about friendship, it's about love.. Also, don't get me started on the melody.. Great hook, it sticks inside your head immediately.. And why's that good? Because every time you sing it, you understand it even more. It becomes part of your everyday life. Life changing song for me.. Damn, the emotion Chester puts towards the end.. I just cried.. Really............

Play this song live... Please........

Edited by jakolp

Ok.. Really.. I have to get it out there.. I don't mind if LP drop In The End, Numb and One Step Closer

All I ask in return is this.. Please, please, PLEASE play this song live..

I still wonder how that song never became a single. It has SO much meaning in it.

EDIT: Ok, I felt I had to edit this post to explain why I want to listen to this song played live.. It's a surrealistic song. It's about the meaning of life, it's about accomplishing your life goals, it's about friendship, it's about love.. Also, don't get me started on the melody.. Great hook, it sticks inside your head immediately.. And why's that good? Because every time you sing it, you understand it even more. It becomes part of your everyday life. Life changing song for me.. Damn, the emotion Chester puts towards the end.. I just cried.. Really............

Play this song live... Please........

LMFAOOOO

Edited by azAZ

Maaan, adding videos from Docklands Arena and telling that's how you want LP to play is like cheating.. One of their top performances imo (especially the legendary performance of

)

There's a lot more than just Docklands.. :D

Look at Rock in Rio. Everyone (myself included) was bashing the crowd until Numb started and now it's being argued to be one of their best shows.

This is a legit fact. The crowd was rocking from the get go (just mixed bad in the webcast), like listen to Faint, they actually YELL the melody at the start. Epic. But when Numb hit the place rocked big. Legit argument right there by you.

Hate fucking Numb live but the crowd loves it. /not in the majority opinion