A Thousand Suns - Interludes

Mystery

I just listened to the whole album without interludes. The album didn't flow as weird as I thought it would. In fact, besides some of the odd transitions I really liked it without the interludes. My thought was, interludes are cool the first few times, but are they really neccessary to have unless you want to give the whole album a spin? I never can see myself walking outside jamming to Oppenheimer speaking over digital noises, or crickets. In fact, those tracks make me want to sleep. I can listen to Jornada Del Muerto though but the other 5 interludes, I can do without. I just took the interludes off my ipod. No losses there. That's the first time I ever took 6 tracks off ipod that probably added up to 6 minutes in length.

What about you all?

one thing i did not like about ATS was the interludes. yeah, they are cool the first couple times, but they just get annoying, and are wasted space. I wish ATS had more full songs. I don't care for the interludes, i never listen to them, and i wish ATS had more full songs. I'm doing your idea and listening to the album without the interludes. Usually i just skip them, but that doean't change the transitions. so i made a playlist with the songs only.

ATS without interludes is like LPLive.net without Legend. =\

+1

from my point of view, the only interulde that shouldn't be a separate song it's empty spaces... the cricket noise is to when they come for me as the bomb sounds were for "one" in metallica's black album.

i know the radiance, and wisdom justice and love are speeches, they aren't made to be heard everytime you hear songs in your iPod, they're there to give sense to the album. but as for The requiem, Jornada del Muerto and Fallout, they're pretty much instrumental material, i don't see anything wrong here, it's not like that would be different from wake or even session, because the songs aren't that short.

When I was listening to The Requiem and The Radiance for the first time, I had goosebumps. They should have been one song (instrumental) and the rest of interludes should have been replaced with real songs. I hope that next album's gonna have more songs.

I apologise for my english.

from my point of view, the only interulde that shouldn't be a separate song it's empty spaces... the cricket noise is to when they come for me as the bomb sounds were for "one" in metallica's black album.

"One" is from "...And Justice For All" NOT the black piece of crap...umm....i mean album.

On the subject of the interludes: I like all of them except for Empty Spaces and The Radiance as individual tracks so I wouldn't want to give them up. Empty Spaces and The Radiance should have been part of When They Come For Me and The Requiem respectively.

ATS without interludes is like LPLive.net without Legend. =\

A Thousand Suns without interludes is a great album. We lose two political speeches, three refrains of vocals from the album, and one set of crickets and bombs. We didn't lose much at all, now did we? If they had three new full songs, and maybe kept The Requiem, this album would be gold. The interludes fooled me, but they don't anymore. I was like "zomg this is progressive muzik lp is different nowe". Now I am like "why am I so intrested in crickets, and Oppenheimer?". They are wastes of space and time, they simply are nothing.

Also, Legend thought Across The Line was better than everything on LPUX. :/

A Thousand Suns without interludes is a great album. We lose two political speeches, three refrains of vocals from the album, and one set of crickets and bombs. We didn't lose much at all, now did we? If they had three new full songs, and maybe kept The Requiem, this album would be gold. The interludes fooled me, but they don't anymore. I was like "zomg this is progressive muzik lp is different nowe". Now I am like "why am I so intrested in crickets, and Oppenheimer?". They are wastes of space and time, they simply are nothing.

Also, Legend thought Across The Line was better than everything on LPUX. :/

And so do I. I don't like to whine but LPUX is crap for me. I prefer to listen to Mike's DuhNahNahs than to some experimental pieces. Out of LPUX I only like PTB and WWDK.

On topic: Empty Spaces should have been featured in Burning In The Skies last seconds instead of being a separated track and The Radiance and The Requiem should have been merged as one track, but whatever. ATS loses all of it's charm without The Requiem and Jornada Del Muerto.

The Requeim and Radiance should be one track, put empty spaces at the back of BITS and keep Jornada and Fallout but throw WJL. We will have a perfect album. Anyway there is no use saying you hate interludes now. They are already in the album :D

I sort of got the feeling that Mike was trying to put his theory in practice, that people were buying songs instead of albums and that they may do well with fewer songs more frequently (or, was that Chester)? Either way, it looks like fewer songs was supplemented with more interludes.

And they sure got all of us with the 15 song claim!

yeah, I was gonna say whether you like the interludes or not, The Requiem has to be there. Its a perfect intro to the album, & starting straight into BITS would be very weak.

When I bought "The Dark Knight" on DVD, I took out all the dialouge scenes and just left the fight scenes. They are such a waist of space!

thats totally different. In a movie, almost everything is essential. I feel that the Interludes were not essential to ATS

thats totally different. In a movie, almost everything is essential. I feel that the Interludes were not essential to ATS

I think the opposite. Without the interludes the album doesn't flow. The album would become one of these...

Track 1, end in silence

Track 2, end in silence

Track 3, end in silence and so on

With the interludes it would keep a low going on from song to song

Track one flows into Interlude which sets the mood for track two

Great example is take away The radiance between The Requiem and Burning in the skies.

Now without the Radiance the songs dont flow into each other

Get me?

I think the opposite. Without the interludes the album doesn't flow. The album would become one of these...

Track 1, end in silence

Track 2, end in silence

Track 3, end in silence and so on

With the interludes it would keep a low going on from song to song

Track one flows into Interlude which sets the mood for track two

Great example is take away The radiance between The Requiem and Burning in the skies.

Now without the Radiance the songs dont flow into each other

Get me?

I understand what you are saying, but i listened to the album without the interludes and thought they flowed together well. And more real song on the album would have been nice so IMO the interludes were not needed.