Issho Ni

Dipsytito

From Mike's blog:

This is "Issho Ni," the Linkin Park song we contributed to www.downloadtodonate.org. I saw a bunch of comments that: 1.) you thought it should have been structured in a different way because you wanted more "action" earlier in the song, and 2.) you thought there should have been vocals. I'll tell you what: you guys edit it, add vocals, sample it, do whatever you like--I'll let you finish the song. The vocals don't have to be about Japan, they can be about whatever. Sing, rap, rearrange, remix, write new material, whatever....and I'll post the best versions I hear up here on www.mikeshinoda.com.

Edit: Mike removed the post on his blog

Edited by Dipsytito

This seems kind of bitchy, whether it was meant to be or not. Like, "you think it should've been like this? then fuck you, go make it like that then".

Just my impression.

Wholeheartedly agreed, granted I dont think its the best but im not sitting there telling Mike what should have been done. Ouch lol

I think the band should have been fully involved with this instead of just Mike. Mike is only one member of LP and probably my least favorite member of the band besides, so I am a little biased, but still. There should have been some vocals, giving the actual people suffering some hope from their favorite band, like Not Alone.

I like the idea that Linkin Park would enable their fans to express individually how to feel about Japan... the song's title seems to work well with that idea. Obviously, the 'right thing to do' is to use the opportunity to support Japan, in a way you see fit, instead of worrying about notoriety or getting your name thrown up on MS.com. Or whining about their intentions or what Mike said. Don't make it about what they can do for you, it's not for you. "We're in this together," remember?

EDIT -- That said, I'm a little upset that MS took down the post with stems, because I think that would've been an absolutely great idea.

Edited by Reflectionist

This seems kind of bitchy, whether it was meant to be or not. Like, "you think it should've been like this? then fuck you, go make it like that then".

Just my impression.

I don't blame him.

This was a quick little song made in a week to be included on an album thats sole purpose of existence is to benefit the thousands of people who are suffering from an earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown/all hell breaking loose situation, and a bunch of people are on the soundcloud bitching about how it's boring.

"cry me a fucking river you ass-clowns." is probably what I would have said. I'm not surprised he took down the post either, the song was made for Japan, not a remixing contest. it might look like he was using the situation in Japan for self-promotion.

I don't blame him.

This was a quick little song made in a week to be included on an album thats sole purpose of existence is to benefit the thousands of people who are suffering from an earthquake/tsunami/nuclear meltdown/all hell breaking loose situation, and a bunch of people are on the soundcloud bitching about how it's boring.

"cry me a fucking river you ass-clowns." is probably what I would have said. I'm not surprised he took down the post either, the song was made for Japan, not a remixing contest. it might look like he was using the situation in Japan for self-promotion.

I agree with you somewhat, and somewhat I disagree, as well. I understand that the song was made for the benefit of the people suffering in Japan and it wasn't made to please fans. But I also think that they should have contributed something worth while. Believe it or not, a lot of people would donate if it were say, a rare LP demo or b-side with complete vocals, or something cool that we for some reason don't have like a studio cover of 20 Eyes by DBS, compared to something like Issho Ni. I personally think Issho Ni is a decent track, but it's nothing great whatsoever...

I agree with you somewhat, and somewhat I disagree, as well. I understand that the song was made for the benefit of the people suffering in Japan and it wasn't made to please fans. But I also think that they should have contributed something worth while. Believe it or not, a lot of people would donate if it were say, a rare LP demo or b-side with complete vocals, or something cool that we for some reason don't have like a studio cover of 20 Eyes by DBS, compared to something like Issho Ni. I personally think Issho Ni is a decent track, but it's nothing great whatsoever...

It is a sad but true fact that people's donations depend on the quality of the music, even though the music is just supposed to be a bonus.

It is a sad but true fact that people's donations depend on the quality of the music, even though the music is just supposed to be a bonus.

Is it sad...but it is true. I didn't mean to offend you or anything, I was just saying a lot of people are like that. I donate either way.

Blog entry's back up... but no stems. Doesn't sound like there were any to begin with...

Perhaps Mike meant additions to the actual music track, not stems. I could be wrong though as I'm just aware of the blog post by Mike in the first place.

Sorry I've been away for a long time, a lot of personal issues, but I'm back and feeling a lot better.