Live video for Waiting For The End

SpikeMinoda

Hey everyone,

In celebration of the current leg of our world tour, we're putting together a LIVE video for "Waiting for the End," and we want it to be filmed by you. We think the world should see the show from your perspective. Here's what we want you to do: If you are attending our January 26th show in Chicago, or January 28th in St. Paul, pull out your camera or phone when we play "Waiting for the End," and capture your best footage. We don't only want to see the band on stage; we want to see you in the crowd, your friends, the people around you singing, even footage from the parking lot or outside and around the venue...whatever you think looks cool.

Afterwards, starting at 12:00 noon on January 27, go to this link and there will be instructions on how to upload your video. Include your Twitter handle if you want a shout out in our official video. Don't worry about the audio. We're handling that part for you. And keep it clean, please. Your final day to submit is January 29.

-Joe

Source: lp.com

Awesome idea. Kinda reminds me of what Poets of the Fall (a really nice rock band from Finland, definitely worth checking out, by the way) did with their video to "The Ultimate Fling". They too let the camera duties to the fans and their equipment and the result was quite decent :) I'm expecting something

:) Edited by Nook

Well shit, apparently the video uploader for this only accepts .mov video files. They aren't going to get many submissions when they rule out the majority of people who film video at any given show...

*Edit* It also accepts anything in a .zip file...I threw my footage into one, hopefully that'll work for them, but I'm not holding my breath.

Encode the original to .mov? Maybe?

Meh. My footage isn't particularly high quality to begin with, I'd rather not if at all possible. :lol:

I'll throw my videos up on my Youtube either way, whether they use my footage or not.

Meh. My footage isn't particularly high quality to begin with, I'd rather not if at all possible. :lol:

I'll throw my videos up on my Youtube either way, whether they use my footage or not.

Oh just do it. You know you want to. I wanna see some low quality shit make the video. Like, worse than those old 'videopimp' mpeg files of Rock am Ring 2004 that we all had forever!