Camp Freddy with Chester @ Roxy

LESTAT

Posted by Mike on his blog:

Chester sang with Camp Freddy tonight. It was a KILLER performance. Chester was unreal (as usual--that's my boy!). He graciously shared the stage with the incredible talent of: Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers), Slash & Matt Sorum (GnR, Velvet Revolver), Steve Stevenson (Billy Idol), Chris Cheney (The Living End), Billy Morrison (The Cult), Mark McGrath (Sugar Ray), Steve Jones (Sex Pistols), and Frankie Perez (Scars On Broadway). The guys basically get together and sing a night full of their favorite cover songs, which included songs like "Whole Lotta Love," "Paradise City," and "Rebel Yell."

Check out these awesome youtube videos!

Mountain Song

Ace Of Spades

Whole Lotta Love

Update:

Paradise City

Awesome!!! It's great to see him get better enough to perform.

Really nice performance. He did have one of the best voice in the world.

Is Mike over there bouncing??? lol

Mike: That's my boy! --> Make me laugh XD He sounds like a really proud father.

Mike: That's my boy! --> Make me laugh XD He sounds like a really proud father.

Yeah, I like this sincere respekt and admiration that Mike seems to have for Chester, and I think vice versa. Reminds me of that cool thing he did after Crawling during this recent make-up show in Albuquerque. There was no Chris Cornell at that show, so Chester was alone on Crawling, and referring to Chester usually calling Chris the "greatest voice in Rock'n Roll" at that point, Mike stepped in and told Chester, "you're the best singer in Rock'n Roll. That's you."

I don't know ... just an incredibly great gesture, and heartfelt, it seemd.

EDIT

Btw, since the other news thread seems to be deserted already, check this out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8WAWDQET

Edited by thefly

p.s. i posted this in the Got News section before it was up on here, why wasnt it moved?

Usually I am the one that oversees the moving of news from "Got News?" to "Newswire", but I was at school when this went up. LESTAT didn't check "Got News?" I guess. It's not that big of a deal honestly, but I still apologize. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again :)

And damn Chester has one of the best voices in rock and roll. For some reason he sounds much better with this Camp Freddy shit than he does with LP. Well, I mean not MUCH better but he absolutely OWNS this shit. His voice blends with the rock songs so well. Whole Lotta Love is SICK.

Full setlist isn't up on the Camp Freddy site but check this:

XMAS ROXY #4

12-23-2008

LOS ANGELES, CA

XMAS ROXY #3

12-16-2008

LOS ANGELES, CA

Fuck yeah! I hope we see Chester again with them at these shows! :)

Fantastic news! This really made my day. I really love Chester's sets with Camp Freddy as it really shows off his rock'n'roll side. I so hope the whole performance in high quality will turn up. Chester is da man, ohh yeah baby!!!

PS: I also love the high respect that Mike and Chester have for each other. I hadn't been collecting all of the shows but I'll have to download that Crawling song so I can hear Mike's comments to Chester. I love those "awwww" moments. :)

PS: I also love the high respect that Mike and Chester have for each other. I hadn't been collecting all of the shows but I'll have to download that Crawling song so I can hear Mike's comments to Chester. I love those "awwww" moments. :)

In case you want to download just one song to I think you have to get In The End, Mike's comment was cut to the next track ...

Oh my God, those are brillant performances! Totally loved 'em! I would have never thought Chester could even bring out the Lemmy :D

By the way, did anyone besides me notice that the one who uploaded all the videos on YouTube wrote in a description: "Look for a Camp Freedy CD / DVD soon"! That would TOTALLY rock, and I'm sure we could see some of Chester's performances in high quality! :)

A DVD! Hell yeah!!!!

Review from ArtistDirect:

Next came a true clash of the titans. Bassist Chris Chaney began churning out the slow, ominous roll at the beginning of Jane's Addiction's "Mountain Song," and suddenly Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington took to the stage. A torrent of energy spread through the building, and everything erupted. Watching Chester with Camp Freddy is like bridging the generational gap. Chester showcased a vocal prowess and style that matched the legends beside him. He can hold his own alongside former Guns N' Roses and Jane's Addiction members, fitting right in. In fact, his presence caused a surge, as he simply killed the song's chorus. At the same time, Navarro conjured Hendrix on the solo and unleashed his best lead of the evening. Their chemistry was palpable and infectious.

However, it got better. Slash stormed the stage during Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love." He oscillated between strange toggle switch schizophrenia and mind-blowing fretwork. Slash simply bled soul all over the stage, as he and Chester brought the show to rapturous heights. Sorum nailed the drum break, injecting it with a tribal flair. As Slash tore through "Paradise City" with Chester singing, it was hard to believe Camp Freddy could top this. However, there's no doubt they will—probably next week.