A Thousand Suns - Interludes

Mystery

more real song on the album would have been nice so IMO the interludes were not needed.

Well, now if that's your argument I think you need to remember that this is Linkin Park you're a fan of. If you think they would've made 6 more "real" songs if they hypothetically scrapped all of the interludes, then you clearly don't know the band lol. And for everyone with this reason for hating the interludes: Do you honestly believe you would've wanted a 9 track album with all full songs, or a 15 track album with 9 full songs and some interludes thrown in?

Well, now if that's your argument I think you need to remember that this is Linkin Park you're a fan of. If you think they would've made 6 more "real" songs if they hypothetically scrapped all of the interludes, then you clearly don't know the band lol. And for everyone with this reason for hating the interludes: Do you honestly believe you would've wanted a 9 track album with all full songs, or a 15 track album with 9 full songs and some interludes thrown in?

how bout the nine songs plus two more songs and an instrumental or twelve full songs. That is what would be better. not a nine track album, not a fifteen track ablum with interludes

Also, Legend thought Across The Line was better than everything on LPUX. :/

Mmm.... it is.

On topic, I love the interludes, they give the album a very unique flavour.

However, I did put Empty Spaces and When They Come for Me together on iTunes as it just sounds right that way.

P.S The Black Album isn't bad... just inferior to the first four. St Anger makes the Black Album sound like a gift from the gods.

I like the interludes but they aren't necessary to enjoy the songs. People blew that out of proportion. LP always said the songs could easily stand alone too. The interludes just help the album flow together better.

This is all anybody needs to read. It's as simple as that. Everybody else are being drama queens over nothing.

We all have our opinions but Across The Line didn't beat LPUX by any means. We recieved a sick and emotional instrumental opener, a great ballad track, a nice different take on a classic song, a heavy hitting hip-hop track, a beautiful five minute instrumental, a decent ballad nothing to brag about, a cool chiller instrumental, a decent remix, a rare gem from 1997, and of course one of their most unique instrumentals to date.

Having all of that said, a stupid indie-pop wannabe track with an weak scream / laughable bridge doesn't compare to what we recieved in LPUX. Seriously? Across The Line was terrible at best.

Opinions are opinions, sorry I don't like to troll.

Edited by Mystery

Do you really need to start the ATL arguments again? O_o

I'm just saying. People said it beat LPUX. That's a stupid statement to begin with. It's like me saying

"well yeah, Lying From You killed LPU9". How?

Edited by Mystery

I agree ATL didn't beat LPUX but do you don't need say it so many times LOL

(I am not writing this comment just to start shit here)

No it's good i'm not one to argue. I just don't see potential in this song. I like nothing in it. Ugh, let's just drop it. This is an ATS thread anyway.

When I bought "The Dark Knight" on DVD, I took out all the dialouge scenes and just left the fight scenes. They are such a waist of space!

Yeah because this clearly makes sense. A Thousand Suns is lacking one thing that The Dark Knight has. A story. A Thousand Suns isn't like Dark Side Of The Moon, or even American Idiot for that matter. There isn't a story. The concepts are themes. Tossing in crickets doesn't tell a story. Martin Luther King turning evil isn't telling a story. It's the theme and concept behind the track itself. I was just annoyed that there was so many of this, and it took away from the album. Since there wasn't that "story", leaving the interludes out wouldn't change anything. You may think The Requiem or Fallout is important to the album, but if it never existed, and they were just normal tracks, people wouldn't be saying "ehh we are missing an important piece to the story". "The Catalyst" is supposed to be the main track of the album. Just because other songs have lyrics from the track, it doesn't mean they are something that you need to have. If they were never there in the first place, people wouldn't feel as if they should've been there. What i'm trying to say is, if you stop and think about the reprise lyrics and everything, you can release they taking them off of the album wouldn't hurt it in anyway.

Taking the hospital scene out of The Dark Knight (Harvey and The Joker talking) is essential and meant alot to the story.

Edited by Mystery

Yeah because this clearly makes sense. A Thousand Suns is lacking one thing that The Dark Knight has. A story. A Thousand Suns isn't like Dark Side Of The Moon, or even American Idiot for that matter. There isn't a story. The concepts are themes. Tossing in crickets doesn't tell a story. Martin Luther King turning evil isn't telling a story. It's the theme and concept behind the track itself. I was just annoyed that there was so many of this, and it took away from the album. Since there wasn't that "story", leaving the interludes out wouldn't change anything. You may think The Requiem or Fallout is important to the album, but if it never existed, and they were just normal tracks, people wouldn't be saying "ehh we are missing an important piece to the story". "The Catalyst" is supposed to be the main track of the album. Just because other songs have lyrics from the track, it doesn't mean they are something that you need to have. If they were never there in the first place, people wouldn't feel as if they should've been there. What i'm trying to say is, if you stop and think about the reprise lyrics and everything, you can release they taking them off of the album wouldn't hurt it in anyway.

Taking the hospital scene out of The Dark Knight (Harvey and The Joker talking) is essential and meant alot to the story.

ATS has a story, but its not a rock opera. Like all LP songs, the meaning isn't just given out to you. You have to discover it on your own and give it your own meaning. In case you guys forgot, your suppose to listen to the album as a whole. Who cares how many "songs" there are. A Thousand Suns is A Thousand Suns, not a collection of songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah those interludes gave me false hopes when I saw the tracklisting It thought "oh wow that's alot of songs that are gonna be in the new record, and they have weird names so they're gonna be weird / awesome as heck!" then like a month later I see the track lengths and I thought "ah geez not interludes" and yup interludes indeed!

I don't care much for them.

Thoses Interludes are pretty cool , just a shame that they are too much of them...i remember that Angels & Airwaves did the same mistakes with LOVE .

But Seriously ... Empty Spaces is a useless Interlude . i won't like be the guy who bought the song 1.99$ on Itunes expecting for a entire song and then realize that is just a not even one minute interlude .

Edited by ChrisDCMA

Thoses Interludes are pretty cool , just a shame that they are too much of them...i remember that Angels & Airwaves did the same mistakes with LOVE .

But Seriously ... Empty Spaces is a useless Interlude . i won't like be the guy who bought the song 1.99$ on Itunes expecting for a entire song and then realize that is just a not even one minute interlude .

Corrections on this statement:

Most solo songs run 0.99 and 1.29 in the US.

The track's length is listed.