DSP Delays

SpikeMinoda

The first 7 DSP's are online now at http://downloads.linkinpark.com so all shows including Hamburg with the first performance of 'A Place For My Head' verse 1 + bridge during the 'Bleed It Out' bridge.

We received a message from POOCH about the delay of the other DSP's:

Hey Guys,

POOCH here. Just an update. We are flying everywhere and doing shows without our mix rigs at the moment. This will delay the release of some DSP's. We just finished Denmark. I fly home Wednesday and will mix the rest of the shows at home. We hope to have all of the DSP's released for Thanksgiving. Thanks for being patient.

EDIT (one more statement from POOCH):

We walk a fine line and try not to fix everything. Having said that - this is a recording that you will listen to for eternity. We want to make it a pleasurable experience. It is important to us to leave it as intact as possible.

So it means we have to wait some more days til we get the other DSP's of the European Tour and even of the South American Tour earlier last month.

+1

Also check pooch's latest comment on that post. If I clearly remember I'm pretty sure Astat said the same thing. But you know, people still bitch until it comes from a higher authority.

as you know I'm a high autority here :P

And for the guys asking: no sharing of the DSP's are allowed anymore since they are available online!

as you know I'm a high autority here :P

And for the guys asking: no sharing of the DSP's are allowed anymore since they are available online!

I was referring to the people complaining about dsp fixes in the other thread when basically Astat said exactly what pooch just said. But people coninute to bitch until someone in the higher authority (meaning pooch) says it.

Here's what I'm talking about

The entire point of the DSPs is that they're supposed to be comparable in quality to any official live album. If I was recording a live album and something screwed up like that, I'd sure as hell want it fixed. I'd just rather cut the entire song out of the recording than have it in there without that vocoder effect, that's the main point of interest of that interlude in the first place. Not fixing it would be just as bad as being like "oh, Brad's guitar didn't work for the entire duration of One Step Closer. Oh well, leave it the way it is!" People don't pay 10 bucks for shit like that to be allowed to let slide. These are supposed to be professional recordings, and leaving stuff like that alone just comes off as lazy.

To me that's basically an elaboration on Pooch's response.

Edited by Pez

I was referring to the people complaining about dsp fixes in the other thread when basically Astat said exactly what pooch just said. But people coninute to bitch until someone in the higher authority (meaning pooch) says it.

ok, I got it :)

but it's always the same :P ppl never stop complaining -.- never mind about what ;)

ok, I got it :)

but it's always the same :P ppl never stop complaining -.- never mind about what ;)

It annoys me because the band do view this site so

All the tend to read is Negativity when it's out of their Control. I'll prob crack sometime soon and post a mad rant on people who

Keep Complaining about things.

All the tend to read is Negativity when it's out of their Control.

On this same note, it's their resiliency that helped them prosper in the music industry. There are videos of shows from the 2000-2002 era where they were booed at on stage, but they kept strong and played the whole show. I highly doubt some whiny 12 year old kids will phase them any. :P

Edited by rav0k