Australian Tour Recap

hahninator

My, what a nice tour that just took place for Linkin Park. I can't recall any 9 show run ever having this much happen in terms of the band changing things up and doing special things on stage. To save space (or face? lol) I'll just run through everything the band has done in 9 shows in Australia.

Starting the tour off in Brisbane (show page here), the band played the exact same setlist at the first three shows. So why in the world did I call this a "great" tour? Well, in Newcastle (show page here), they brought up ole Pez to play guitar on 'Faint'. This followed Chris being pulled up in Birmingham, UK for 'Crawling' and the two guys at the LPU Summit in London playing 'Faint'. In Burswood (show page here), Monty was called up to play 'Faint' as well.

On the 9th in Adelaide (show page here), something must have struck LP since they debuted a brand new setlist. It really was a combination of the London night 2 new setlist and the regular "A Thousand Suns" Tour setlist, but hey, any change is welcome! 'Crawling' and 'New Divide'/'Faint' (2009 epic encore, anyone?) were stuck in the encore and 'The Radiance' went into 'Leave Out All The Rest' (lol). To top that off, a fan was brought on stage to play guitar on 'Faint' then as well.

At show number one in Melbourne (show page here), we got my personal favorite 'Reading My Eyes' (!!!) thrown over the intro of 'Bleed It Out'. 'High Voltage' was requested at the M&G instead but hey, I'll take 'Reading My Eyes' any day!

So besides fans playing guitar on 'Faint' and a new changed up setlist, nothing really happened until show number SIX (of 9, by the way) of the tour, which happened to be night number two in Melbourne (show page here)! After fans had reported hearing both of them being soundchecked at almost every show of the tour (even 5-6 times in Brisbane!), the heavily requested 'Blackout' and 'Burning In The Skies' made their live debuts! 'Blackout' had a mighty strong reception from fans since it ended up coming off strong live, but 'Burning In The Skies' in the eyes of many fans needs a bit more work. No worry though, as I'm sure the song will be good to go after a few shows on the 2011 tour. Thanks to whoever convinced the band at the Melbourne M&G to play them!

What else is cool is that Rob brought his drum solo on 'Bleed It Out' back. Now that sure was random but definitely cool! The next show was on the 15th for night number two in Sydney (show page here). The lucky man Pez found his way up on stage AGAIN for the SECOND time on the tour to play 'Faint' while his brother Brad played bass on the song for the first time ever by a fan. Wow! The LPU Summit (hey, almost forgot about that) took place at that show and featured 'The Little Things Give You Away' and 'The Messenger' played acoustically. While there was no soundcheck for the fans at this Summit (darn!), I still think it was a pretty cool Summit.

An interesting note is that 'Points Of Authority' didn't make any appearances on this run of shows but 'From The Inside' was played many times (Chester even brought his intro scream back, doing it longer than most 2009 shows).

The Australian DSPs can be discussed here. Perth has a messed up cover image (corrupted) so you can find the FIXED one right here. Our 2010 setlist pages courtesy of Astat are coming soon, and we'll link up the 'Faint' (& 'Crawling') on stage guitar playing experiences to that as well.

One last thing... we're still missing TICKET STUBS, PICTURES, wristbands, LPU Summit passes, setlists, EVERYTHING from Australia. Just take a look at how empty the show pages are for Australia! So if you went to these shows and have any of those things listed above, get 'em to us! Attach them in a reply to this post, email them to siteadmin@lplive.net, email them to me...anything. We'd love to get them and load up the show pages with really cool stuff. We take anything and everything so now is a great time since the tour is over to send your stuff in! Thanks!

/tourrecap. So I think that SHOULD cover it for Australia and if I missed anything, feel free to add it in a comment. What did you guys think of the tour? Although we didn't get any Jay-Z collaborations with the band, I still think it was a great tour. LP rarely debuts songs like that in the middle of a tour...sweet huh? Did you guys like the Australian Tour? Who's ready for North America in 2011?

Post your favorite videos from the tour, your favorite moments, your favorite SHOW....discuss!

christ you got my video in there quick!!! well done!

great tour re-cap! got some sweet videos coming. currently uploading pez playing faint in newcastle mixed with the DSP audio to FB - youtube will be next... the results are pretty good so can't wait to see what my videos for blackout/burning in the skies/wretches and lfy look/sound like from sydney night 2!!!

I rate this tour as a sucess if only for the live debut of "Burning in the Skies" and "Black Out." I'm also one of the few (?) who loved BITS live. Not as "epic" as the album version but raw and different enough to be a great pay-off to a couple months of teasing it in the "Bleed it Out" bridge. Can't wait for the DSP's and of course the US tour!

Note from Adelaide:

Joe's pad didn't work/wasn't turned up for the start of Numb up till the first verse. Expect this to be fixed on the DSP.

Looking forward to the Adelaide DSP. LP was very solid in 2007, and again this year.

Edited by Braininator

It was a fantastic tour, both shows I went to were incredible!

By the way, I emailed my ticket stub from the first Sydney show almost a week ago but there still isn't anything on the show page. So I'll try and send it through again.

I still think it isn't fair to pull out one guy for TWO times on faint.

There are that many people who can actually play this song. They should rather play that song alone instead of giving that fucking huge moment to one guy for two times... That's not okay in my oppinion.

But I think there aren't many who are thinking the same way about it...

A better support act have been good. Also POA and another old song would have been good (A meet and greet would have been nice as well), other than that a pretty good tour. Hopefully they don't take another FUCKING 3 years before coming back again

Agreed that 3 years is too long between Aus tours! Disagree with the bagging of LP pulling up Pez twice! No one else offered so why not!In terms of tix etc I should be able to get Canberra and some of Syd up but today is day 2 of 8 straight working so may take a while!

There are that many people who can actually play this song. They should rather play that song alone instead of giving that fucking huge moment to one guy for two times... That's not okay in my oppinion.

Agreed that 3 years is too long between Aus tours! Disagree with the bagging of LP pulling up Pez twice! No one else offered so why not!In terms of tix etc I should be able to get Canberra and some of Syd up but today is day 2 of 8 straight working so may take a while!

Can I get this straight because I've seen me getting bagged out a little on two different topics.

Kurtis can back me up on this. I waited until the very end of the line (Well before the photo people because they had to be at the end of the line) to make sure if anyone else got in first they could go. I actually had no intentions on getting up their again. When I got to the table they guys remembered me and thanked me for Newcastle. I introduced my brother and said hes a bass player. Then Mike and Chester begun to discuss along with Dave about it. I got the rest of my stuff signed and went to the back of the group for the photo. As I was there Tim Solar came and said you guys are too short to be back here. Come to the front for the picture. As we came back to the front Mike goes "Pez, I wasnt to sure about doing it but Dave was interested. But you got Chester's vote so were going to bring both you and your brother up on Faint"

And thats what pretty much happened.

Always look forward to reading your tour reviews Hahninator.

This Australian tour has been awesome, to hear the long awaited debut of BITS and Blackout in person in the one show plus also bringing back Rob's drum solo for the first time this tour (Is that right?) made it that extra special.

Sad to see its all over now but hopefully we will see LP back soon. Thanks for the memories.

Edited by Jozzie

Can I get this straight because I've seen me getting bagged out a little on two different topics. Kurtis can back me up on this. I waited until the very end of the line (Well before the photo people because they had to be at the end of the line) to make sure if anyone else got in first they could go. I actually had no intentions on getting up their again. When I got to the table they guys remembered me and thanked me for Newcastle. I introduced my brother and said hes a bass player. Then Mike and Chester begun to discuss along with Dave about it. I got the rest of my stuff signed and went to the back of the group for the photo. As I was there Tim Solar came and said you guys are too short to be back here. Come to the front for the picture. As we came back to the front Mike goes "Pez, I wasnt to sure about doing it but Dave was interested. But you got Chester's vote so were going to bring both you and your brother up on Faint" And thats what pretty much happened.

Yeah its true.. Pez and his bro were at the back of the line and the decision came just as final preps were being made for the photo.. Pez and Brad were right in front of me! And that's wen I finally met those dudes!

Yeah its true.. Pez and his bro were at the back of the line and the decision came just as final preps were being made for the photo.. Pez and Brad were right in front of me! And that's wen I finally met those dudes!

Haha and the funny thing was As me and Mike were talking. This bloke was Already typing out his post about it hahaha.

you are in a minority that's for sure. pez is correct - i was in the line when i heard mike say exactly what pez has already quoted - and i was right near the end of the line. give the guy a break dude...

hey guys, a quick heads up... currently uploading my recording of blackout from the sydney show on the 15th... in full this time and quality is pretty good :) will be up on my youtube channel within 65 minutes apparently :)

thanks