07.11.2010 - Madrid, Spain

hahninator

LP is playing in Madrid today to take a break from the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour by playing the MTV European Music Awards. Linkin Park, Katy Perry, 30 Seconds To Mars, and more are set to play at the Puerta de Alcalá in Madrid.

Pictures are already circulating of the LP stage and the songs played during soundcheck. 'Waiting For The End' actually opened first, but it is rumored that LP is playing a full show today.

LP last played Madrid in 2008 (show page here) on the third show of the summer European Tour. 'Cure For The Itch' made its 2008 debut at that show. They had two canceled shows in Spain (Madrid and Barcelona) on the canceled summer 2003 European Tour when Chester was down and out, but they made up the Madrid show later that year in September (show page here). That was a pretty cool show and the audience recording from that finally surfaced only a short time ago, so be sure and check that out. They played three shows there in 2001 to kick off the Deftones' European Tour as well (one was in Madrid). So this should be their fourth appearance in Madrid!

Who's going to the show from LPLive? Is anyone reporting the setlist live?

SOUNDCHECK:

01. Waiting For The End

02. Waiting For The End

03. Wretches & Kings

04. Papercut

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. In The End (Partial)

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Papercut

04. New Divide

05. Faint

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come for Me

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Wisdom, Justice, and Love

11. Iridescent

12. Numb

13. The Radiance (Live Version)

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Shadow Of The Day

16. Fallout

17. The Catalyst

18. The Messenger

19. In The End

20. What I've Done

21. Bleed It Out (w/ A Place for my Head verse 1 and bridge)

Show page can be found here

Edited by Hahninator

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some people there.

The soundcheck was:

Waiting for the end (twice)

Wretches & kings

Papercut

New Divide

And two uknown songs.

I will be reporting all the songs ASAP.

It's practically confirmed that they will be playing a full show (someone saw a 20 songs setlist)

No DSP for this show :( Hopefully a bunch of a good crowd videos surface. I thought they'd only be playing 2 songs...Waiting For The End and The Catalyst. A full set is awesome. You don't know the other 2 soundcheck songs? Maybe Requiem, Given Up, Faint, etc? When They Come For Me?

Wow what a badass soundcheck, the fans are going crazy lol.

I really like how there are no lights, no production, etc. It looks more like the performance is RAW. I'd love to see LP in a setting like that just once to really see how different it is from the massive production they're trying to pull off.

Does anyone have an idea when their performance will be aired?

Maybe they'll even get one award, would be really cool. I think, Eminem will be one of the big winners of the evening and I hope Green Day will win "Best World Stage Performance". They deserve it, no one else.

Edited by DecanoLP

I know this is a LP message board but what's wrong with them?

i just don't like the music they make, and they are just not good in my opinion. The only Green Day songs i like are Know Your Enemy and Boulevard of Broken Dreams Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

i just don't like the music they make, and they are just not good in my opinion. The only Green Day songs i like are Know Your Enemy and Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Haha, I'm okay with that :) Besides the fact their music is incredible in my opinion, I was talking about the "World Stage Performance" - category and I don't know any other band on this planet that plays up to 4 hours shows with ~40 songs every single night. So I think they are the only one who deserve this award :)