LP are back in the studio

sian18

I'd love a heavy album too, but I don't think LP will ever make heavy rock songs again. They seem to have stopped with ATS. MTM had a bunch of awesome hard rock songs, but for some reason, ATS had nothing heavy. I don't consider Blackout to be heavy, the vocals are just a little screamy but the outro kills that song. I think the 5th album will just be a more toned down version of ATS, probably all REALLLLLLLYYYYYY sloooowwwww soft songs, since that's what LP is now.

I disagree with you there, I think "when they come for me" & "wretches & kings" rival Given up & No More sorrow in terms of sheer heavyness. Like Chester has said before, a song doesn't have to be metal to be heavy. Heck, even the Catalyst is pretty heavy next to many of MtM's soft tracks, and that was pretty much all electronic.

But Anyway, I too would love LP's next album to be a real heavy one. With or without guitars. I'd like something darker too. LP are great at creepy atmospheric stuff like Wake/the Requiem. I'd love for a full album to sound like those intros.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw in an interview with Chester (don't know where it was), that said they still DO write heavy music. They'd written really heavy songs for both MTM and ATS (Qwerty being a case in point). They just felt for whatever reason that the more melodic music they wrote was stronger.

Maybe, this time around they'll write some heavy songs they think are excellent and put them on the album. I love their downbeat stuff, but they still have the potential to write heavy music.

eah, the do still hae potential to write heav music and i hope they have lost more heavy songs on the next album compared to two on ATS.... and they need better heavy songs too, some nu-metal songs would be perfect imo. i mean the are onl gonna get older so the band should write nu-metal songs while Chester will still be able to sing them

I disagree with you there, I think "when they come for me" & "wretches & kings" rival Given up & No More sorrow in terms of sheer heavyness. Like Chester has said before, a song doesn't have to be metal to be heavy. Heck, even the Catalyst is pretty heavy next to many of MtM's soft tracks, and that was pretty much all electronic.

But Anyway, I too would love LP's next album to be a real heavy one. With or without guitars. I'd like something darker too. LP are great at creepy atmospheric stuff like Wake/the Requiem. I'd love for a full album to sound like those intros.

Everything on ATS is beat heavy, not vocally heavy. I want something vocally heavy with some heavy guitars and drums.

Everything on ATS is beat heavy, not vocally heavy. I want something vocally heavy with some heavy guitars and drums. Which is why I like DBS more than I did ATS, because I know LP will never make heavy rock music anymore, which DBS does, and it has the same singer.