First US tour date confirmed?

SoxRock

Through its text messaging service and website, Boston radio station WAAF is claiming LP is coming to Mansfield, MA on August 14th with tickets on sale starting March 17th. They will be playing the Comcast Center, which they've played before on previous Projekt Revolution tours.

Of course, this has yet to be confirmed by the band but it looks like we've got our first US tour date. Regular tour or first P:R since 2008? Discuss!

Through its text messaging service and website, Boston radio station WAAF is claiming LP is coming to Mansfield, MA on 8/14 with tickets on sale starting March 17th. Could LPU presales for a U.S. Tour be announced as soon as today?

Source:

http://www.waaf.com/pages/3504018.php

I've been waiting soooooooooooo long for this. Thanks for the good news. I'm not even worried for my midterm tonight now. You just made my day.

If this turns out to be right they probably go on sale very soon. They do this every time, very annoying if you ask me.

I don't like it. This recent trend of announcing shows (not just LP, most acts) and then having the tickets go on sale shortly after isn't fun. I like to have a long notice beforehand so if I don't have money at the time I can get the money ready. :(

I don't like it. This recent trend of announcing shows (not just LP, most acts) and then having the tickets go on sale shortly after isn't fun. I like to have a long notice beforehand so if I don't have money at the time I can get the money ready. :(

Same here. They're actually playing near me for once but I do NOT have the funds to buy tickets if they go on sale, like, next week.

I wonder if they will play the uk i know there Not doing a festival cose all the main uk festivals have there headliners now so lp could only do a PR again or a arena tour but i thourt they would have anouced a uk gig by now

I hope this is true... Totally buying a front row pit ticket if it is. I haven't seen LP in Mansfield since 2008! Massachusetts is my home state, so I always am happy when they play here. They played Boston last year, but it's not the same! I hope this is a Projekt Revolution date. I also hope there is an official announcement soon with more US dates - I want to attend as many as I can.

I hope this is true... Totally buying a front row pit ticket if it is. I haven't seen LP in Mansfield since 2008! Massachusetts is my home state, so I always am happy when they play here. They played Boston last year, but it's not the same! I hope this is a Projekt Revolution date. I also hope there is an official announcement soon with more US dates - I want to attend as many as I can.

As the OP said, LiveNation presale is Saturday, gotta think that LPU presale would be Friday at the latest, and the tour would be announced Thursday night at the latest following that logic.

As the OP said, LiveNation presale is Saturday, gotta think that LPU presale would be Friday at the latest, and the tour would be announced Thursday night at the latest following that logic.

Hell yeah. The minute the pre-sale tickets go up, I'm buying right away.

Wtf...Why. LP is from North America. We didn't even get a PR at all the last album cycle. We got one US tour, that was in the winter, and Chester canceled a bunch of shows and LP never made them up, they even canceled the last show of the ATS tour in Florida that I bought hotel and plane tickets for. Didn't make that up either. Does the band only play Europe now? All they do is play a million shows there. What about the US fans? What about South American fans? What about Australian fans? What about African fans? What about Russian fans? What about Canadian fans? What about Asian fans? Like wtf.

Wtf...Why. LP is from North America. We didn't even get a PR at all the last album cycle. We got one US tour, that was in the winter, and Chester canceled a bunch of shows and LP never made them up, they even canceled the last show of the ATS tour in Florida that I bought hotel and plane tickets for. Didn't make that up either. Does the band only play Europe now? All they do is play a million shows there. What about the US fans? What about South American fans? What about Australian fans? What about African fans? What about Russian fans? What about Canadian fans? What about Asian fans? Like wtf.

Lol dude, I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe this date is real and they didn't want it to leak, so they're denying it. Maybe it isn't real, but there still will be a US tour/Projekt Rev this summer. And maybe it isn't real and there won't be a tour this summer, but as long as they have an album coming out, they'll still support it with a US tour at some point.

I'm frustrated by the lack of dates too, I bought tickets for the Verizon Center show which they cancelled instead of postponing, but it's not like they do these things to screw over their fans. Of course they play a lot in Europe, that's where their biggest fans are, it's unfortunate for people like us who want to see LP live, but it only makes sense.

Let's give it a few days/weeks and see how things play out.

The only reason I am frustrated is because last year, I bought tickets for the Uncasville, CT show, the show on Mike's birthday during the US tour. Chester got sick, which is understandable, and they canceled. We at least got money back. I then bought tickets for the Pensacola show, and I also made hotel reservations and flight plans, everything. And LP canceled on me almost last minute because of Chester's arm needing surgery, yet he could go out and play a DBS show, etc. Kind of sucks. I didn't get ticket refunds because DeLuna wouldn't let me, I also wasted a ton of money on hotel reservations and flight tickets. I just want to see my favorite band live again!!!

We'll see what happens. I never claimed the news to be 100% confirmed. I just woke up this morning with the text message and found it on their site. All "big" shows I've ever been to have had WAAF early confirmation and they have never been wrong.

I'm not saying that WAAF is right, but I feel they're pretty accurate and I think we still will hear something this week.

We'll see what happens. I never claimed the news to be 100% confirmed. I just woke up this morning with the text message and found it on their site. All "big" shows I've ever been to have had WAAF early confirmation and they have never been wrong.

I'm not saying that WAAF is right, but I feel they're pretty accurate and I think we still will hear something this week.

Hopefully....we need this tour!