Linkin Park To Perform On German TV Show June 2nd

[NiKmaN]

I'm sure they'll play the single, if these festival shows are almost the 'build up' to the Living Things release later this year, it seems likely that most TV/Radio/anything promo is going to be of the new single.

I also doubt they'll play "live", if other bands who seem unlikely to play in this semi-mime way have played like that (Muse) then I doubt the station'd make concessions for LP.

also, I don't think LP "forced" TOTP to have the song played without lip synch.

at the time of LP's performances, most performances involved a backing track but the bands had to at least sing live. LP played in 01 and 03 right? at which point the show was kind of waning in popularity, around the sort of time that studio PA equipment was getting better at making songs sound as slick as they doid on record and bands at the time were therefore being given the choice as to how they wanted to perform. LP played live, but that's not because they forced the producers to do anything...

I know for a fact that it was a really big deal for TOTP to have LP play without lip synching.

Muse from Autoball 2010

Looks awesome but it's playback too.

My guess would be that they rather organize a decent PA then to actually use playback. I don't think they'd agree to play on this event knowing they have to play playback, since they avoided it every time in the past.

If they made Muse lipsync, I'd be very surprised if LP doesn't do the same.

Muse had to lipsync at at least one other TV show in Italy. So they did it before / again, no idea what was first right now.

While in comparisson LP never did it before, I don't know that much about Muse but LP is very proud of their live abbilities and they usually put a lot of effort in their TV performances.

It's hard to say and guessing is kinda pointless but I don't think they'd lipsync. They even played shows in this place before, it should be either live or they should cancel it. People are not stupid and will see that it's lipsynced, I don't think they'll damaged their good live reputation just like that on German television, in a country where they play a lot of live shows.

Muse had to lipsync at at least one other TV show in Italy. So they did it before / again, no idea what was first right now.

While in comparisson LP never did it before, I don't know that much about Muse but LP is very proud of their live abbilities and they usually put a lot of effort in their TV performances.

It's hard to say and guessing is kinda pointless but I don't think they'd lipsync. They even played shows in this place before, it should be either live or they should cancel it. People are not stupid and will see that it's lipsynced, I don't think they'll damaged their good live reputation just like that on German television, in a country where they play a lot of live shows.

I don't know much about muse either but since everyone bangs on about how amazing their live show is, I figured they'd be in that same "we won't lipsynch" vein. and if they'd done it, what to stop the producers turning round to LP and telling them that's how it's going to be...?

but anyway, like you say, guessing is useless and we'll find out if they do when the broadcast happens...