Mike Confirms Album #5 Title: "Living Things"

Numbrocker

The SPIN review said that. It sounds a lot like HT and Meteora. Did you read that?

Have you given any snippet of Burn it Down a listen? Sounds nothing like HT or Meteora. I'm not saying it's representative of everything on the album, but don't wind yourself up into a frenzy and then scream about it here if/when you're wrong.

Now then.

I'm still not sold on the album title. Just not feeling it. However, I'm sure that the music (or Mike) will explain it soon enough, and even if I don't like it then, I'll at least get it. Moving on.

Mike really is a great writer. Not just in the songwriting sense, but when writing pieces like these. I enjoyed reading that blog post quite a bit. It gave a us a great (if brief) glimpse into the band's mindset the past five years that showed us a bit more than the Making Of documentaries didn't. All this has gotten me even more excited for the album.

Now, blowing over a hundred dollars on that Super Deluxe Fan Edition tomorrow (if the previous two album releases have set a precedent), not as exciting. >_>

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big big big day tomorrow... I AM SO EXCITED

This. I'll be up at 8am tomorrow to hear the single release on the radio. It's almost too much to take in. We'll be getting so much information in one day.

Mike's post was beautiful, and this album has so much potential that I'm dying to hear the whole thing.

Monday is the day!

And thanks to all of the members who've been so nice to me. I appreciate all the messages, and kindness. :)

Maybe tomorrow we can get the snippets of all the songs? 'cause we can pre-order the album

No way. I'm pretty sure the album isn't ready/mixed yet. They probably have decided which songs are making the final cut and that's why they're revealing the full tracklist tomorrow (I'm honestly surprised by that)

Hopefully LPTV episodes start soon so that we can get to hear some of the new music.

The SPIN review said that. It sounds a lot like HT and Meteora. Did you read that?

It's never wise to trust anyone but yourself when it comes to music. Besides, SPIN and Mike also said it's also a lot like their newer stuff combined. You can't just select which parts you want to believe lol.

Now, blowing over a hundred dollars on that Super Deluxe Fan Edition tomorrow (if the previous two album releases have set a precedent), not as exciting. >_>

This is what Mike said in the chat:

[12:26 AM] andreaslemesios: Will there be special edition for the new album like A Thousand Suns with the big vinyls?

[12:27 AM] mike: Deluxe - I don’t know yet

So I don't know if that option will be available. He also said

[12:25 AM] mike: (Many) album release dates: Monday.

So maybe it'll be released later.

To me, I think this album will sound like a mixture of MTM style and their old HT sound. I don't think it's going to sound ''nu-metal'' or ''heavy'', in moments it will be heavy (already confirmed to have some brutal screaming and guitar) but I don't think it will be a HT kind of style completely. I think everyone should wait to hear the full BID and the album before judging it.

Mike really is a great writer. Not just in the songwriting sense, but when writing pieces like these. I enjoyed reading that blog post quite a bit. It gave a us a great (if brief) glimpse into the band's mindset the past five years that showed us a bit more than the Making Of documentaries didn't.

+1

It would be really awesome if Mike were to write a book one day. Concerning LP or not, it would be really interesting and he has got a really nice flowing writing style.

This is what Mike said in the chat:

[12:26 AM] andreaslemesios: Will there be special edition for the new album like A Thousand Suns with the big vinyls?

[12:27 AM] mike: Deluxe - I don’t know yet

So I don't know if that option will be available. He also said

[12:25 AM] mike: (Many) album release dates: Monday.

So maybe it'll be released later.

Hrm - well, that could mean that he doesn't (or didn't this time) have a hand in that, but I highly doubt that. I really do want a nice, huge package to match my ATS one, and I can certainly afford it in a couple weeks once my band money finally comes in. We'll see.

Welcome back, by the way.

EDIT: Oh, and I think that last line refers to release dates for a multitude of countries, not different versions. Probably.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

This. I'll be up at 8am tomorrow to hear the single release on the radio. It's almost too much to take in. We'll be getting so much information in one day.

Mike's post was beautiful, and this album has so much potential that I'm dying to hear the whole thing.

Monday is the day!

And thanks to all of the members who've been so nice to me. I appreciate all the messages, and kindness. :)

Glad to see that you're back, <3 you :)

+1

It would be really awesome if Mike were to write a book one day. Concerning LP or not, it would be really interesting and he has got a really nice flowing writing style.

I'd read it. I remember somewhere in an interview, Chester said he has considered writing an autobiography, but he didn't end up doing it because some things are too personal. I would totally buy it, same goes for Mike if he wrote something. They both have interesting pasts and are both good artists.

Amazing blog entry by Mike. Very deep, i'm glad to be a Linkin Park Fan.

I can't wait for the new album, i'm fan since 2001 and the last couple of albums, MTM and ATS, to my taste are by far the best albums. So this Album have a lot of chances to be the best.

Looking forward for Living Things. :)

So when exactly is ''Burn It Down'' supposed to premiere tomorrow? Mike said early morning. I live in EST time zone... Any idea? I am going to purchase the track on iTunes, but I'm sure it will be released in OTHER ways before that.

Amazing blog entry by Mike. Very deep, i'm glad to be a Linkin Park Fan.

I can't wait for the new album, i'm fan since 2001 and the last couple of albums, MTM and ATS, to my taste are by far the best albums. So this Album have a lot of chances to be the best.

Looking forward for Living Things. :)

Oh, and sorry to Numbrocker02 for being a dick earlier in the thread.

Fixed that for you....

So when exactly is ''Burn It Down'' supposed to premiere tomorrow? Mike said early morning. I live in EST time zone... Any idea? I am going to purchase the track on iTunes, but I'm sure it will be released in OTHER ways before that.

I've heard 9 or 10am EST tomorrow morning but I can't confirm it.

My local radio station is saying 9 AM EST. And then they're going to play it on the hour every hour for the rest of the day.

I'd think that the premiere will be simultaneous worldwide. But of course some radio stations are probably going to break that and play it early.

Yeah I mean we haven't had any real detail on how this will drop for like, the UK for example. Only US? Even then, very vague!

I've been tweeting to the Radio 1 Twitter account but got no response. I don't know I'm guessing it'll be on Radio 1 at about 2pm.

Got this from their website

" 16 Apr 2012 19:00

Zane has new Linkin Park and Jack White tracks."

Edited by LinkinMark

Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Besides Burn It Down being released, we're getting an album cover, track list, and a release date.

Linkin Park is back ladies and gentlemen.

Let me just make a few predictions for the hell of it. If i'm wrong, i'm wrong. If i'm right, i'm right!

My predictions are: album cover will be in color but will not show any of the band members, the track list will have 13 tracks, and the release date will be June 5th.

Edited by FleshIntoGear

My predictions are: the track list will have 13 tracks, and the release date will be June 5th.

Track list will consist of 14 tracks

Album release date on June 26th

I think so... ;)

Edited by Sucre06