Most depressing LP song

Geki

Valentine's Day but I fucking love it. Even the first time I heard it I noticed the way Chester sings it He sounds SO depressed and emotional even with the first line or 2. Great, great song.

I think that's why I love Valentine's Day so much. The way Chester sings it, it's so emotional and you can feel where he is coming from. Especially if you know the meaning behind the lyrics. When I first heard the title before MTM came out, I thought I would hate this song. But then I heard it when MTM leaked and I fell in love with it, it's a great live song too, IMO.

I wouldn't say the songs depress me. Their softer songs used to be the only way I ever could really feel emotion it used to seem, which is why I love the songs, Numb, Pushing me away(live piano version), and Breaking the habit so much. Linkin Park is truly an amazing band, they used to be all I had before I found myself, which is why no matter how much they change, there will always be that part of me that is loyal to them. :)

Issho Ni. This song has that kind of vibe which is really dark and deppressing to me. And the fact it was created after the disaster in Japan makes that vibe stronger. It doesn't have words, and it doesn't need them, the music really speaks for itself

Issho Ni. This song has that kind of vibe which is really dark and deppressing to me. And the fact it was created after the disaster in Japan makes that vibe stronger. It doesn't have words, and it doesn't need them, the music really speaks for itself

It's strange...every time I listen to songs like Issho Ni or Not Alone, I always end up getting a positive vibe for some odd reason... Like it gives me this weird feeling, like I'm not alone with whatever is going on, and I don't know if the people suffering in Japan or Haiti feel that from the music, but maybe they do. Maybe I'm the only person that feels like this.

Recently, I have been listening to 'What We Don't Know' from LPUX, it's pretty depressing...not much hope in that song. I think it's about Chester and Sam's split, like many songs on MTM, plus it was one of the first songs recorded for MTM. SOURCE: Brad in the LPUX Newsletter.

It's strange...every time I listen to songs like Issho Ni or Not Alone, I always end up getting a positive vibe for some odd reason... Like it gives me this weird feeling, like I'm not alone with whatever is going on, and I don't know if the people suffering in Japan or Haiti feel that from the music, but maybe they do. Maybe I'm the only person that feels like this.

I have the same feeling about Not Alone, but Issho Ni is different to me. The harmonies at the end of the song make me think "ouch, some people are suffering right now". They kind of show a painfull message to my mind.

And also, I'm intrigued, did Brad say WWDK was one of the first song written during MTM era? I know it's his favorite LPUX song and that its was created during the MTM process, but one of the first?

I have the same feeling about Not Alone, but Issho Ni is different to me. The harmonies at the end of the song make me think "ouch, some people are suffering right now". They kind of show a painfull message to my mind.

And also, I'm intrigued, did Brad say WWDK was one of the first song written during MTM era? I know it's his favorite LPUX song and that its was created during the MTM process, but one of the first?

I misinterpreted what he said in the newsletter, I just checked. He said they started in the MTM writing process and left it how it was and stopped working on it...I'm assuming it was written either at the Korn Studio or maybe it made it to the Houdini House sessions.

Well, I see...anyway, despite the fact the lyrics of WWDK are not very optimistic, the general vibe of the song and the catchy chorus give this song a positive vibe to me. But it's because of my opinion, I've always though the instrumental of a song is the most important thing to make a song feel positive or negative.

For example, there's a depeche mode song which is titled "Sometimes I wish I was dead", which is a pretty dark name, but the song in itself have a hilarous instrumental...which isn't depressing at all :P