Crawling (2001-2012)

hahninator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

remember the song was created about 10-11 years ago, and Chester's voice was stronger back then.

i think it's incorrect to say his voice was "stronger" back in '00-'01, it was much rougher round the edges, which of course is good for agressive songs, but in terms of actual singing, the result of 12+ years of live shows he has gained a voice that would be considered better in terms of actual singing ability, it happens to a lot of big touring bands that he singer's voice changes drastically since their breath control , sustain etc, just improves all the time.

also, if people say that the rougher, "older" sound is better, take your case up with that 17-sec scream of Given Up... :P

IMO the chorus needs to be screamed and not be sung

a scream can't carry a tune though... a scream is more a noise than a voice

i think it's incorrect to say his voice was "stronger" back in '00-'01, it was much rougher round the edges, which of course is good for agressive songs, but in terms of actual singing, the result of 12+ years of live shows he has gained a voice that would be considered better in terms of actual singing ability, it happens to a lot of big touring bands that he singer's voice changes drastically since their breath control , sustain etc, just improves all the time.

also, if people say that the rougher, "older" sound is better, take your case up with that 17-sec scream of Given Up... :P

This, 100% :)

a scream can't carry a tune though... a scream is more a noise than a voice

Read what i said earlier. My english isn't very good so i didn't come up with a better word. If you didn't get my point, i don't know what else to say.

also, if people say that the rougher, "older" sound is better, take your case up with that 17-sec scream of Given Up... Posted Image

I only say it's better in case of some choruses including crawling. Bringing up the 17 second scream doesn't proove anything because we haven't heard chester's 2001 version of it. It could have sounded even better. But even if it wouldn't, that doesn't affect crawling in any way and that's what we were originally talking about, at least i was.

Read what i said earlier. My english isn't very good so i didn't come up with a better word. If you didn't get my point, i don't know what else to say.

I got your point perfectly, I guessed you meant more agression. but yes, the term "scream" probably confused me a little

Bringing up the 17 second scream doesn't proove anything because we haven't heard chester's 2001 version of it. It could have sounded even better. But even if it wouldn't, that doesn't affect crawling in any way and that's what we were originally talking about, at least i was.

i don't think Chester could have managed a scream that long back in the day.

we were mentioning his voice from this era overral, Crawling is a small part of that.

i don't think Chester could have managed a scream that long back in the day.

we were mentioning his voice from this era overral, Crawling is a small part of that.

Maybe he could have, maybe not, it's just speculation. He did at least show some potential with With You intro scream and And One bridge. We have no way of telling or prooving. Also yes, Crawling is only a small part, but there are other ones too. Just a few examples: Somewhere I Belong, Numb, One Step Closer, Faint. I still respect him, he sings how he wants, those songs are just examples which sounded better live to me.

I wouldn't really miss Crawling if they dropped it. They should keep A Place For My Head, Papercut and Points instead. But with Honda Civic tour coming up, they need to cut songs off of the setlist - not replacing them with other songs. Lol :)