Linkin Park To Perform On German TV Show June 2nd

[NiKmaN]

The German TV-Station 'ProSieben' just aired an advertisement for a TV-Show which will be aired live from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne on 2nd June 2012. LP was announced to perform live accompanied by a snippet of the Burn It Down chorus.

It's about 100% sure that LP will just perform 1 Song during the show like Dead By Sunrise did back in 2009 at the TV Total Stock Car Crash Challenge (see show page here) since the scheduled event is a TV Total production, too.

The Show is called 'Autoball EM 2012' and could be described as 1 vs 1 soccer game with two cars and a huge ball.

The last time LP performed in a German TV Show also was for TV Total on ProSieben in 2007 (see show page here) to promote their first Minutes to Midnight single: What I've Done.

Tickets: http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/tvtotal/specia...ll2012/tickets/

Here's a video of the performance:

Edited by Hahninator

To clarify this is no full show...just an tv appearance. So they'll only perform one song which will be burn it down of course...

will edit my post to clarify that, thanks!

Ah, damn you! Will delete my post ... :P

Haha, it's funny to see how fast news spread today!

Damn, awesome!

I really hope, LP makes a full show out of it the day after or before it, but I gonna be there for sure.

EDIT: AndOne is right of course. But maybe there's gonna be another show a day before RaR or..maybe..come one, let me hope ^^

I'm so excited now.. :D

Edited by Jats

this will probably be a semei-playback type of thing. setting up all the stuff for just one song in very little time would be to much effort.

when they played wid at tv total it was a different thing, they had the time to set up everything backstage and it was "static". with that autoball thing they will probably have to set up the stage during the commercials or something like that, and because of that they won't bring all of the necessary gear, and just hook up some mics and use amps etc. as "decoration".

I agree. LP would never do playback. They even forced Top Of The Pops back then to play live where like 95% of the bands / artists play playback too. It's all possible to set up gear pretty quickly, they basically do the same at festivals.

I agree. LP would never do playback. They even forced Top Of The Pops back then to play live where like 95% of the bands / artists play playback too. It's all possible to set up gear pretty quickly, they basically do the same at festivals.

This.

Plus the team that sets up their whole equipment at the concerts is always quick anyways, I think it's possible to do this in about 6 or 7 minutes.

But Linkin Park would never do playback, that I'm sure.

Whether or not they do a "playback" performance (whether fully lip synced or a combination of live vocals/canned music like DBS did) depends a lot on what the venue they're playing is equipped to handle. Usually when you play a TV performance, you have to use whatever PA setup they have in-house instead of using your own, and often times they won't have the necessary gear to handle a full live performance. Given that this is a similar type of program to DBS's 2009 performance, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they perform in a similar manner (especially since LP's show/stage setup is far more extensive than DBS's was).

Muse from Autoball 2010

Looks awesome but it's playback too.

My guess would be that they rather organize a decent PA then to actually use playback. I don't think they'd agree to play on this event knowing they have to play playback, since they avoided it every time in the past.

I belive that was at a normal gig, when mike used that vocoder thingy for one of the interludes. People thought it was playback because both the clean signal and the vocoder signal were audible, but that was achieved by splitting the signal and not by playback.

I'm sure they'll play the single, if these festival shows are almost the 'build up' to the Living Things release later this year, it seems likely that most TV/Radio/anything promo is going to be of the new single.

I also doubt they'll play "live", if other bands who seem unlikely to play in this semi-mime way have played like that (Muse) then I doubt the station'd make concessions for LP.

also, I don't think LP "forced" TOTP to have the song played without lip synch.

at the time of LP's performances, most performances involved a backing track but the bands had to at least sing live. LP played in 01 and 03 right? at which point the show was kind of waning in popularity, around the sort of time that studio PA equipment was getting better at making songs sound as slick as they doid on record and bands at the time were therefore being given the choice as to how they wanted to perform. LP played live, but that's not because they forced the producers to do anything...

I belive that was at a normal gig, when mike used that vocoder thingy for one of the interludes. People thought it was playback because both the clean signal and the vocoder signal were audible, but that was achieved by splitting the signal and not by playback.

No, I was talking about a show like this, for a TV.