LP are back in the studio

sian18

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're working on fixing up those "50-60 songs" they had last year in December-January, right before the start of the "Making of ATS", I'm going to rotflol so hard at you guys for doubting me, that my nuts will fall off and rotflol as well

What did we doubt you about again?

am i one of the only ones that believes that the cd will come out next year> im mean yes they have been slow at releasing albums but they said they wanted to write more music more often and also there was two years between HT (2001) and Meteora (2003) and they toured for Hybrid Theory. so I belive we could see it next year

Let's see here...

Hybrid Theory (Fall 2000)

Meteora (Spring 2003)

Minutes To Midnight (Late spring/early summer 2007)

A Thousand Suns (Early fall 2010)

I'd say we get the new album in 2013 sometime, probably early/late spring. I just hope the wait isn't as long as the wait was for MTM, I've always been a LP fan since like 2001 but I didn't become a 'hardcore' LP fan til late 2004. That sucked because that was when LP went on hiatus and the wait for MTM seemed like it took FOREVER. Even the wait for ATS seemed really long.

Glad they are back in the studio! I hope they get a little heavy again, I usually get bashed for saying it but ATS didn't really do anything for me. I don't know if it was lack of guitar, heavy music, or just not enough full songs. Sure there was Blackout and Wretches and those were pleasing. But I hope they for a more rock sound this album or whatever you want to call it. :D

Glad they are back in the studio! I hope they get a little heavy again, I usually get bashed for saying it but ATS didn't really do anything for me. I don't know if it was lack of guitar, heavy music, or just not enough full songs. Sure there was Blackout and Wretches and those were pleasing. But I hope they for a more rock sound this album or whatever you want to call it. :D

i comepltely agree, more rock

Buddy Don't forget we had FM and DBS between these. I dont think thats gonna happen again.

Um, we had FM before MTM was even half way completed, and Mike toured with FM but it didn't interfere with MTM at all. DBS was only about half a year of a couple shows and some tours, nothing major, and hardly interfered with ATS.

What did we doubt you about again?

Back when it was said they want to release an album before 2012, I was one of the people who said "hey it's possible" due mainly because they could take 12 songs from this "pool" of songs they supposedly have, finish them up, and release the album.

Mainly, I just wanted to be able to say "you guys doubt me, but just wait, just wait" :lol:

Back when it was said they want to release an album before 2012, I was one of the people who said "hey it's possible" due mainly because they could take 12 songs from this "pool" of songs they supposedly have, finish them up, and release the album.

Mainly, I just wanted to be able to say "you guys doubt me, but just wait, just wait" :lol:

Ah yes, the album in 2011 posts. I was one of your doubters. The battle continues.

The cold truth is that they are the ones wasting their potential with these really long album delays. I mean who is going to want to hear a 50 year old bunch of guys put out rock songs...it doesn't work well. Their time is limited, and they will always be my favorite band, but they have to take advantage of the time that they have...

Ah, the sweet and innocent Rick Rubins...

In all seriousness, I'd like a heavier album this time around. I feel like a nice heavy LP album to blow the haters away...

I'd love a heavy album too, but I don't think LP will ever make heavy rock songs again. They seem to have stopped with ATS. MTM had a bunch of awesome hard rock songs, but for some reason, ATS had nothing heavy. I don't consider Blackout to be heavy, the vocals are just a little screamy but the outro kills that song. I think the 5th album will just be a more toned down version of ATS, probably all REALLLLLLLYYYYYY sloooowwwww soft songs, since that's what LP is now.

I'd love a heavy album too, but I don't think LP will ever make heavy rock songs again. They seem to have stopped with ATS. MTM had a bunch of awesome hard rock songs, but for some reason, ATS had nothing heavy. I don't consider Blackout to be heavy, the vocals are just a little screamy but the outro kills that song. I think the 5th album will just be a more toned down version of ATS, probably all REALLLLLLLYYYYYY sloooowwwww soft songs, since that's what LP is now.

I saw in an interview with Chester (don't know where it was), that said they still DO write heavy music. They'd written really heavy songs for both MTM and ATS (Qwerty being a case in point). They just felt for whatever reason that the more melodic music they wrote was stronger.

Maybe, this time around they'll write some heavy songs they think are excellent and put them on the album. I love their downbeat stuff, but they still have the potential to write heavy music.

The most interesting fact is that we don't have a single clue how the album will sound like. Every other band follows a central theme, but LP always changes their direction... Nobody expected a "Minutes To Midnight" or "A Thousand Suns" after releasing two heavy albums.

Will they create new sounds? Will they go back to their roots? We don't know and this is pretty interesting in my opinion :)

yay new album in 2015! :P

Stop that stupid shit chat and stop making fun of the band!

It's not that we have to wait like 5 or 6 years for a new album every time!

Also it's better waiting 3 years for a new album and having good songs than having a new album every year with another compilation of shit songs.